Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:10 PM) Not gonna matter. Witchita State is gonna win Arch Madness anyway. Come on Brian, how many times did SIU, UNI, Creighton, WSU go into arch madness as the heavy favorite only to lose? Anything is possible. Except SIU winning it all
-
Sox spring training Catch All thread
Herm looks fantastic. It is really good to see he finally took his health seriously and made that change.
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
Elijah Dukes strikes again!
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:44 AM) Again, stop it. I've never once said that the Heat were a lock to win the title. I said before the season they were the best team in the east and I feel even more confident in that assertion now that we have a little more than half a season of data to work with. I never said the Thunder were the best team or that they couldn't be stopped. I said they were more complete, as in they don't have a clear discernible weakness (i.e. a scrub like Joel Anthony starting). Nothing unreasonable so far. Yawnnnn@the Knicks. I've long admitted that I was wrong there. Are you seriously still yappin' about last year? Pull up last year's NBA thread and give me the list of posters who picked Dallas. Then find the part of the thread where the Heat were up 15 in the 4th quarter in game 2. All im saying, is your way of speaking in absolutes catches you EVERY time.
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:42 AM) So, looks like MVC sends 2 teams to the NCAA Tourney this year. Probably anywhere from 1 to 3 of them to NIT, including maybe Drake, who you don't often see in the post-season. Well, at least SIU isn't the worst team in the conference. Which is amazing considering all the new lows they have hit this year. Bradley is in quite a tailspin, no doubt. Jim Les had some big problems toward the end
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:36 AM) Im gonna go with J4L in this one....IMO the heat are better than the bulls doesn't mean bulls can't beat the heat though, but right now if bulls fans could magically swap the teams jerseys (without any emotion/nostalgia/geography attached) i suspect most would objectively take the heat edit: and you can't take 1 game snippets as proof of any 1 team being better or about as good as another. In that case the nets would have been better than the bulls and 20 pts better than the knicks recently. I dont disagree that the Heat are better than the Bulls. I disagree wholeheartedly that the Bulls have no shot at beating the Heat
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:30 AM) For all of you MVC fans... It appears likely there will be 5 teams finish with a 9-9 league record, creating a logjam for positions 3-7 in the standings. Has anyone attempted to figure out how that mess will be sorted out in terms of seeding for the tournament? FWIW I pulled this off the salukitalk website W L W L Wichita St. 15-2(MVC) 24-4(overall) Creighton 13-4(MVC) 24-5(overall) Drake 9-8(MVC) 16-13(overall) Missouri St. 9-8(MVC) 16-14(overall) Northern Iowa 8-9(MVC)18-12(overall) Illinois St. 8-9(MVC) 17-12(overall) Indiana St. 8-9(MVC) 17-12(overall) Evansville 8-9(MVC) 14-14(overall) SIU 5-12(MVC) 8-21(overall) Bradley 2-15(MVC) 7-23(overall) I believe H2H is how it shakes out right now
-
2012 Video Game Thread
Bautista farts >>>>>, Konerko gets >>>>> boners. Such is life. For the 1 other Wii owner on this thread, Nintendo finally announced they are bringing The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles to the US.
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
oh hey Saluki fans. Lowery just set another record, worst season(loss-wise) in SIU history. HISTORY.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:20 AM) There is no debate. On offense, the Heat lead the league in PPG, FG%, 3PT%. On defense, they rank 5th in FG% and third in turnovers forced. They also lead the league in SRS (simple rating system), which measures point differential with strength of schedule. Stop with that regular season game. The Bulls were 3-0 against the Heat last year. You can play the injury card a little. I don't want to hear anything about rip. He's played in 67, 46, and 55 games the last three years. So him playing in, like, 10 games this year is no surprise at all. The Bulls are the same team they were last year. That's not a bad thing. It's just that the Heat are better and deeper than they were last year. Stop it with your "Stop it"s. You dont want to hear anything that in any way disagrees with how you see the NBA unfolding. You said the Heat would win last year, Dallas had no shot, a 1 superstar team will never win, knicks will be the 2nd best in the east. You also just in the past two weeks opined on how nobody can stop the heat, and then how nobody can stop the Thunder. So if these two unmovable forces(per J4L) meet in a game, who shall win? I dont think either will. Stop it
-
Sportsbook sets Sox win total at 76.5
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 10:51 AM) The Sox will win exactly 76.5 games. +1
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 08:55 AM) Moral wins in January mean nothing in the grand scheme. The Heat are just better. They're much more efficient offensively and every bit as good defensively. Your posts in absolute are why we continue to bring up the Knicks.
