Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:06 AM) D2 is a pimp. Also, how about trying to sign B-Mac for the 2013 rotation? (I still think the rotation will be Sale-Peavy-Liriano-RH-Q/Danks) He is too frequently injured
  2. QUOTE (Carter224 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:01 PM) If anyone watched Smackdown tonight, my brother was one of the security guys who beat up on Sheamus So TNA didnt work out, huh? Does he travel with WWE, or only when they are in the area is he called?
  3. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 11:38 PM) It had to go higher than just Sandusky. A Pennsylvania District Attorney disappeared over this. (Ray Gricar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar ) I saw that "Haunting Evidence" show about Gricar's disappearance sometime before the Sandusky story broke, and I remember they were referencing that he was on to something pretty big, but they didnt know what.
  4. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:06 PM) Nothing makes Gordon look worse than batting right before De Aza. You go, boy. Lol. Right
  5. Floyd isn't gonna like that run, he needs to give that back
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 07:14 PM) That run's on the umpire. They weren't that close, and the next time Floyd wants to pay attention to a runner on third will be the first time
  7. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 06:07 PM) I've never seen someone get a concussion before without having been knocked out. You see it in the NFL all the time
  8. It would be kind of funny if that article was followed by "Why the Texans will suck this season", only because of SOXOBAMAs picks
  9. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:37 PM) Why does it have to be De Aza's fault? I'm not suggesting moving him to 9th to punish him, I'm suggesting it to help the overall offense of the team. What if De Aza is as good a 9th hitter as he's been a leadoff hitter this year? We won't know until we try. You are punishing De Aza and the team by moving him from the leadoff. He sees a lot of pitches, gets on base, he even drives in a lot of runs. Beckham does none of this. Sorry, it is a terrible idea to move De Aza to ninth in order to spark a terrible hitter just because you hope it might work. Im glad Robin wont try, because I dont want to know.
  10. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:32 PM) I know it would be nice if he suddenly figured it all out himself, but it just doesn't seem to be working... And that isnt De Aza's fault. So, until he figures it out, enjoy the 9th spot
  11. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:23 PM) But he's hitting much better when he's at the top of the order vs the bottom. Even in that game, didn't he line out? He hit the ball hard, its not like he grounded out or popped out or anything ,which is practically all he does in the 9 spot. Why do we have to move everyone else around because Beckham cant get it done? Why would you mess with how good De Aza has been at the leadoff just because you hope that Beckham might get better? Beckham has shown small flashes of good offense, De Aza has done it the entire year, and Youkilis has done it pretty much his entire career. Sorry, but Beckham needs to figure that s*** out himself. He is hitting 9th because he hasnt been a good hitter all season. he was at best decent hitting in the 2 hole before Youkilis showed up. But even then, he got out of the gate absolutely brutal again.
  12. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:16 PM) Why not try De Aza at 9th and Beckham leading off for one game...lol I mean we have to do something to get Beckham going, and sticking him at 9th much longer will see his BA reach Adam Dunn levels They did. Against Chen. Beckham has to get himself going, bottom line. You cant move everyone else around to light a fire under a guy hitting close to the mendoza line.
  13. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 01:21 PM) Do Howard or Bynum have a mid range game like Boozer? (no I'm not saying Boozers better than either of them before someone thinks im that stupid) What happens if we trade Noah and Howard/Bynum don't resign? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  14. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:41 PM) I'm not sure of that. Last year with Tampa he hit .119 and had an OPS of .389. 2010 he hit .198. 2008 he hit .192. meh, I have been watching Flowers all season. It really seems all the same once you get to where he is. At least Johnson has been scalding the ball in AAA. Flowers hasnt been hitting anything all season save 2 games
  15. I dont see what the big deal is giving the ABs to Johnson if he were called up. I think he can manage Flowers .170 BA
  16. QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 11:38 AM) Ugh, but we aren't bad enough! We're going to be a 7-8 seed, which is AWFUL. I would rather not make the playoffs. 7-8 seed is draft pick hell
  17. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:48 AM) Not really. I have no problem what they did the past few years and even in the Hinrich/Ben Gordon era I didn't have any major issues. I understood why things didn't work out. In this case, I have a problem because there is a legitimate gripe. A lot of the other scenarios are just people whining because they were living in a delusional world and/or completely unrealistic. Should I pout because the White Sox didn't sign Pujols last year, or because they didn't trade for Greinke and/or every other top notch player ever. No, I won't. But when they were completely inactive on the Howard front, including being a team faciliating the deal, then I have a problem. 2 excellent players were out there which actually filled a need (the prior complaining was irrelevant to me because OJ Mayo wasn't putting the Bulls over the top and no other guy that was really that great that filled a major need was moved) and the Bulls sat on there collective asses (not making an all out effort). If you make an all-out effort and fail, fine, but make the freaking effort. No, OJ Mayo wasnt putting them over the top, but he was a really nice player to have on the team. At no point have I demanded the Bulls trade for a top 5 player, but as you say the Bulls have sat on their asses doing nothing, this isnt delusional this is reality. And the reality will be harsh this season.
  18. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 10:38 AM) Great deal for Philly. I can't believe the BUlls never got involved. I don't give a s*** if Dwight whined and didn't want to play in Chicago. Go after him, make a move. Or at least get in the deal. Bynum is a stud center in his own right. Pathetic. Kyle, etc. Now that this has went down, I can point to a time where I think the Bulls sat around and didn't do what they needed to. Difference between the Bulls and Lakers is the last name of the owner (Buss). You can point to the last 14 years Jason, you just wont.
  19. QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
  20. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 09:09 AM) Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake, baseball? I'm in. Im sure they had you at "Timberlake"
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:36 AM) Really wish we were the sixers in this trade. Trade deng as iggy, get bynum ( I know it's not that simple, but basic principle), and trust that with the extra 5th year you can offer, you have a top3 PG and top3 C on your team. Now that I see how the trade ended up I'm really f***ing pissed. See, this is why I have been so pissy this offseason. s*** like this keeps happening and all we have is "well, it didnt work out" Make it work out. Kupchak just said "Give me Dwight" and 3 other teams said "OK". And Kupchak didnt give a s*** that he was giving up a young and pretty good center. And he didnt care about the money, or the possibility that Dwight wont re-sign. He just did it anyway.
  22. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 07:51 AM) I actually don't think Foster is as crucial as the other two. Ben Tate is arguably just as good if not better And even then, Ben Tate broke his ankle in 2010, lol. Health is a big issue for the Texans.
  23. that picture makes me want to cheer the athletics. not cool
  24. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 09:57 PM) I know it is pre-season but dam Denver marching up and down the field with 3 different QB's. They were marching against 2nd and 3rd stringers. It was ugly, but who cares. You arent going to see half of those players ever again
  25. Yup. Going and getting it. To hell with contract or tax

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.