Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
2/25 Sox vs. Reds 2:05PM
Talking Stick sorta blew me away as a facility.
-
2/25 Sox vs. Reds 2:05PM
I've been to Talking Stick, Camelback and Peoria Complex. Of those three Camelback is the most isolated and also the most basic. It's also one of the older training facilities in the valley now I believe. All that said, Camelback is completely fine as a fan experience. The parking is much easier than Talking Stick for example. The brown is a little ugly but it's also the desert.
-
2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
largest total contract Jerry has ever given out.
-
2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
He's like half a win below average at 2nd with the glove. I think he might be 3 wins above average with the bat at 2B. We'll see how he does. My thoughts on him at third are based on my own scouting of him on the 2024 Seattle trip. He played there that night and was a disaster. His arm just won't allow it imo.
-
2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
So stupid. Should just eat Beni's salary and ship him to some team that needs a lefty platoon bat. Also, Sosa does not have the arm for 3B. We've been over this. He can hide it at 2nd. He can't at 3rd. He's a perfectly fine 2B defensively other than the brain farts, which aren't going to go away at 3rd.
-
2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
Or score a zyn.
- 2026 Old Sock Drawer
-
White Sox 18th on 26 and under power ratings
- 2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
- 2/23/2026 - Sox @ Rockies - 2:10; Smith v. Lorenzen
- 2/23/2026 - Sox @ Rockies - 2:10; Smith v. Lorenzen
- 2/23/2026 - Sox @ Rockies - 2:10; Smith v. Lorenzen
- 2/22/2026 - Brewers @ Sox - 2:05 Logan Henderson vs. Mike Vasil; on CHSN
- 2/22/2026 - Brewers @ Sox - 2:05 Logan Henderson vs. Mike Vasil; on CHSN
- 2/21/2026 - A's @ Sox, 2:05 - on CHSN and ESPN 1000
- LUIS ROBERT TRADED
To me it suggests he's already strained something.- 2026 Spring Training Thread
we def have some dudes.- Munemania: Rated 100/10
One thing I've taken from watching and reading (translated) WBC Asian prep is that they take injury prevention quite seriously. Perhaps more seriously than NA based players who have a "win a job" mentality sometimes. Most of the comments on a KBO spring game are basically just "avoid injury, go through the motions otherwise". It's an approach I wish more US pro teams would take, although I get it's a fine line.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
I might run into the Schriff when I'm down there. Maybe I'll bring him a printout of all the love Soxtalk shows him.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
They say W. Michigan is one of the cloudiest places on earth. As someone that did 20 some odd winters there I think they ain't lying. Misery loves company. It's 38 today with a venus like cloud cover. Had some flurries this morning. I figured we were done with winter and on our way to spring but we finally got a gulf of alaska low pressure the last week. Had some hail too. Oddly we had no real winter weather in January or December. Climate is def changing. It was 50 and dry for most of January here. Anyways, go Sox. Glad to be getting into the better part of the calander.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
I can't stand when announcers b**** and moan about their job. Especially when you're being paid to be at spring training.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
It's February 20th. I'd do the same s%*#. I ain't getting hurt going back to the wall on a towering fly ball in a high sky.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
Cubs sideline reporter said it's "freezing" in Phoenix today? Come on it's 61 and partly sunny. Not exactly that cold for mid February down there. Freezing relatively would be like high 40s.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
Nice swing buddy.- 2/20: Sox vs Cubs 2:05 PM
Good stop Murakami. - 2/24 Sox @ Seamen 2:10PM
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.