chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Grateful for this fan page
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Cooper discouraged by social media negativity
This team really loves arguing with its fans doesn't it? Don Cooper is part of the problem.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
I did but I think it's because he's a 5th starter next year. Maybe he can take a step forward but I"m not counting on it.
-
And That's A Slammin' White Sox Winner !
George @YankeeNerdStats FollowFollow @YankeeNerdStats More AL wRC+ Leaders (min 450 PAs) Mike Trout (179) Alex Bregman (166) Nelson Cruz (158) George Springer (152) MARK CANHA (144) Jose Altuve (141) Austin Meadows (141) Yoán Moncada (140) J.D. Martinez (139) Xander Bogaerts (137)
-
Sox@Tigers 6:05 NBCSN-CHI Cease vs. Zimmermann
One of the most impressive seasons of suck in the history of baseball. Glad the Sox don't have anybody better they could trot out in a lost year.
-
Who would still want Maddon?
Fuck no. Dude is on an Ozzie like career path. Won a title and started to think his shit didn't stink.
-
Machado do-over
I don't think MLB pitchers are going to mess around and allow him that walk rate. Not until he can prove he can turn on a fastball anyways.
-
Machado do-over
Even if the Sox spent 90 million total per year on those guys you'd expect 20-30 million left to fill out the roster. This is going to be a telling offseason if the payroll isn't bumped into the top 10 range expect a lot of pain going forward. A lot.
-
Machado do-over
Man I hope Robert is a monster from day 1 next late April. I'm talking 270/320/520 with elite defense and baserunning. Gimme a 4 WAR season as a rookie.
-
Machado do-over
I'd expect Madrigal at best to do something like 280/320/380. Frankly I'd expect his season to look a lot like Yolmer's this year. Maybe with better more consistent defense and a few more points on the triple slash. In his prime Madrigal should be an excellent starter but as a rookie I think he's going to be about 1.5 WAR. Sox should be looking to bring in stud hitters at DH/RF. We've talked endlessly about the options. Just get it done.
-
Machado do-over
I dunno the Sox might have dodged a bit of a bullet with Manny but I'd feel a helluva lot better about next year if RF was being manned by a 4-6 WAR Bryce Harper. Even at his price tag.
-
Free Agency - How confident are you?
And that would be perfect for the Sox as they could focus the rest of their attention on position players and adding a back end starter or two. You'd have a very solid 1,2 with Gio and Cole and then probably a decent 4th out of Kopech and Lopez (maybe a decent 3rd) and you'd need to fill in around but the Sox would have a clear idea where they stood early in FA with the roster. That will never happen tho this franchise is not smart enough to realize that sometimes AAV relative to production isn't everything.
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
He'll be non tendered and then will catch on for 1.2 million or so on another club. He's a MLB player but not at anything more than a few million per year.
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
I'm kinda with @Look at Ray Ray Run I think Fangraphs is evaluating defensive floors wrong and over valuing their contribution. There's no way Yolmer's 650 OPS carries him into average starter territory. That said I have no real evidence of that but it doesn't seem that clubs value all glove guys like Yolmer as average regulars. Super subs sure. But 2 WAR is basically an average regular and he's not that imo. Eh, he's only been +6.7 runs (accounting for defensive spectrum adjustments) and 1 fWAR with his shitty wRC+ of 75 this year. So maybe my concerns are overblown. Yolmer's problem is that he was a 95 wRC+ hitter on the rise with a great glove 2 years ago. His overall play has declined greatly from his age 24 season, which is puzzling in many ways. I do think PEDs might have played a role and he stopped using them once he was an established regular.
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
It's the 25th man (26 next year?) so it's not a huge deal but I think the Sox can do better. I'm with @BackDoorBreach on this one. He's had a decent run but even his "good stretch" is a 706 OPS with a 310 OBP, that's not great, even from a 4th OF.
- In 2019 the White Sox Struck Gold on their Most Important Players (Dan Z content)
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
Sox should be looking for an upgrade there as well imo. Engel is replacement level.
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
Yea exactly Mendick would provide 90% of sanchez at about 10% the cost. No brainer to move on.
-
And That's an Unexpected White Sox Winner !
It's 2013 again. We got a bunch of stars and a bunch of scrubs. Too many scrubs. Hopefully the Money. Will. Be. Spent. And. Wisely.
-
And That's an Unexpected White Sox Winner !
It's going to be a helluva tough decision on 1B next year. I have no idea what the Sox should do with Collins and Jose and 1B and any FA.
-
Yolmer contemplates not being on the Sox
Dude has been the ultra rare latin success story (limited as it is) for the Sox and has already banked about 8 million in salary and has a lifetime pension. Good vibes all around there. But he's going to be overpaid next year and there's no room for him in the starting lineup once Madrigal comes up in June. So he'll have to try and catch on somewhere else if the Sox are serious at all about winning.
-
And That's an Unexpected White Sox Winner !
He's up to 17th in fWAR, right behind Devers and LeMahieu. Most of the guys in the top 20 have played at least 20 more games than Yoan. Impressive season to say the least. @bubba phillips was a late night win. I saw it just as I was headed to bed on the west coast last night.
- In 2019 the White Sox Struck Gold on their Most Important Players (Dan Z content)
-
TA and Yoan have combined for 8.5 fWAR: is this the best young double play combo in Sox history?
such a different time, wish we had more easily found footage.
- In 2019 the White Sox Struck Gold on their Most Important Players (Dan Z content)
-
TA and Yoan have combined for 8.5 fWAR: is this the best young double play combo in Sox history?
why I made the thread my man. these guys are elite and rare. dan z had a very positive piece on the sox published tonight on FG. Someone should make a thread. i've been negative and management remains a problem but from a "guys you need to be good" perspective this season has delivered. cut the dead wood and maybe we got a garden.