Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Talking Stick sorta blew me away as a facility.
  2. I've been to Talking Stick, Camelback and Peoria Complex. Of those three Camelback is the most isolated and also the most basic. It's also one of the older training facilities in the valley now I believe. All that said, Camelback is completely fine as a fan experience. The parking is much easier than Talking Stick for example. The brown is a little ugly but it's also the desert.
  3. largest total contract Jerry has ever given out.
  4. He's like half a win below average at 2nd with the glove. I think he might be 3 wins above average with the bat at 2B. We'll see how he does. My thoughts on him at third are based on my own scouting of him on the 2024 Seattle trip. He played there that night and was a disaster. His arm just won't allow it imo.
  5. So stupid. Should just eat Beni's salary and ship him to some team that needs a lefty platoon bat. Also, Sosa does not have the arm for 3B. We've been over this. He can hide it at 2nd. He can't at 3rd. He's a perfectly fine 2B defensively other than the brain farts, which aren't going to go away at 3rd.
  6. An extremely likeable vet with a pretty lefty swing. Hope he has a nice season for the Mets and he can get some playoff ball.
  7. Holy hell I lasted 5 minutes listening to that guy. Not my style. I kept waiting for his co-host to interject thinking surely there must be another voice.
  8. Baldwin is 2 years younger than Kelenic and had a 92 wRC+ compared to Kelenic's 47 last year. The idea the Sox are hoping Kelenic wins the job seems farfetched to me. Baldwin is the better player, regardless of (now long gone) draft pedigree.
  9. Thank you and a thank you to @Autumn Dreamin for all the updates. Doing a great job.
  10. To me it suggests he's already strained something.
  11. we def have some dudes.
  12. One thing I've taken from watching and reading (translated) WBC Asian prep is that they take injury prevention quite seriously. Perhaps more seriously than NA based players who have a "win a job" mentality sometimes. Most of the comments on a KBO spring game are basically just "avoid injury, go through the motions otherwise". It's an approach I wish more US pro teams would take, although I get it's a fine line.
  13. I might run into the Schriff when I'm down there. Maybe I'll bring him a printout of all the love Soxtalk shows him.
  14. They say W. Michigan is one of the cloudiest places on earth. As someone that did 20 some odd winters there I think they ain't lying. Misery loves company. It's 38 today with a venus like cloud cover. Had some flurries this morning. I figured we were done with winter and on our way to spring but we finally got a gulf of alaska low pressure the last week. Had some hail too. Oddly we had no real winter weather in January or December. Climate is def changing. It was 50 and dry for most of January here. Anyways, go Sox. Glad to be getting into the better part of the calander.
  15. I can't stand when announcers b**** and moan about their job. Especially when you're being paid to be at spring training.
  16. It's February 20th. I'd do the same s%*#. I ain't getting hurt going back to the wall on a towering fly ball in a high sky.
  17. Cubs sideline reporter said it's "freezing" in Phoenix today? Come on it's 61 and partly sunny. Not exactly that cold for mid February down there. Freezing relatively would be like high 40s.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.