Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Wild Card Round Discussion
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
Good lord I thought he fisted that into the outfield
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 02:12 PM) Please don't pitch Matt Thornton tonight
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
And Gordon with an immediate FAIL
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
No strikeout and moved the runner, that's a win
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 08:11 PM) BTW, Trout is 0-9 so far vs the Tigers in this series If he were a member of the sox there would be a thread stating he is overmatched and was called up too soon
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
3 errors by Detroit already
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:47 PM) ...Oline was atrocious and everything filtered down from that. They couldn't run block to save their lives, and if the run game isn't going then the passing game suffers. I'm really concerned that our terrible Oline is going to hold the rest of the team back. But eventually I'm sure they'll manage to be serviceable, last year they managed to right the ship somewhat. Left tackle is really scary right now. I almost want this James Brown kid to steal it from Webb and Williams
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:51 PM) 2 votes to your 1...shoulder soreness it is Sometimes the majority sucks
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:46 PM) Why was Viciedo pulled? Shoulder stiffness
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 06:13 PM) true but the pass to Bennett came after NY took their starters out, so I don't count it. He put that drive together against 2nd stringers. It is what it is. I wasn't particularly pleased with the offense aside from Marshall.
-
Robots Achieve Sentience
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:47 PM) I will volunteer to ingest and consume his share of drugs and booze when we go out with Playboy Bunnies for nights on the town. get in line, pal
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 05:08 PM) Really? Really? He looked terrible to me. We've seen him play great before even despite his line falling apart. But he was not anywhere near great or even good yesterday. He was throwing it too high a bunch of times. The whole team looked like they had just smoked a bunch of crystal meth before they took the field honestly. Maybe they got psyched out by playing on the road in the meadowlands The touchdown drive brought his play level from "bad" to "ok" for me. Plus, Bennett dropped a perfect touchdown pass that would have given him two.
-
8/25 Mariners at White Sox
QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:38 PM) Indeed. I blame this on the 9th inning last night. Not sure how to modify it. Dont worry Doc Brown, I got it
-
Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Nick Punto to LAD
QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 03:46 PM) It sucks, but they still got who they got. A-Gon is going to be crazy productive in the NL I'm sure. Crawford isn't a terrible player, just overpaid and has had that injury bug since he got paid. I don't know what to think about Beckett, but he should probably at least hold down his spot in the rotation. They are in salary hell for sure, but the players they got are apt to produce. I have to think that it is better to pay handsomely in dollars for players that will produce than to give away a ton of talent or dollars and get nothing. Not the worst trade ever, I don't think. Talk about going all-in, though... Crawford had TJ surgery two days ago. So they are on the hook for a player that will not even contribute this season. Beckett and Punto have seen their best days a long time ago, they will contribute but it wont be anything spectacular.
-
White Sox winner?
QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 01:25 PM) After a nights sleep on it, I'm excited. Hell of a comeback that proves this team has fight. Let's face it, if the exact same thing happened to the Tigers, a lot of people here would be fellating them declaring this is when the run starts and crowing them champs. I would have thought sweeping the team with the best record in the league after getting swept by the Royals would have proved that
-
Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Nick Punto to LAD
@dylanohernandez: The #Dodgers trade with the #Red Sox is official.
-
Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Nick Punto to LAD
QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 12:20 PM) I believe it was Heyman that reported Crawford only has 3 teams on his no trade list.....and one of them is the Dodgers. However, I have a hard time seeing Crawford volunteering to stay in Boston at this point. Heyman also reported Crawford already verbally agreed, just needs to sign the paperwork. Well, Boston certainly kept that racist profile while Crawford was a member. they have tried to dispel that for years, but it keeps popping up
-
Bowden/Law/Olney rank Sox 21st in Future Power Ratings
QUOTE (Marty34 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 12:11 PM) A case can be made that Soxtalk by and large has a thin skin. You have made this point multiple times, now stop.
-
Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Nick Punto to LAD
The only thing I am seeing holding up this deal right now is Carl Crawford waiving his NTC. Seeing how he has never been a favorite in Boston, and he hasnt really had a good experience in Boston, I dont really think it should be long.
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 10:51 AM) Mark Grace to take a leave of absence after his second recent DUI Why doesnt that guy ever have his women drive for him. Come on now
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Cutler looked ok. he definitely was jittery in the pocket, he probably had some thoughts about getting planted in that turf when he visited previously. The touchdown drive to Marshall was pretty good. Marshall is a goddamn beast. I think Harvey Unga sealed his fate and guaranteed that the Bears will probably not have a FB on the roster when he whiffed on his man during the punt block. Nick Roach is not good enough to fill in for Urlacher. I pray that Brian will play this season, because if he doesnt we are in some trouble. Tillman got jobbed on a few calls, but generally had a really bad game. I expect him to play better though, he is a smart player. Peppers, holy s*** was that run stuff/almost safety crazy. McClellin was a complete nonfactor. I barely saw him.
-
Robots Achieve Sentience
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 10:21 AM) I get that...here's the counter point. Rangers are spending $120 million this year. Right now, assuming they pick up Feldman's option, they're close to...$120 million for next year with the arb guys...and that's with no Hamilton or Napoli. They're going to have to add a ton of salary to keep those guys. For whatever reason they keep coming up with the cash. I didnt think it was possible before they ran out and grabbed Yu Darvish, but it seems like that ownership group is intent on spending with the big boys Wherever Hamilton goes, if he goes to a big city he is probably going to hire a service like Aerosmith did to keep him away from the drugs
-
Robots Achieve Sentience
I think Hamilton will stay in Texas. That guy has to know any big city high pressure situation is the worst thing for his addiction issues. If his handlers and family and agent dont recognize this, then I believe it will be a swift and dramatic fall.
-
Robots Achieve Sentience
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 10:10 AM) (Boston has a ton of arbitration eligible guys who they're likely to pick up though, so those numbers don't reflect how much they actually have to spend. Ellsbury is even an Arb-3 guy next year, so that's >$12 million even if they don't extend him.) My quote was more pointing out the ridiculous about of money that LA is picking up as well as the money they have already picked up. 300+ million? In 2 months?
-
Robots Achieve Sentience
per www.mlbtraderumors.com