Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:11 AM) I wasn't following the game thread, and I was only able to sit down and watch the game after Gavin was pulled. Was there any talk that he was hurting? Or was it a Gavin Floyd couldn't man-up moment? From what I saw he looked terrible. Well Jake said he was hurt in the gamethread. But Robin said in postgame that he just didnt have it. So I will believe Robin
  2. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:46 AM) Had to go see the Odd Life of Timothy Hutton or whatever it's called. Did not like it on many levels. One star out of four.
  3. Baseball is such a weird game. The Yankees lost a game to the Sox and in the standings last night to the Tampa Bay Rays, and who do the Rays beat to gain that game? The Royals.
  4. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:25 PM) It's what happens when you use up all of your pitchers in the 5th and 6th. He can't put Robertson in because he has no idea how long this game might go. He can put in Wise oh wait.....
  5. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:09 PM) This is what happens when you play the Yankees. They're patient and take walks. I wish we played like this. It's what scores you runs. It's not just that. They take forever in everything they do, pitching changes, time between pitches, meetings at the mound. The time at the plate is just a part of it
  6. Rumor floating around the internets that Agent Coulson will turn into Vision. I had no idea who that was, but I looked him up and if it happens, it makes sense why the are writing in Ant Man
  7. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:11 PM) Took my family to see the film as well this Saturday. As a lifelong fan of stop-motion animation I can tell you that I thought it was really quite good. My son is a casual acquaintance (friend of a friend) of Tucker Albrizzi, the kid who provided the voice for Neil the fat friend. So it was an added bonus to see him enjoy his semi-brush with fame. There was some surprisingly adult themed content. Lynching, murder, bullying, homosexuality(didn't see that coming lol) The dream sequence/faceoff at the end was pretty intense
  8. QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 12:29 PM) Shouldn't matter. Whatever is the best way to score points is the way you should utilize your personnel. Sure. But me and you dont have to deal with egos and paychecks.
  9. QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:18 AM) I thought if someone just committed him to being a goal line package QB it seemed a worthy goal to try out. I still think that could work. But nobody is willing to specialize the QB position (and if i were a starting QB i'd be pissed because my incentives would be cut.) Not only starting QB, but also running backs. It would piss off a lot of people, really. You are basically asking the offense to shoulder the load of going the length of the field only to hand off to a quarterback that cannot throw because he is famous and fast.
  10. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 11:07 AM) Thats what I thought the Jets would do, I thought he could create a nice niche for himself in the league by converting to a RB role. But apparently they're letting him throw the ball for some reason...I have no idea what the Jets are doing over there. I dont think they know what they are doing either. And if it plays out like it looks like it will, there are gonna be some pissed off fans this fall/winter in NY
  11. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    ParaNorman was excellent, btw. I really enjoyed it and so did my daughter
  12. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 10:15 AM) He's got the strangest throwing motion....all he throws are wounded ducks, pretty much. either he will reinvent himself as an H back or he will be in Arena league or CFL. NFL defenses are too good for the gimmick offenses that have to be designed to allow him to succeed
  13. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 01:07 AM) You're all wrong. Sorry. The answer was best movie of all time. Tony Danza, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Danny Glover, Tony Danza, Matthew McConaughey, Adrien Brody, Christopher Lloyd, Dermot Mulroney, Tony Danza listing Tony Danza 3 times doesnt make it better
  14. It is sickening. All of it. I will never remove Paterno from blame.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:24 AM) And let's say that after Joe Paterno was informed of this in 1998 he decided he was going to make sure it stopped and that no more kids were harmed. Who's going to overpower Joe Paterno trying to do the right thing? If he decides he wants to protect the children, however high up it goes, who would be able to say no/tell him to shut up? If he wanted it investigated the local police would have charges filed in, what, a few weeks? Im not going to argue hypothetic scenarios with you, or HH. Its a waste of time
  16. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 08:16 AM) Right, but that's not the situation. Suppose you found out that a very powerful and influential person had been doing this to other people's kids, and that powerful and influential person threatened to kill your kids if you squealed. That's the situation Paterno may or may not have been facing (though I think not). Suppose? Come on now, you are throwing out a possible scenario that will most likely never be proven. Suppose Paterno was the head of the monster and was orchestrating this ring? You dont know any of that, either way. What we do know, is that Paterno did not protect children that he knew were being abused. This is fact.
  17. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 07:48 AM) I don't know if you have kids Kyle, but if my family's lives are being threatened, then I probably keep my mouth shut no matter how much evil is going on, though I'm probably going to be constantly sick about it and full of guilt. Still, as of now I'm not convinced that Paterno knew all of that. I do believe that Curley and Schultz probably knew more and that's why the cover-up centers around them. I have a 12 year old daughter and 2 year old son, and if I found out this happened to them and it was covered up for a football program to play on, I would be in jail right now.
  18. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 04:57 AM) You know, the more i read about this f***ing mess the more I think we all f***ed up blaming Paterno right off the bat. This thing was higher than him, he was boxed out. Missing DA's, sex rings, multi-millionaires whoring out victims... even when Paterno got wind of what Sandusky was up to who the hell would say anything? Want to wind up dead? This geezer didn't run Happy Valley the way we all thought he did back in November. He was a pawn in a big game. If he rats a lot of powerful people go down and he knew it, and now he gets to take all the derision and hatred when we should be trying to look at the broader picture. For a long time now he was set up to be the fall man, the old guy who's time was coming, who had the most at stake and all the people committing these acts knew they could count on him to keep his mouth shut once they posed enough threats. Sandusky was the tip of the iceberg and there's a whole lot more underneath. Paterno happend to be the Titanic. f*** THIS. He had a duty to protect children. He did not. The end. Everyone involved in every level can burn in hell.
  19. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 10:47 PM) Angels in the Outfield... Best baseball movie of all time? OR Best movie of all time? No
  20. Tebows best throw of the day http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-...w-bad-throw.gif
  21. QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:30 AM) I think this is overblown. In Cutler's last 5 games last year, they went 5-0, averaged a bunch of points per game and the OL only gave up 5 sacks total. Now, they go one preseason game against Denver, have a bad game and everyone says they suck. Seems unfair to me. Yeah, and in the 5 prior games they were on pace to give up an insane amount of sacks. I think people are waiting to see which offensive line rears it's head.
  22. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 03:29 PM) CY Chen needs smoked. Sentence needs clarity
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 03:31 PM) The real worry IMO is attitude. They're already complaining about his attitude a lot. Now he's gotten rewarded without having to fix that. You would think they would have learned their lesson with Zambrano.
  24. You would think a Canadian wouldnt have the problem of not having a passport
  25. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 09:21 AM) That's too bad. Usually pitchers who throw perfect games aren't the same after each start for a while. You know, in this case I am willing to accept that the Sox will not face King Felix.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.