Everything posted by Balta1701
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:40 AM) Politicians aren't carrying out torture orders, either. So it wasn't even the question I asked. The people in the FBI, or CIA carrying out these orders ARE required to pass such evaluations. And they also are required to and trained to carry out orders. In some cases, even illegal orders.
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:38 AM) I have to ask, if it doesn't work, why do they continue to do it, even if "behind closed doors"? Are you and others claiming that the people who work for the government that carry out these orders are sick individuals that are mentally ill and love to see people suffer, IE, actual sociopaths? If so, how do they have jobs that require extensive psych evaluations to attain? Is the government purposefully employing these people to do these things that they outwardly say don't work? Is the government further, making sure these sickos are passing these psych evaluations so they have people on staff to do these things, that again, they say doesn't even work? If so, why? I'm not for torture, I'm just asking the questions nobody seems to be asking themselves. There's no extensive psych evaluations necessary for political positions.
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 11:24 AM) So if they are surrounding a 60-year old man, does this mean the kid is long gone? Seriously, at this point, just don't believe anything that is reported. This is "Fog of war" territory.
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:38 AM) Russia has done a lot of damage in Chechnya. Although I doubt the bombing in Boston has anything to do with that long standing conflict. Russia's worst war crime in Chechnya I'm not going to say that any of the content is correct, but the press has been trying to track down social media posts by these guys with possibly some success. Here's a couple links if you want to see what is currently out there, but at least pretend that it's probably NY Post level quality right now. Link 1 Link 2- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 10:28 AM) imagine if he got away and they locked the whole city down gz There are reports now that they're looking for a vehicle that may have headed for Connecticut. This could already have happened.- Explosions outside of Waco, Texas
Twelve bodies recovered in West, Texas, after fire and explosion at fertilizer plant.- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
The people I know from MIT are saying they released the ID of the officer. 26 years old, started work there 16 months ago.- Catch-All Anything Thread
What happens when you wring out a wet rag in 0 g?- Explosions outside of Waco, Texas
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 09:16 AM) Well that is just the stupidest thing. Turns out I can still beat that. By a different source, I'm reading that Texas has roughly enough resources to inspect plants in their state roughly once every 126 years. Nationwide, OSHA is at a confidence boosting once every 99 years.- Viciedo to the 15 day DL
QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 09:16 AM) Perhaps you misunderstood. I wouldn't be glad to see Viciedo go on the DL, for and extended period of time. However, if he did, waiting to sign Sizemore would be my preferred option, providing of course that he were healthy, and ready in June. What would you recommend the Sox do, if Viciedo does indeed miss most of the season? Find someone who can play now and regularly rather than a few games 2-3 months from now.- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
Apparently around 3:00 a.m. last night the internets "identified" one of the suspects as Sunil Tripathi, a student at Brown University. Once again, the identification was incorrect.- Explosions outside of Waco, Texas
Wall Street Journal- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
Link- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 07:31 AM) Is the New York Post Edited by a Bigoted Drunk Who f***s Pigs? Sigh- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
MSNBC reports that two people have been taken into custody at the home where the brothers lived- How Much Rope Does Dunn Have?
QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 09:02 AM) I'm just assuming that if he had changed bats, or done anything else different, we would have read or heard about it. I think guys change bat size all the time. That's one that Hawk runs through, they change bat sizes regularly throughout the season, if for no other reason just due to tiring out/wear and tear.- Viciedo to the 15 day DL
QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2013 -> 09:00 AM) Of course, you're right if that is the timing. However, I read somewhere that Sizemore expects to be ready to play in June. I'm assuming that Viciedo will be out much longer. Aren't oblique pulls and tears very slow to heal? His swing is about as violent as anyone's, and I can't imagine him taking that swing any time soon, if he did indeed seriously injure his oblique. I'd expect he'll have a DL trip yes, but if he's already downplaying it enough to tell Gonzo that he doesn't want to go on the DL, it seems unlikely to be severe enough for him to be gone for 6 months. Sorry to disappoint.- Viciedo to the 15 day DL
So yeah, Viciedo goes on the DL for a time, the Sox then wait 3 months, Sign Grady Sizemore, and then realize Viciedo came back from the DL 2 months beforehand and they have no idea what they're doing.- How Much Rope Does Dunn Have?
Wow, you can measure the weight of his bat through the TV? You're awesome!- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
I've come to realize this week that I know way too many people in Cambridge, MA.- Viciedo to the 15 day DL
- Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 06:13 PM) i bet these guys are long gone by now. They can't leave the Earth.- 2013 Cubs catch all thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 04:00 PM) Disagree, as Soler and Baez are 2 of the better offensive prospects in the game, and scouts love Almora. Their farm system is top 15 now in nearly every publication I believe. Impressive. 3 straight losing seasons following a season with 83 wins, $30 million+ spent on Cubans, 2 straight drafts in the top 10 (will be 3 this year), and they're "top 15 in nearly every publication". I mean, that's amazing, all the way up to the middle of the pack despite losing year after year. Man, I'm jealous of how well run that franchise is. Just makes me want to have a losing team for half a decade too, so that we can be fringe-top-15 in nearly every publication.- Connecticut school shooting
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 18, 2013 -> 05:03 PM) it was 54-46 . just looked it up (and just to note, Harry Reid changed his vote to "against" in order to give himself permission to bring the bill back up in the future as required by some ridiculous rule, so in reality it was 55-45 in favor). - Explosions at end of Boston Marathon