Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2012 -> 07:44 PM) Well I should clarify then. YOu don't have to believe in God to be a good, moral person. I'm just pointing out instances to be devil's advocate like about my friend the doctor who gives 100 bills to the homeless a few times a month and adopted 3 kids from poor countries, etc. I pointed out he drops the word "God" every four sentences or so and wanted your opinions on that. You can still be a good person and not a believer in God and the afterlife. To those of you who have kids, though and do not believe: Are you not saddened at the fact your belief system indicates that you will never see loved ones again once you pass away? In heaven? What is the purpose for to have a great family then if you never get to see them following death? I do not know your friend, not do I presume to judge him because of a few things you happen to mention that he does. The fact that he drops the word "God" every other sentence is really irrelevant. There have been many people throughout history that have done many terrible things in the name of God and using that name frequently. It is just a word.
  2. Lots of line drives off Peavy tonite
  3. Adam Dunn hits baseballs very hard
  4. QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:15 PM) Right, 2 years from now. Will be only in mid 20's. Yea, but how long has he been out of the game? Sadly I don't think we will ever see what this guy can do save for one small window we had a few years back.
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 04:31 PM) Hey seriously, go f*** yourself. I would be hard-pressed to find anyone more devoted to their wife than I, and I don't need some bulls*** deity to tell me not to cheat on her. I know this forum is about having thick skin but let's stop this form of personal attack right now.
  6. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2012 -> 04:22 PM) And that's one reason the newspapers are all dying and nobody watches TV news. You know how many Catholics there are on the South Side of Chicago? You know how many religious people want to hear about religion? And the news media treats us all like we are lepers. The news media cannot discuss religion. I'm shocked WGN still airs the midnight mass on Xmas Eve. Lol, digital media is killing the newspapers, not the lack of religious coverage.
  7. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:18 PM) Perhaps it's both extremes, but I tend to feel that religious people get attacked much more as being morons that haven't accepted we live in a modern world full of the almighty science. I was raised Catholic, confirmed. I dont practice, but I understand the process. I believe in a god much like you do, I am not agnostic or atheistic. I have never been criticized for believing in a god by any person who doesnt believe in one, nor have I seen it. But I have been criticized many times by practitioners of different christian faiths many many times.
  8. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:04 PM) I just don't get why people who are not religious have to be so vehement about it, to the point of almost being angry. If someone wants to believe, let them believe. It's like you think that if anyone is talking to you about their beliefs they're preaching to you and you have to be all strong and defiant about not believing it, otherwise you'll be viewed as weak-minded. Wow, I think it is the complete opposite.
  9. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:11 PM) I'm unsure that this is true. I know a lot thought it was out of nowhere, but dude had acting chops. hmm. Im not the biggest fan of Costner and Lane, but I would say they both have these chops that you speak of. But of course they dont have "10 things I hate about you" and "A Knights Tale" as their shining stars
  10. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:32 PM) Why is that yuck? Good luck finding a guy that wants to play a half or 3/4 of a season and then be stuck on the bench 40-42 minutes a game. Kirk would probably welcome the move back for the mid level exception. And he's not terrible, he can run the offense and play some defense. He's certainly no worse than Watson and probably better since Watson can't shoot or keep the ball in bounds these days. Kirk is what he is. I wasn't terribly sad to see him go, I certainly won't miss watching his dribble penetration and circle underneath the backboard move that accomplishes nothing 50 times a game. And Lucas blows, I'm done with that guy. Jannero Pargo part 2.
