Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 05:50 PM) Khalil Bell = He Gone Bears asked him to take a paycut from $1.26 mil to $700k, he said no. If he fixes that fumbling problem, he looked like he could be a servicable NFL back. I expected it, I know they like Armando Allen and they also added that another back whose name is escaping me, ran a kick back last week.
  2. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:03 AM) Disagree here. He left Memphis when he knew something would be found. He stuck out the season for the chance at the title. The rumblings of Rose being ineligable were going on all season. Once it hit ground zero after the Championship game, he bolted.
  3. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:35 AM) Unless the team is supplying him the drugs, I don't know see why the whole team and other "clean" players should all be punished. They already are at a disadvantage because this "MVP" player they had is now gone and they have to replace him. Even if the team knew he was gonna get suspended for a month, it's not on them to bench him, it's on the league to get him off the roster earlier. I also agree about the salary stuff. Make it less worthwile financially for a player to juice. Let me make myself clear. I dont believe the team should lose a roster spot. But, somehow a team should be punished if a situation like this occurs and the team benefits from the play of a juiced player. how this punishment is levied, I do not know
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:40 AM) If Calipari thought they'd find anything serious he'd be in the NBA right now. you mean waiting out a season until entering the NBA draft And Calipari never worries about repercussions, come on now
  5. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball...noel-recruiting Kentucky/Calipari recruit investigated for shady recruiting practices? noooooooo waaaaaaaay
  6. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 09:54 AM) That sounds like an absolutely awful idea. I agree, but the teams do have to be a part of the solution here. If SF knew about this and sat on this since before the AS break, they got a month and a half of production from a juicer, and it most likely impacted the division race significantly. I was reading that Cabrera was pretty much responsible for destroying Arizona by himself. I actually think the minimum salary idea is a good one.
  7. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 10:00 AM) What they say... "Kenny Singleton just made a great point. This White Sox lineup is deep as hell... I remember watching their off-season moves and questioning why Kenny Williams was blowing this team up, but I got to give it to him...this team has solid starting pitching, an above average bullpen, and a lineup that is insanely pesky, deep, and productive.. " "Majority of their lineup hits for good contact, something that ours severely lacks most of the time. " "Yea, I was thinking the same thing...They will hit in situations and move the runners over and sacrifice and just play solid station to station ball and still come up with some big home runs, sort of like the early-2000's Angels. " "It's easy to strike out 14 batters when the strikezone is as wide and as high as a ****ing large car " "This umpire can suck a nut! " "Let's get the **** out of Chicago. " "Swept right out of ChiTown. Its officially on collapse watch now " "Holy ****ing **** what a strike zone. I coulda struck out at least 10 with that strike zone. " "That's about as good as you can get from Hughes. Sale was pretty untouchable. " These all could have been taken off soxtalk 4 days ago
  8. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 09:32 AM) it's impossible to dislike joe girardi Not really. I dislike him
  9. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 08:47 AM) It still was pretty weird. it was weird. I dont understand why there were fans in that area watching the interview to be honest.
  10. Girardis explosion wasnt nearly as awesome as I thought it would be
  11. This thread means nothing if Mark Billiards doesnt post
  12. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 01:55 PM) Right. For the first time Seattle is seeing how Flynn is playing and they are giving Wilson a chance. What does that say? Cassel wasnt given the job at NE, he earned. He beat out the other players and was the last player kept on the team. Im not dismissing anything. Im saying that Flynn still is unproven and should have to actually win the starting job. The numbers were merely to show how little he actually played, nothing more, nothing less. Carroll is inept
  13. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 01:36 PM) Oh come on now, Cassel didnt play because he was behind Leinart. If he had college experience Cassel would have been drafted higher than the 7th round. So it actually proves that college experience does mean something as Im pretty sure every draft evaluation down graded him for not having experience. Where he was drafted hasnt had anything to do with his ability to play, Badger. You keep throwing college numbers out there and basically dismissing Flynns senior year and 3 NFL games as not enough experience, yet Belichek threw a guy out there that hadnt started a game SINCE HIGH SCHOOL and was drafted in the 7th round. Who cares where he was drafted is what I am saying. Who cares how much college experience he has is what I am saying. These scouts look at the players production against NFL players. They didnt pull up Cassels 19 passes in college and high school heydays to see if he was able to play against an NFL defense, they looked at how he played against the Patriots defense in practice. I do think Flynn earned a starting job, and obviously Seattle did as well before Carroll went on his little insanity run.
