Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 12:39 PM) There used to be some subjectivity in what was in bounds via the force-out rule. There were too many complaints that the refs weren't being consistent, so the rule was changed and now it's 100% objective. In a game whose TV ratings are fueled by massive amounts of gambling, the NFL is going to make rules LESS subjective, not MORE. feet in bounds, sure. But no matter what, if the first appendage/bodypart touches the line, its out.
  2. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 12:05 PM) It's just amazing to me that so many took my dislike for the specifics of the rule as "THEY BLEW THAT CALL!! HE WASN'T OUT OF BOUNDS!!!". I already said they made the right call, I am just disappointed in what the rule actually is.But like I said, forget it, move on, I can't win here. If it happened against some other team, maybe. And again, this is the thing I just dont get. How can you be disappointed in what is ruled out of bounds? This isnt a subjective call here. The lines are there so you know, Chalk is OUT. And you wont read what Steve writes, but if he is quoted you will see what he wrote in the quote
  3. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 11:09 AM) I think his point is that it's too bad that such a great catch was made that was negated by his fingers barely being out of bounds. I am sure there would be some similar sentiment if this had happened to the Bears. But the rules are the rules, and you can't apply them only when they lead to results that you desire. I totally agree I would be pissed if it negated a bears TD, but he is saying it was bulls*** and comparing it to a dumb ticky tack rule like touching a db with a toe after he intercepted a ball. Not even close to the same thing. His fingers came down OOB before his hips hit the goal area, it sucks but there is no gray area here.
  4. The satellite view of that hurricane is incredible. Perfect Storm-ish
  5. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 10:15 AM) Ahh jesus, nevermind. Clearly my point is not being understood, and I don't feel like wasting my time any further. Move along. please waste some time and explain what you are saying. What i am getting from this(and it seems like not only me) is that you are salty because you think the out of bounds ruling is being interpreted incorrectly or too tight.
  6. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 10:08 AM) I've always wondered that. I see in a lot of TV shows or movies people will freely talk about crime, and it never seemed smart. Maybe none of those conversations can be used against you in a court of law? I don't know. oh yes they can, and they are
  7. holy s*** is he a megalomaniac
  8. Another great Prince Fielder GIF http://deadspin.com/5955669/a-very-importa...nce-fielder-gif
  9. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 08:47 AM) Many NFL players have also learned that there's no such thing as "a little pregnant" Wait, there isnt? MOTHERf***ER!!!! DAMNIT!
  10. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    Im disappointed Isaac is in jail too, but he will get out on a technicality soon. No doubt. I really didnt like the talk him and Isaac had at the prison. Mostly because ALL CONVERSATIONS AT A PRISON ARE RECORDED.
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 08:36 AM) Apparently you cannot read the words "not that it would have made a difference this year". apparently you have to complain about things that need not complaining about
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 08:29 AM) Not that it would have made a difference this year, but home-field advantage is a really valuable thing, and to have an exhibition game decide who gets it is still very, very dumb. I hope that rule is changed soon. If it was by record then San francisco still would have had home field advantage. They were the better team
  13. Fielder was really bad. Like Adam Dunn 2011 bad
  14. My buddy texted me a funny line, especially after watching the Cowboys/Giants game "Hey Look! A Romo that can close a game out!"
  15. OHHHHH MY GOOOOOOD I AM SO EMBARRASSED OHHHH NO THE TIGERS WONT BE LAZY AND COMPLACENT NEXT SEASON OOOOOOHNNOOOOOOOO MR BILL
  16. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 12:15 AM) I'm saying I hate how something like that is considered out of bounds in football. Like earlier when the Cowboys CB picked off the ball, but was ruled down because he brushed up against the WR's shoe when he was getting up. Really? The WR had no idea where the ball was, he was not trying to get the CB down, the CB just happen to hit his foot when he was getting up. That's a damn dumb rule. Ok, possibly the down by contact rule when a runner is down and a small part of the body touches is a little bit dumb. Possibly. But the out of bounds line is the out of bounds line, and no part of that is a damn dumb rule. It was an amazing catch, at a really stressful time, but he did not come down in bounds. Nothing sketchy or dumb about that rule, it is out of bounds, his hand hit before his body came down in the endzone. Pretty cut and dry.
  17. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 07:36 PM) The Giants looked godawful, especially their secondary. They gave up 437 yards to Romo. They were so, so bad... Romo always gets a lot of yards. Unfortunately for him, the Cowboys and Cowboys fans, those yards come with turnovers
  18. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 07:08 PM) As much as I clearly hate Dez Bryant, I can't fault him for that. The outside of his glove touching the boundary line negates an incredible play? That's such bulls***. Giants fans better not take pride in this victory. I'm not saying it was the wrong call, but it's ridiculous that something so insignificant can lose you a game. EDIT: I expected the final play of the game to be a catch by Austin where his shoelace touched the white line, and they rule it no catch and game over. Yeah, out of bounds shouldn't count if its a great play
  19. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:18 PM) Bears lose. They just came out and played like s***. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:31 PM) Way to cap this tragedy of a game QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:31 PM) That's game. Just awful. It killed any kind of momentum the Bears got from the previous series. What an absolutely strange strategy to completely go away from Hester, especially considering his current season It was ugly, but a W is a W
  20. Deadspin pointed this out, lol
  21. Isn't Harden financially impossible for the Bulls without them getting rid of some major assets anyways?
  22. Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources tell Y! Sports.
  23. Isn't Benoit the best reliever for Detroit? Shouldn't they hang on to him for closing since Valverde forgot how to pitch? Lincecum has been straight up filthy
  24. The end to the Louisville/Cincinatti game had a pretty crazy ending

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.