Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
I thought it was just a common BP drill, work on balance. I would be fairly surprised if the Sox had him working on swing changes in February 11, but maybe they are.
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
Here you go, some content. Tina is a 10. Fegan is a dork but he knows his Sox.
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
Can you imagine how excited "just flush it" would be about the bidet installs?
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
We need a unifying source of hate. Hire TLR as a "special advisor to the GM".
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
last year was the first year I can remember we had multiple rookies come up and produce positive WAR that I can remember. It was quite encouraging even if we have a long ass way to go. At this point I'd give credit to the players themselves and the new coaches. Hahn showed no ability to nurture talent. He put together a league worst coaching staff in hindsight, at every level of the org seemingly.
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
One of the few fond memories I have of winter in the upper midwest is at least when you get into mid February the sun is again high enough to warm you up a bit and melt the snow, even if the air temp is 30. Can get some decent mid day walks in at least.
-
2026 Spring Training Thread
Seeing Murakami in the sun hitting bombs has me hyped. Winter is ending, slowly, hopefully for Sox fans in more ways than one.
-
Going to Spring Training as a fan
Yea too young to even really remember it. Give it a few years. I still remember my dad taking me to the my first game at age 7. Stairs at old comiskey smelled like piss.
-
Going to Spring Training as a fan
Depending on how old they have quite a bit of activities. Kids 3-10 were running bases at Talking Stick and they have a "kids zone" as well. The blanket zones in the OF grass "seats" (bring your own) are also quite kid (and parent) friendly. Mom and Dad can drink in the sun, kids can amuse themselves on a blanket when the baseball lulls.
-
RochTalk
I keep hearing "B1G...UCLA" and my mind can't compute it. For some reason it's easier in hoops and football.
-
Sox sign Fedde (2026)
The SP is going to be pretty damn bad. Maybe we can win some games 7-5 on the way to 66 wins.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
- Sox swing and a miss with black history month graphic
I don't know why but I got a little sad just now thinking of then the Bulls fans booed Krause's wife during one of their reunion nights at the UC a few years back. Krause takes some blame of course for how he was perceived, and MJ of course -- but also JR contributed. JR never gave Krause the public backing he deserved. JR def holds grudges. I still think he blames Krause for breaking up the Bulls when the reality is much more complicated.- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
Well it's the difference in probably being projected at 90 wins and 85 so yea, you're taking the playoff odds preseason down from like 85% to 60% or so. It's not just letting him go, it would be basically punting a contention year and in video games that works fine, but nobody ever does it IRL to any success.- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
- Sox swing and a miss with black history month graphic
Don't put down to malice what incompetence explains. Our marketing dept sucks.- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
- Non-White Sox Off-Season Hot Stove
- Keith Law Top 100
Having a top heavy system is fine if you have a constant supply of boom/bust type prospects coming out of your international and domestic scouting operations. Hopefully Getz can continue to expand those areas.- Opening Series In Milwaukee
Nice, won't have to worry about a snow / rain out. I hate having a game, day off, then it gets snowed out anyways and you have to wait another day to get he season really going.- Sox get an off season "C"
For now competent works. We'll see how things look when we aren't just a bad team working with no expecations.- Sox get an off season "C"
It was a fine offseason given where we are. Not going to be a quick process.- Going to Spring Training as a fan
Agree with a lot of this. IMO Phoenix metro is very drivable but some people don't like driving on vacation, which I get. It is a bit of a haul to get to he various parks. Frankly I would just drink in the parking lot at most of the parks if you want to get a buzz and save some money. It's cheap AF in general to go out down there imo. Weather eh, I've had some rainy high 50s and it still felt quite nice the sun is high enough to get out of SAD type conditions even overcast. IMO Late March weather can scorch ya and along those lines I'd recommend the first week of march as by the end quite a few regulars are sitting, especially this year with the WBC, hell might even need to go earlier. Tempe is a late winter early spring place to hang, even for older people. I recommend Pedal Haus for great beer, Daily Jam for people watching and a decently quick breakfast, society is a fancyish place for drinks and italian, and finally Sumo Mayo in Scottsdale for a great upscaleish fusion japanese mexican dinner. You can see the escorts line up at the bar on a busy saturday night as you enjoy some prime rib avocado rolls. - Sox swing and a miss with black history month graphic