Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
OMG WILL THIS PLEASE END FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 12:14 PM) He is an NBA player. obvious post is obvious
-
2012 ALDS Yankees vs Orioles
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 06:58 AM) Last night they flashed a stat that Nick Swisher is 1 for 34 w/ RISP over his entire postseason career. That's just unbelievable, you would think that by blind baseball luck he could sneak a few bloops or seeing eye singles in there. He cannot concentrate on a baseball if he is too busy trying to find cameras that are focused on him
-
2012 NLDS Nationals vs Cardinals
Werth earning that contract!! not really though
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 06:06 PM) WHAT DO YOU KNOW YOURE NOT EVEN A REAL FAN I admittedly dont know nothing
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 05:08 PM) Barely into the preseason and this thread is borderline unreadable, impressive. hitting new levels
-
2012 NLDS Reds vs Giants
One more week of the beard. Sad
-
The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:42 PM) I hate when you make a legitimate trade with someone and the league just vetoes it anyways because they don't want your team to get better. Ugh What trade did you make
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:07 PM) You act like you don't know anything about Derrick Rose. I guarantee you his mentality is much nearer along my lines than yours, or anybody elses who think he should flop and tank the season. BEHOLD, DERRICK ROSE'S CONSCIENCE!!!!!!!!
-
2012 NLDS Reds vs Giants
Someone tweeted today that Votto hasnt hit a homerun in 4 months. That is insane
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:24 PM) They didn't play the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left. They basically let the clock run out in the last minute when they were down by 9. I would prefer playing that one out to try to get a Reggie Miller against the Knicks or T-Mac against the Spurs type miracle but the narrative that he quit on his team in that game is absurd. It is what it is. I didnt apply the label, I just agreed with it. And it wasnt only the closing minute. Lebron was dogging it for the final 2+ minutes
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 12:09 PM) LeBron flops but no more than any other player. Also, the LeBron "quit on his team" narrative is ridiculously overblown. You can maybe make the case in game 5 but that game was just an absolute beat down by the Celtics, the entire Cavs team was brutal. He didn't play well but in game 6 he grabbed 19 rebounds had 10 assists and scored 27 points. He also held Paul Pierce to 13 points on 4-13 shooting. You don't put up those types of numbers, particularly the rebounds, if you have quit. I was referring specifically to game 5. And at the end of game 6 when they played the clock out with 2 1/2 minutes left, that was pretty ugly too Lebron has made his amends in my eyes. I thought he was amazing last season
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 11:44 AM) I only started following baseball in 2010 so I couldn't tell you. Why, is there flopping in baseball...? No, he is known to be a dick. As ozzie(pretty sure it was Ozzie) famously stated(not verbatim) "If you play against AJ, you hate him. If you play with AJ, you hate him a little bit less" And flopping sucks in Basketball, but it is an advantage that pretty much all elite players use. Back in MJs day he used to push off/hand swipe like nobodies business and it drove opponents insane, but it was never called so he kept right on doing it, and now the NBA calls it. Competitors look for advantages and exploit them, it is what it is
-
2012 NLDS Nationals vs Cardinals
THey may be set up for a nice run, but honestly that can not be assumed. You need to try and win the World Series whenever you can, not play it safe for future world series. There is any number of things that could happen to the Nats that could flush thier chances down the drain, including the rest of the NL East getting better around them.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 10:57 AM) I meant before the decision. If he decided to go to the Bulls no one would care. Well Bulls fans anyway. Yeah, he quit on the Cavs in the playoffs before the decision. That was pretty bad.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 10:47 AM) What made him a jackwagon? Before the decision I don't remember him being real douchey at all. He didn't label himself king lebron, the media did. I would have creamed myself if he came here and I'm sure you wouldn't have cared once the Bulls started a new dynasty Quitting on his team was pretty bad
-
Peavy hires Berry as agent
QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:55 PM) <!--quoteo(post=2714703:date=Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:42 PM:name=southsider2k5)-->QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:42 PM) <!--quotec--> Better yet, Paul Konerko stayed with the White Sox not once, but twice, for less money. This is not true. That is splitting hairs
-
2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers
aaaaaw Papa Grande no dancy last night. so sad
-
2012 Films Thread
In the realm of WTF, this is the scrapped concept work and craptacular idea for the upcoming Jurassic Park 4 movie http://io9.com/5950364/scrapped-concept-ar...n=recirculation yes. Human-Dino Hybrids.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
The guy that CM Punk decked wasnt going to do anything, but he hired a lawyer now. I was reading the tweets of the guy that did it, he is pretty proud of himself. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/10/9/347...-caused-cm-punk Either way, WWE really screwed up by not having security standing right there. edit: And Sunny got arrested again. 5th time in a month. Violating restraining order, surprise surprise
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:33 PM) So Derrick/Lu/Noah go in a hypothetical trade for Lebron/Wade/Bosh. You'd have no problem with cheering for a Chicago Heat team? So you are going to start cheering for the Miami Bulls? Sorry man, I cheer for the Bulls, even in nba hell. I'm following the name on the front
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 10:27 PM) Well I guess thats the biggest difference between how I think about the team and how others do. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them in all seriousness that I wouldn't want Lebron on my team. I don't want to win with him, I want to win because we beat him. Exactly the same way Derrick thinks too, I bet you. I want titles. The emotional attachment goes to the players that provide those titles
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 03:27 PM) Unstoppable? I wouldn't consider Noah an offensive threat and Bynum is seemingly always banged up. Plus we'd lose our 2nd most effective scorer. I wouldn't like that scenario at all. Lu isn't exactly a picture of health
-
2012 NLDS Nationals vs Cardinals
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 02:27 PM) This is exactly what Boras wanted to happen. Make his client seem even more & more valuable. If the Nationals breezed to a WS title, it could hurt Strasburg's value. When is the earliest Strasburg can try for a new contract? Doesnt he have 2-3 more years on this contract plus arbitration? Is it really in Boras/Strasburgs interest to f*** over the Nats right now? Isnt it better to show off Strasburg in the playoffs so his worth is apparent? It is more on Rizzo for allowing Boras to dictate events here(if that is indeed what is happening), but this was such a terrible plan. The Nats were way ahead in the race by June, they could have started spacing out Strasburgs starts and resting him so that he could participate in the playoffs, but they just pushed pedal to the metal until they came to a screeching halt.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 02:28 PM) Seeing him in another uniform would break my little heart. RESTRUCTURE! Backload the hell out of that contract and kick the can down the road imo. Anything to keep him here. Lu has at the very least 2 more contracts coming to him if his body cooperates. Retiring a bull doesn't factor in even if he does restructure