Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 11:05 AM) Isn't it that Drew McIntyre guy? The H apparently loves that guy, so he's getting a push. Oh yeah you are right, its McIntyre. The mick names are messing with my Irishness
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
I thought MCGuinness was on that 7 man Smackdown tag team. I swear HHH mentioned him when they were making fun of the picture on Mondays RAW
-
MMA Thread
Anyone watch TUF Heavyweights last night? Zak got pummelled by Darril, Rampage is 0-6 vs Rashad. They are just leading up to Kimbo being thrown back out there. Why is he automatically the guy who goes back in if someone gets injured? It seems like he is the defacto "tag-in" if someone gets hurt, but I dont quite understand why
-
Ozzie to work as TV analyst during World Series
I totally expect Ozzie to say something like "why did I do it? Do you see what they are paying me? My wife told me I couldnt pass that up, she wouldnt let me come home"
-
Getz vs. Nix
Everyone talks about Nix range and skill at 2b, but honestly I cannot recall one moment where I thought to myself "damn that was a good play" when he was out there. And I am not saying I saw that from Getz, but Getz isnt the one who gets this defensive prodigy tag set on his head.
-
**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 02:16 PM) I hate when people talk about the Yankees buying the World Series. Yes, they are doing that this year, but I'm pretty sure the Red Sox had the highest payroll ever to win a World Series in 2004. And they had an even higher payroll when they won it in 2007. I dont think that makes it any better that the Red Sox are also buying a championship. The Yankees were still attempting to buy a world series in 04 and 07, they just threw their money into a bunch of declining once great baseball players that couldnt get over the hump.
-
White Sox claim Alejandro De Aza
And YEAH!! wait, what?
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 02:18 PM) damn, you beat me to it. Listening to B&B? Nope, I flip back and forth from deadspin and sportsbybrooks during the day for laughs
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
Here is a nice little addendum to the ESPN Sexual Harrassment portfolio: http://deadspin.com/5386829/espn-horndog-d...uselias-updated
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 11:32 AM) yeah see, its right there, behind the knee oh really? I thought 5th base meant you were getting 2 cups
-
MMA Thread
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 10:56 AM) That's pretty awesome. Watch out for the fireworks, lol. If they went after Babalu, they'll go after you too. Im hiding in back. There is no shame in coming home with a non-broken face
-
MMA Thread
Ha, going to Strikeforce at the Sears center in a few weeks to see Fedor. My first MMA event
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) does your roomate have a smoking problem? more of a smoking weed problem
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
Wow. You would think an ESPN gig would get you a little more of a selection
-
Debate: Swap Linebrink for Bradley?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 09:49 PM) I just don't see Liney bringing anything of value. Why not dump his salary for a hack (reclamatiion project) hopefully for less money. I really don't get why baseball teams overpay these middle reliever guys (Farnsworth, Dotel, Liney, etc.) Just because you dont value a player on your team, you dont actively try and pawn him off as trash, for trash. You want to maximize his value, whatever value it is. Sometimes other teams desperately need middle relievers(like the brewers) and will overpay for these types, and guess what, you dont have to ask for their trash back becayse of their team needs.
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
http://deadspin.com/5386543/steve-phillips...h-espn-employee Apparently Stevie went all Harold Reynolds and his little fling went all Glenn Close Keep it in your pants, so your wallet doesnt shrink!
-
Vatican welcomes Anglicans into Catholic Church
QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 07:16 AM) There is an wrong assumption here that being married will somehow stop someone from being a pedophile. Pedophiles and child molesters want access to children. They take jobs as coaches, teachers, janitors in schools, volunteer with youth groups, and yes, become clergy. No matter what their vocation, it is very unfair to rip others who share that vocation or the many people involved in those organizations. There are very few things I can't find a laugh at, but the abuse of children is one of them. The group that should be scorned is pedophiles and abusers, not coaches, teachers, clergy, etc. Tex, i just dont know where you are going and where you are coming from sometimes.
-
**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-marian...l-in-alcs-26566 So people are freaking out that Rivera is spitting on baseballs(as the video seems to show) But honestly, how many times is Rivera going to throw the ball he just spit on(if he really spit on the ball)? He will get maybe 1-7 throws on that ball before it is fouled away/discarded/replaced. So is Rivera spitting on every ball that he gets? Wouldnt that get noticed just a bit? Methinks that Rivera got caught in an angle where it looked like he spat on the ball, but he didnt, and this is being way overblown
-
Spam this idiot
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 01:16 PM) Pay no attention to the post before the edit. I was gonna let morncic slide, but once I saw Mark Love I had to comment
-
Spam this idiot
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 01:07 PM) The USS Mariner is one of the best sites out there, but this idea is just mornic. That being said, Mark Love is a solid buy. Just not for our future #2 starter. r yu drnk?
-
Spam this idiot
It bothers me to know that as soon as the Sox have a stellar rotation 1-4, and a Good-Great rotation 1-5, everyone is looking to take it apart before watching it work.
-
Spam this idiot
Is this the same guy who wanted us to give away Carlos Quentin?
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 09:26 AM) It means it is all downhill for like 5 or 6 months. Winter aint so bad. Especially when you move and your work commute changes from a half hour on major roads to 5 minutes on one backroad......
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:40 AM) Yeah, they've wanted to turn DiBiase face for a while now. I don't know if he can carry a push by himself. I thought Legacy was/is a good vehicle for all three of them. It gave a couple nondescript wrestlers in Rhodes and DiBiase a good storyline, it boosted the tag team scene, and it helped the image of Orton as a guy with a lot of bravado who still needed guys to help him. Once again, WWE is just taking the tag team idea and throwing it to the side.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:27 AM) It is really depressing to think that this is most likely Indian Summer right now... why is that depressing? I think it is a relief, we had 3 straight weeks of 40 degree rainy weather