-
2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 04:21 PM) 1.) In the games I watched that Peavy pitched, he does not want to come out of games. Robin better just send Coop out there to deal with the situation. The way Coop allegedly crawled to Kenny last year to save his own hide makes me wonder if Coop has the guts. 2.) I have nothing against Robin. Why is it so hard to accept that I am going to prolly respond to posts that call Ozzie out?? You are the guys bringing up Ozzie. If I respond to such posts what makes that so hard to understand? 3.) Amen. It should be interesting to see how the fans on here react whenever we lose, because I guarantee you, if it's a 1-3 run loss, there will be tons of things to pin on Robin. 1) So, Ozzie demands a contract extension through the media, and then goes over Kennys head to Reinsdorf to discuss a contract extension and this is ok, but Cooper sees the ship around him sinking and does the same thing, without saying a word of it to the media, and Cooper is the gutless one here? 2) Why did you appoint yourself the Great(allegedly) Ozzie defender? Being the Man-God that you have told us all he is, he is more than capable of defending himself against us lowly messageboard "haters" 3). You are absolutely right. Robin will make mistakes, soxtalk will call them out and b**** about them. What soxtalk and the majority of the fanbase wants, is Robin to learn from those mistakes and attempt to correct them, not repeat them over and over. And especially not repeat them over and over to spite his GM.
-
2011-2012 NHL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 07:46 AM) ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo Elias Says: Jaromir Jagr scored the 16th regular-season overtime goal of his career, which is the most in NHL history How many were scored post-magnificent mullet?
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 02:24 PM) No. I post nothing but greatness. The Decision forever changed this
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 01:47 PM) Who the f*** is gwill and why am I supposed to care? Calm down now, its just a article in chicagonow. You should be able to relate to posting bulls*** in the Nba thread.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Jeremy Lin is a better role model than Derrick Rose and it isnt even close SMH This linsanity NEVER ENDS
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 21, 2012 -> 08:02 AM) I didn't watch that game of course, but the real question I have in terms of the development of that team was what kind of Shots was Melo getting? If Lin is being an effective PG, then that ought to be disrupting the defense enough that he has his choice of an open shot for Melo or an open shot for Amare (with an occasional role-player shot thrown in). I wanted to watch that game last night, i was pissed NBAtv wasnt carrying it. I just dont know how Melo is going to fit in an offense designed to run run run and shoot shoot shoot. Everything in Melos game is deliberate, isolation.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Every time I see Seamus do his brogue kick, I see Sid Vicious breaking his leg against Scott Steiner Triple H vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania. CAN. YOU. BELIEVE. IT!?!?
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Greg Oden's body just wasn't made to take punishment espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7595246/surgery-greg-oden-portland-trail-blazers-turned-third-microfracture
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 03:06 PM) You guys are crazy. Watson has been a fantastic backup. He's no rose, but he consistently maintains or builds upon a lead. I didn't say I don't like Watson, I do. I'm just saying if he was traded away I would be comfortable with James as the primary backup, that's all. Anything but Lucas
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 01:16 PM) The pen is probably a bad idea. I'd stick him in the crate until he's older and can be trusted not to destroy the house. People think it's cruel to lock dogs up, but they like it, it's their little cove where they can feel protected and sleep. The crate also helps with the potty training because they won't go if they have to lie in it. So long as you feed him/let him have some water, then let him out, then put him in the crate without anything he should be able to hold it for a few hours. The barking thing you just have to fight through. Maybe put a towel over it. If he's learned that barking = being let out then you gotta break him of that. Also don't make a big deal out of saying goodbye for the day. I've read that compounds the problem. I agree with all of us. Crate training is very good for housetraining, and some pups will drive themselves nuts barking, but they eventually stop. The Malamute we had when I was in HS sounded like she was getting murdered every night she was in her crate, and for like a month to 2 months it was not easy sleeping, but she got through it. Crate training is also good because it teaches the dogs not to go to the bathroom where they sleep, and if you put the dog in that little pen with puppy pads it could possibly do the reverse.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 12:06 AM) Watched "Your Highness" and "Paul" last night with the wife. Liked both of them. i wasnt into Your Highness, and I love Danny McBride. I really liked Paul though.
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 10:32 AM) Walking Dead was better, but still not good. Every time they create some tense moments, they follow it up with 10 minutes of boring conversation. LMAO why do you continue to watch a show you hate so much? Just let it go, you are never going to like it.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2012 -> 10:55 AM) That deal is completely unrealistic but if it were to happen, I'd be completely on board. Pau is a very very good player and is both an offensive and defensive upgrade over Boozer. That said, I don't think Boozer is near as bad as most people would say but Pau is far better (imo). To get him for Boozer + Watson would be a great move. I realize Watson is a very good backup pg, but I don't think we are losing a ton. If Rose isn't healthy, this team doesn't win a title, so while it is great to have that depth, the reality is, with Rose playing a lot, the Bulls can get by without Watson. However, in stretches where Rose is hurt in the regular season, we'd be at a big disadvantage. I actually have bought into Mike James and what he brings. If Watson was traded, I dont think it would be a huge dropoff between Watson and James. The problem is always the dropoff between the backup PG and Lucas.