  11. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:15 PM) Any update on Taj's ankle and/or if he is going to get suspended (which would be a travesty). He was quoted this morning saying he is playing, he knows his body and will be ready to play. I havent heard anything about a suspension
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:47 AM) And that movie has now become irrelevant to me. LOL, you know they will be in it for like 15 minutes. Just remember, when Nolan picked Heath Ledger for the Joker we all laughed very hard
  13. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2012 -> 10:52 PM) The Carlos Beltran signing is looking like by far the best of the off-season. lets see if he can stay healthy. It wouldnt be the first time Beltran started off on fire only to land on the DL
  14. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:40 AM) I hope they don't do a lot of back story in the new Superman movie. I think everyone knows how Superman happened. He has only been around since 1938. There is. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner are playing Mr and Mrs Kent. So, you will learn again how it all happened
  15. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:27 AM) Those Nolan/Batman movies are coming to an end. That Superman movie coming out next year better be good. Yep. I have read some good things about the upcoming Superman though. Lots of rumors about a secondary villain to Zod/Ursa/Non that is not named Lex Luthor. Some speculation it is brainiac, which would be very cool. Any way about it, im glad Luthor is supposedly out of the picture and they are moving on to some of his other villains
  16. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:26 AM) Keep Lucas and bring Kirk back next year. double yuck
  17. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:01 AM) DC needs to stop messing around The end. Marvel has lapped them. If DC didnt do the one thing right and bring in Nolan for reviving Batman, they would be in some deep s*** right now
  18. Heymans promo was gold
  19. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2012 -> 09:21 AM) Because Ventura and perhaps Cooper or Herm Schneider convinced Chris it was the best thing for his future, even if it wasn't what he wanted. So he was supposed to say what, that he refused to go to the pen and was going to file a grievance with the player's union? Lol I'm sure he would file a grievance with the players union because he was told to go to the bullpen.
  20. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:55 AM) If none of the news came out and Sale remained in the rotation and hurt himself, the posters who now think its no big deal to keep him in the rotation and if he blows out his elbow its no big deal, would be up in arms. The Sox are trying to prevent Sale's elbow from being operated on. Smoltz got moved to the closer role because they thought it wouldn't tax his elbow as much. In relief he doesn't have to throw 4 pitches. That also saves his elbow. Yes, but the situation wasnt preventative, it was reactionary, post surgery. So how is that proving anything with Sale? It doesnt. If their design is to save the innings on his arm, it is strange but whatever. But Smoltz isnt some sort of evidence that it is a proven strategy
  21. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:33 AM) John Smoltz. Its not curious at all. The White Sox want Sale to be a starter, but more importantly, they want him to pitch for them. They have the information, despite what some think, this isn't Ventura, or Cooper or even KW, just coming up with the idea. I'm sure there were plenty of meetings. He's an important part of the team moving forward. I rip the Sox as much as anyone. But sometimes ripping things make no sense considering they have ALL the information and we really have NONE. No. He had tommy john in 2000, and went to relief afterwards. His arm wasnt saved by going to relief, they chose to make him a reliever after his arm was damaged. Plus, in 2008 they moved him back to relief, and shortly after his shoulder blew up. Not the same situation at all.
  22. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 07:58 AM) Yes, one could describe it as gutty and playing hurt when he should have been out for 3 weeks. Im done giving him the hurt arm reasoning/excuse. CJ has had plenty of pretty good games since he hurt his elbow, he has totally collapsed in the playoffs.
  23. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:22 AM) Its pretty obvious that despite the White Sox having better access to all the information regarding Sale, Soxtalk posters have a much better handle of what is really going on, and a much better plan going forward. The Sox are just idiots. No wonder there is zero chance this team competes for years. DA even you have to admit that this move was curious at best. When has a team ever moved a pitcher from starter to relief(closer, no less) as a result of a tender elbow? And when has that moved worked for the better? It just doesnt make sense, I dont see how one role is better than the other. One is stress on the arm for a long period of time(6-8 innings), the other is high stress on the arm in short doses, more frequently. I just dont see how that is expected to cure this tender elbow.
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 08:01 AM) Only 33? Is that a Hawkism from the 80s? nah, that was a hawkism coming from myself
  25. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 07:45 AM) If Fukudome wanted to earn a starting job, he shouldn't have stunk with the Indians last year, and he should have been ready to really step up and contribute in the shots he's gotten this year rather than hitting .176 out of the gate. [southern accent]Balta, that is the hardest .176 batting average I have seen in my 33 years of baseball [/hawkism]

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.