  14. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 01:12 PM) It was Scott Pioli, I knew that someone from NE had gone to KC and sold them on Cassel. Also, Cassel started all of 2008, so 16 games in the NFL trumps anything done in college. If Flynn started all last season, this wouldnt even be a discussion. It also proves that College experience means jack s*** when evaluating NFL players
  15. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:59 PM) Since I dont really care this is my final post on the subject. There are a million things that go into rating a QB. You cant compare the career path of Cam Newton to Matt Flynn because Flynn was not a #1 draft pick, he was a 7th round pick. The reason why is because Matt Flynn wasnt that impressive in college. So now we are 7 years later and the guy has only played 3 games and it seems like people just want to hand him the job, I think that is folly. When you mention Hasselbeck or Cassel, I think it also should be mentioned that Holmgrem had coached Hasselbeck so he knew him, and I believe Haley had been on the team with Cassel. To the best of my knowledge no one on the Seattle staff was with Flynn, so they dont really have that insight into him. Bottom line, the only point I have been trying to make is that I dont think Flynn has done enough to be given a starting job. I think he needs to earn it, and part of that is giving the competition a chance to prove themselves. As I said before, Wilson could be terrible on Friday and its an easy call. But if Wilson does excellent and Flynn is bad, why wouldnt you give Wilson a shot? No, McDaniels was Cassels OC in New England. Haley never was with NE. In fact, Cassel going to KC is part of the reason the Bears ended up with Cutler. McDaniels wanted Cassell badly, and tried to move Cutler so he could get Cassel. Cassel signed in KC and Cutler blew up in McDaniels face and he wanted out.
  16. QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:45 PM) Can't wait for him to blame tainted meat, or donuts, or something I would just blame melky cabreras supplement company
  17. QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:23 PM) 3 years 19.5 million for a starting QB really isn't that expensive. While I'm sure the Seahawks wished they could have acquired a sure thing at QB with years of NFL starting experience that showed they would be great, those players aren't that easy to come by. But Flynn's 3 games for GB weren't meaningless, and he kicked ass. It doesn't mean he will be a guaranteed probowler, but it is a lot more info to go off of than projecting college play to the NFL. Russel Wilson might end up being really good, but even if he is, they'll just have a really cheap starting QB and a fairly expensive backup (similar to the titans). As far as planning, I think signing Flynn and hoping for the best with Wilson is better than just drafting wilson and hoping for the best. But oh what a great irony it would be if wilson kicked ass for a few games as a backup and rode his way to Starting QB territory. He did get 10 million guaranteed which is pretty good, and the contract could reach 26 million if he meets incentives http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a...ar-26m-contract
  18. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:51 AM) Right, Im going to give a player 3 years 26mil and I am only going to look at 3 NFL games before doing it. That would be terrible due diligence. If I am a NFL team, I would look at every single piece of game film I could find, including High School or lower if possible. For Matt Flynn that is 16 games, or approximately 48 hours. If you cant put 48 hours into scouting your next NFL QB, you deserve to fail. Its not about college stats, I dont understand why you cant grasp this. Its about how many minutes of actual football Matt Flynn has played and what he has done in games that actually mattered. I mean what is your argument even? My argument is that Matt Flynn has not done enough to be handed a starting QB job and should have to earn it. I guess you are arguing that Matt Flynn should be handed a starting job, based on 3 NFL games? I really just dont know. My argument right now is that Seattle did enough due diligence to hand him starter money, and he should start. You are acting as if they DIDNT look at any other piece of info available and just handed him the contract. They obviously felt he was capable, Russell Wilson or not.
  19. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:21 AM) Right, he just wants to pretend that they didnt play 2x as many college games as Flynn. Im saying you cant look at it in a vacuum and pretend that the NCAA games didnt occur. Basically every starting QB I can think of started at least 2 years (in NCAA or NFL) before being given a starting position, can anyone think of a guy who didnt? Even Brady started at Michigan 2 years. Matt Cassel. 0 college games started
  20. what does Adam LaRoche have to do with this
  21. Consider the source, I posted it just because, but I don't believe it
  22. @MrFantasyExpert: SOURCE: The #Packers are putting together a package around Randall Cobb and late pick/s to acquire #Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew. Trolling the internets again?
  23. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:52 PM) Kyle, I dont think Seattle planned on drafting Wilson. But he fell to them and they took a chance. If the guy was a few inches taller, he was easily a 1st round pick. He had the highest qb rating in NCAA history playing for a running team. I guess the question is: Would you rather have a team who puts out the guy they think is the best? Or the guy with the biggest salary? I dont know that we have seen enough of either to make that determination. I know Russell Wilson is your guy, but Gould is right, you can throw college numbers up all day long and at the end of the day it is still college. The NFL makes mincemeat out of college superstars that started all four seasons. And guys that get one season as a senior to start and put up decent numbers go on to NFL greatness despite being drafted late, like Tom Brady. The only way to determine it is by watching them play. And at the end of the day, it is like the 359th different QB that Carroll has started in 3 seasons
  24. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 03:35 PM) Im not sure what you are getting at, the point of the stats were how much more experience Wilson has than Flynn. Flynn has never put up great stats. You may think College stats are useless, but you have to use something. Even stranger is you seemingly reached the same conclusion, that to much hype was given to a small sample size. Odd All I was talking about was his performance backing up Rodgers, in which he put up pretty good numbers. Of course it is a small sample size, and it may very well be the Green Bay offensive machine that he was operating in, but he did well. his career numbers, no matter how small, arent bad and they got him his contract in Seattle. Not unlike Matt Hasselbeck. And like i said, my comment had nothing to do with whether Russell Wilson is the right choice or not. The amount of turnover in Seattle since Carroll took over is beyond ridiculous. And you can no longer blame it on him cleaning house from the previous regime, he just continuously changes his personnel.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.