Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 07:58 AM) Norv and Ron Turner just ain't that good of football coaches. But they really miss Jamal Williams more than anything.
  2. Hey look, Manny's clutch hit and catch tied up the series 2-2. http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/mannys-grab-...-tie-nlcs-26550 Wait, the Phillies LEAD 3-1? eh?
  3. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:30 PM) I find it hard to believe anybody would take on Liney's contract. If somebody would, I'd be all for dealing him, but not for a problem child. Maybe another bad middle reliever. Liney for somebody else's hack would be fine with me. you have such high expectations
  4. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 02:43 PM) And yet, AJP is much more hated throughout baseball. THATS CUZ AJ MAYBE KNEED SOME GUY IN THE BALLS MAYBE!!!!
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 10:59 AM) My thought is why can't we be hot after an actual offensive lineman? I think the real reason is that you cant just install an O-lineman mid-season and have any success because of all of the assignments and schemes that the lineman needs to learn. You can plug someone in most positions on a football field, but QB and O-lineman are pretty difficult to "plug and play" so to speak.
  6. How about KC just being thankful we gave them Mark Bradley, and just sliding Johnson on over to the Bears just because
  7. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 09:47 AM) Which in turn allows you to "buffer" faster, no? hey hey hey, this discussion belongs in the "How many times do you *ahem* a day?" thread
  8. I cant express how disappointed I am in Forte right now. He is a carbon copy of Anthony Thomas from rookie year to second year. First year: explosive, solid if not spectacular, smart Second year: tentative, fumble prone, hesitant, slow Those two fumbles on the 1 were just totally unacceptable
  9. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 09:06 AM) How about news. Afghanistan, health care, Iraq, the recession, etc. You know...things that matter. I dont think the coverage of these matters dropped so much. CNN, MSNBC, Fox all had their news crawls going full speed for real news while this little distraction took place.
  10. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 09:00 AM) I don't get why anyone takes anything they read at bleacherreport seriously. i think the problem is the speed of the internet and google showing the search results like it is fact. Twitter increases the speed of a rumor times infinity
  11. I waited a day afterwards because he wasnt gonna be sober enough to acknowledge the birthday wishes as it was :
  12. http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/the-disappea...ers-rumor-26527 They need to get a handle on that site, those guys like to make up news
  13. Daddy Balloon is F***ED
  14. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 04:23 PM) That was in Cleveland. I don't blame him for not wanting to be in Cleveland. Honestly, you can say he was disliked in Cleveland, but I can point to situations in Texas and San Diego where his teammates were fine with him. Again, I don't know how many times I can repeat this. HE IS NOT AN ANGEL. NOR IS HE THE PERFECT TEAMMATE. What I can say is that he has a lifetime .371 OBP and is a career .820 OPS player. Even in his disasterous season this year with the Cubs, in which he posted his lowest batting average since 2002, he still put up a .376 OBP. And still, even without the severe behavioral problems, the guy still gets injured and can barely make 100 games a year. I just think it isnt worth it. Nothing to gain for me, just a headache that will not resolve itself.
  15. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 04:00 PM) I think he's simply trying to distinguish Bradley from guys whose own teammates dislike them, as he said, such as Bonds or Kent. Again, I don't think anyone is trying to paint Bradley as an angel or as an ideal guy to acquire. But he's not quite the antichrist either. It seems as though you have a very particular dislike for him. I am pretty sure he was ushered out of Cleveland for not getting along with pretty much anyone employed by the team. Hart couldnt move him fast enough. edit: Here we go, found some of it http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl...ley-trade_x.htm
  16. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:53 AM) 2nd round picks? Forte, Hester, Tillman, Bradley (not for us) Was Manning a 2nd rounder? Or did they trade down to the 3rd round for him? I cant remember, but I think he was a 2nd rounder, because everyone said he was a reach where the bears drafted him
  17. QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:31 AM) Jeesh, you're a real stickler for the rules, aren't you? there it is, right in the book
  18. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 12:28 AM) I don't buy that, except for this year. It's hard to win many games with no pitching. Do you think Greg Walker is a better hitting coach than Rudy Jaramillo? I didnt say anything about pitching. The hitting goes in the toilet late in the season too. And before you start citing the weather as a factor, think about the first two cold months of the year that players in Chicago have to play through. Its all relative. At the end of the day, Im not the biggest fan of Walker, but I dont see why Jaramillo is so much better and that we need to back up the truck for him. Its not like he is teaching people how to hit farther.
  19. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 07:20 AM) What's more interesting is how Milton Bradley has been a problem just about everywhere he's been. I think Texas was the only stop there wasn't major issues and later they found out he was taking time off with the slightest of injuries so he wouldn't possibly hurt his stats coming into free agency. Now Texas wouldn't want him back at any cost. Yet some here still wouldn't mind the poison on the White Sox. I would say him charging that pressbox was a major issue
  20. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 03:05 PM) I think of him more as an overly sensitive and defensive personality than a malicious one. The story about him going after the announcer during a game....THAT is pretty crazy. But i dont necessarily think he wouldve gone up there and started beating ass if he had gotten thru. Still,bad. Im sure after pushing past all of that security and his manager, all Bradley really wanted to do was have a cup of coffee and discuss what was said. Did you see Bradley go after the fans in LA when a bottle was thrown at him? Did you see how crazy he was when he blew both knees out trying to go after an ump in San Diego. Dude is nuts, he would have gone crazy on that announcer
  21. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    It could be some sort of fondant applied to the bread to give it that look A little more info: http://bangkokdaytours.com/QuirkyThailand/Human-Bread.html http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp?i=V3826
  22. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 09:25 AM) They have a choice to try to compete. The only reason they even considered trading Halladay is because Roy basically stated he was going to walk when his contract was up. They were going nowhere in 2009 and 2010 is probably a longshot. Put things into perspective here. The Blue Jays were devasted by injury. I think most of their starting rotation was out. Attendance was weak. They dumped a lot of salary in Rios and Rolen, but have some nice talent. Wells is a problem, but when he signed, I don't think it raised too many eyebrows. JP's problem was that he was in the AL East. Its going to be hard for any team to compete year in and year out with Boston and NY and now TB. The Blue Jays still have won more games the past 4 seasons than the White Sox. I think if Toronto was in the Central, JP would have been given an extension rather than a pink slip. 1 more game, to be exact.
  23. Kyyle23 posted a topic in SLaM
    Head shaped bread, anyone? http://magazine024.com/morbid-bakery-in-thailand/
  24. Rumor(almost confirmed) that Ryan Hare has been booted from SIU.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.