Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 03:35 PM) Why do yo say that? How he left as a player was as bad as how he left last year and he was brought back to manage the team. That's why I would not dismiss it. fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. Or as GWB would finish, "i wont be fooled again"
  2. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 02:53 PM) I try to use facts as well. Fact: Our pitchers couldn't go more than five innings for the final couple weeks of the season. Fact: Buehrle could have done so. Fact: Buehrle could have mentored our young pitchers who desperately needed help late. The fact is the Sox couldn't afford to pay another guy cause of all that money going to Rios and Dunn and Peavy. Too bad. Cause I will always believe we are in the playoffs if mark is on our team! I think the much hyped Coop did a s***ty job the last month mentoring this staff. s***ty. And bad use of pitchers as well. that is actually your opinion greg also, your opinion. Would mentoring them have changed the end result? doubtful
  3. Buehrle wasnt going to pitch this team into the playoffs. He isnt dominant, he is pretty good. But Buehrle wouldnt be able to mask this teams offensive ineptness
  4. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 07:37 AM) Didnt they have closure on that last year after he slept with the witness? I wonder if the video game guy is a little psychotic and is messing with Dexter because he shot down his video game and will find out that he is messig with the wrong guy. Who knows. I never felt like there was closure, i just felt like it kept dragging on and on and he was just the lovelost ex boyfriend. And yea, I feel like that guy is angry at Dexter for shooting down his videogame. But I think he might do something bad to Batista's sister
  5. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    I love how the Quinn/Deb angry love lost story was squashed immediately. I hated that. The guy that made the serial killer video game, I cant figure out if he is actually on to Dexter, or if he just is messing with the wrong guy and he doesnt know it. Im tending to lean towards the latter, but him cancelling Dexters credit cards is pretty bad. He will end up on Dexters table, he is going to do something stupid.
  6. QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 01:28 AM) Last year it was Viciedo fever. After Anderson was a bust, it was Jerry Owens fever. the only person that contracted that hideous malady was Kenny Williams. This site wanted no part of him, we knew what he was
  7. greg delivering truth, one keystroke at a time
  8. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    Well Deb knows now. All bets are off
  9. QUOTE (WhiteSoxNews @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 11:53 AM) Yes, I understand the whole don't self-promote concept, which is why I haven't self-promoted since I returned. But if other people set up polls and start discussions then why isn't an admin scolding them. I've been on the site for about two days, I haven't really had time to comment yet. Also why would you think Soxnews is going to start self-promoting, he's written one article and didn't link to anything. What do you mean you haven't had time to comment? You have time to set up 4 different threads but no time to actually participate in the threads?
  10. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 11:33 AM) QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 11:27 AM) Mental midget breakdowns since the 21st century has hurt ticket sales plus a zillion other things. Let's also not ignore the current manager is thinking about quitting. Why is this in the news? Where has Ventura thinking about quitting been mentioned Marty's guy
  11. @AdamSchefter: Inactives: RB Peyton Hillis, Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill, Logan Mankins, Julian Edelman. Actives: WR Dwayne Bowe, Mikel Leshoure.
  12. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 09:11 AM) No doubt a dose of humility would do him good. Ultimately, maybe that's what the Marlins experience ends up being. I dont see much humility in this current death spiral. Looks like the same guy that was blaming everyone else while simultaneously saying "its my fault". I think success just goes to his head, any degree of success and the animal comes out.
  13. QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 10:44 PM) I've been trying to join the "damn good posters" group since September 2004 Almost there, jake, almost there
  14. QUOTE (WhiteSoxNews @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 09:32 PM) Here's the thing, I wouldn't care if someone linked to their own blog and I also don't understand why others would care. The reason I don't comment in other discussions is for this reason, everyone starts arguing with each other and everyone walks on eggshells with every post they make. I mean I could understand such treatment if I were on this site as a Cubs fan, but we're all White Sox fans, why can't we just openly share ideas and thoughts? Also, what's wrong with polls? If Admins are so concerned about polls then they should just remove the feature. People have participated in my polls and they're a good indication of how people feel about certain topics. No one should have a problem with that. There are plenty of longtime posters that promote their own sites, side projects and blogs on this site. Have you seen multiple posters with Flapship.com in their sig? Statestsports started here as a poster named Jimbos drinker. We dont have a problem with that. What we do have a problem with is people who show up, register and immediately link their own blog as a way to drive up their own site traffic. Thats bulls***. If you want to participate in discussion and be a member of the site, we are all about that. But you and Soxnews(if that is another person or just an alternate name of yours) look like you are just setting up to start linking to your blog. Thats why other members as well as mods and admins are calling it out. Dont play the "you guys discourage discussion" card around here either, thats a copout. If you participated in threads like others do you would see there is plenty of discussion, some of it leads to arguments of course but there is some damn good members on this site that provide some damn good insight and thoughts on many different topics, so dont act like you are reinventing the wheel by coming up with a poll and a paragraph to start a discussion. Other people do it too.
  15. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2012 -> 07:46 PM) Thanks for sharing marty. I know one person on here who will love this. I know 4999 people whose stomach just turned
  16. Gems from McCarver: The word "fatigue" has only entered the game of baseball in the last decade or so" "With the white sox power they can come back on any team. This is a good come from behind team"
  17. Lets not all be surprised that greg wants to listen to absolute nonsense while watching the games.
  18. Justblaze forgot to change threads
  19. I think they have been setting up Wimpy returning and Stone exiting for 2 seasons. Wimpy and Hawk have found that spark again.
  20. 4-0 Detroit after a Berry triple
  21. thanks for everything KC
  22. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:22 PM) <!--quoteo(post=2708111:date=Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:25 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 09:25 AM) <!--quotec--> I'm getting old, I guess, because that looks terrible. Eh, you like that terrible Challenge show . Your tastes are obviously skewed
  23. Golden Tate admits he pushed off You know what, I dont even care about this. I dont think he is a cheater because they were rewarded the touchdown. He did what wide recievers do in every game and it didnt get called. The refs missed it, it doesnt make him a cheater, he just benefitted from the refs being morons. What do people expect him to do after the game? Admit he pushed off and go and tell the officials and have them reverse the call? GMAB, this isnt that catholic commercial where the kid is playing basketball and admits he knocked the ball out of bounds. He did what every other player in the league would do, "what? me? push off? NEVER"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.