Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. the timelapse video of Sandy hitting New York on CNN videos is pretty crazy.
  2. While i would like it, I think Moustakas is really the longest of long shots. If he comes to the Sox and reaches his offensive potential, it would make the Royals look really bad. I have said before I would really love Headley, but its hard to guage what the Padres want to do with him and their Minor league prospect. I think Wright would cost a boatload. Maybe there is someone out there that Haaaaaaaaahn is looking at that we arent aware of
  3. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 02:04 PM) Just as an aside to improve the board: A post like this is one that I call a "thread derailer." You went after a poster so it tends to spur discussion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand: Peavy. Just a lesson for the moderators to consider how they can derail the threads at hand. I'm done with the topic now. Adios. Must go to work. Thanks for the lesson. We shall insert into the soxtalk handbook on decorum. Back to Peavy discussion
  4. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:58 PM) I think your above comment is presidential-debatish. I call u on it. I wouldn't say you are supportive of my opposite opinions at all. I think a lot of people just try to shrug me off their shoulder like an unwanted flea.But I don't care because what does it matter, really? If I didn't want to be educated I wouldn't post on here at all. I enjoy the commentary. I didnt say I am supportive of your opposite opinions, I said people can be supportive of their opposite opinions and make it easy to understand why they feel opposite of me. You do no such thing. You talk in circles, you make a point that contradicts earlier points constantly and when people call you in it, you ignore it. The Ozzie thread is FULL of that. You want to talk about this, PM me. We are derailing this thread.
  5. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:41 PM) I don't know why u notice or care. It's just fantasy land, the internet message board world where we all post our opinions right or wrong. I actually appreciate a lot of the conversation on this site, and dont consider it fantasyland at all. It keeps me sane reading how people approach thier lives on this board, because it is much more than just the White Sox. People give me s*** just as much as I do to them, I dont mind. Sometimes it is aggravating, but most people can be very supportive of their opposite opinions and make them easy to understand why they feel the opposite way I do. You may treat it as fantasy, that doesnt mean everyone else does.
  6. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:23 PM) Why u laughing? I've never seen any poster make posts like the one I cited than u. Why do you do that? I never post comments about other people's posting tendencies (except right now). You only notice it because i do it about you. Mostly because you are predictable. DO YOU DENY ME and oldsox takes shots at Sox management frequently.
  7. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 01:18 PM) You seem to get worked up about other people's posts. Some people like but don't love Jake. For instance, I don't discount how even in a quality start, there's trouble brewing in the 7th and 8th with him because of the fact he won't come out of games. That means even Jake's dominant starts can turn to hell in a hurry. It's a very good move because of the innings he'll eat up. It's scary to think of all those innings for the fill in guys if we lose one of our real starters. Danks has to get healthy and be effective and Floyd has to take the next step if we want to have a stellar starting rotation to go with Sale. Losing Peavy would have been bad had we had to give the ball to somebody like Santiago before he learns how to pitch. LMAO
  8. Is Eric Gordon ever healthy?
  9. QUOTE (Andrew @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 12:30 AM) What is all this? We don't sign guys like this - remember Bell? Even paid for, I wouldn't want him. Sorry if I'm echo'ing other posts here...late to 12 page party. I remember George Bell, yes
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 10:08 AM) Wait this argument is still going on? Damn, this is worse than me and Balta. whoa whoa whoa, lets not get crazy here with these assumptions
  11. QUOTE (balfanman @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 10:17 AM) I don't think that there's any doubt that Peavey would have been offered at least that much. just let him go, oldsox wants every opportunity to complain about management decisions, whether it makes sense or not
  12. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 09:30 AM) I thought it was a lock that Rivera was coming back in 2013, because he didn't want to end his career with an injury like that. it is still leverage for Boras. They would need someone within a year to step in
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 07:49 AM) Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS Rafael Soriano will opt out of #yankees contract today. Story up on http://cbssports.com . typical Boras "milk money out of yankees" move. He has all the power with Riviera talking retirement and few legitimate options.
  14. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 08:17 PM) Lucas isn't completely left out though, he is serving as creative consultant, but yeah, he won't be making any decisions. If he wants to say "this creature should look and act like this" I'm cool with that. If he wants to write some dialogue, get the hell out of the mouse house and have fun with your 4 billion
  15. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:18 PM) Im pretty sure the future story arcs are mostly written. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_novels I just would prefer instead of doing episode 7, they did something from Old Republic that was entirely unrelated to Luke. I just dont care to watch Han's kid ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_family ) and would just prefer an entirely new Star Wars universe story arc. /shrugs 1-3 are fine because they are the origin story of Darth Vader. 7-9 will just be nonsense. Emperor is dead, Vader is dead. Why not do a story about Darth Plagueis, or a story about the origins of the Sith. Those would be way better and wouldnt trample on an already told story. It can be ANY story arc, and Lucas isn't involved, and that is the best part.
  16. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 04:17 PM) You guys mock my declarations a lot, but I challenge you to go back and read some of my predictions in the past. I was taught to never toot your own horn so I don't brag when my predictions are correct which they were A LOT this past season. Yea, that declaration about the number of championships running through Miami was spot on. Didn't you say the Sox had no shot at competing as well? Maybe you should dig up some of those correct declarations and show me.
  17. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 03:32 PM) This could be absolutely amazing with the write creative team in place with the amount of stories that can be brought to the big screen from the Star Wars universe. Obviously there is the possibility of oversaturation but Disney's acquisition of Marvel has gone well so far. Agreed, there is some really good stuff post Return of the Jedi in book form. R A Salvatore wrote a couple of really good ones, Luke gets really dark.
  18. I wish i could post the gif of the cats watching the ping pong game
  19. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 11:49 AM) I'd love to have Sal Perez on the Sox. wouldnt we all
  20. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 09:25 AM) That 2013 White Sox team was such a disappointment. Glad that's over. I wish the 2013 tigers were complacent and lazy. Sadly, this is not so, therefore they are unbeatable. They should be favored to win the WS now after they have embarrassed all the the AL
  21. QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 08:25 AM) I hate the sitting out a year rule for players. Coaches jump aEvery year. If done legally, who cares. There has to be some sort of deterrant for coaches to try and create superteams via transfer. I dont know what the perfect answer is, but there has to be something. There also has to be a coach deterrant for the Calipari golden parachute maneuver. Something sufficient
  22. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 30, 2012 -> 01:42 AM) Can we get a Trade Winds section open or something? ha, doubtful. Jason doesnt even like doing that at the deadline. The Diamond Club is a good place for this stuff in the offseason
  23. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 09:30 PM) Let's face it the only way we can beat out Detroit is if Detroit sucks whether thru complacency or laziness. They are smart enough to realize all they have to do is win this s***ty division to position themselves for a nice run to the WS. On paper they are so much better than anybody else in our division because of $$. My hope would be they won it all to get it out of their system. Now they can sleepwalk all year again if they wish, let their talent take over the final two weeks and in head to head meetings vs. the Sox when they get up for the games, and the rest is history. Does anybody think there's any way in hell we beat them out next year? It'd be a massive upset to win the division and we know we're not gonna win the wild cards. I simply despise having to play our divisional teams 19 times. That is yet another of the things very very wrong with baseball. And it was all so the Yankees and Red Sox could play 19 times. Horrible and it is killing the White Sox. We far way better against teams outside the Central. The Sox just can't get up for these lousy Central Division teams. And with Buehrle maybe heading to Minnie, damn, we are doomed IMO /world
  24. So pitchers get Gold Gloves when line drives consistently are hit over their backs?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.