Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 08:35 AM) What he is saying is smart baseball management if you're a team like the Sox. Unlike the Blue Jays, the Sox do not NEED to dump a good player's salary in order to pay a bad player to suck. What got JP Ricciardi fired was giving out massive contracts to several players, with Vernon Wells and BJ Ryan being the most devastating ones. Ricciardi didn't get fired because he didn't trade Halladay. The Halladay situation only came up because the Blue Jays spent a ton of money on a team that was performing so poorly dollar-for-dollar that they were forced to cut payroll because the fans weren't showing up. The Blue Jays because of their commitments to bad players do *not* have a choice to try to compete with the Red Sox and Yankees. If they did then they would target the kind of players the poster was talking about, proven talent that makes the team better. The Jays are forced to target prospects simply because they will not be able to compete again until a lot of these horrible deals are off their books. I agree though that Ricciardi SHOULD have traded Halladay, but trade or not trade, that franchise was already screwed. It was but a small example of my point. The larger focus was "why would Texas trade away their star? What is the point?" and then "I wouldnt trade X player unless, and only if, the team became better". Many things JP did got him fired, I totally agree. This thinking, in my opinion, was part of it.
  2. QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:29 PM) How about a trade for josh hamilton ? Yeah theres risk but alot of good also we could maybe get him fairly cheap after a down year and with the fact the rangers have alot of young OFS borbon boggs murphy cruz . possibly resigning marlon byrd so he could be had for a couple of decent prospects and could provide us with a very good OF in right an provide lefthanded power if he can stay healthy. Just a thought what do any of you think ? Honestly, WHY would Texas trade Hamilton at this point? The kid has been a revelation, even if he was injured last year for a while. You have to ask yourself if you were the guy in charge of Texas, why would you trade away someone as good as Hamilton? You cant just throw names out there and say "why dont we trade for this guy?" without thinking about the other teams position QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:40 PM) I would only trade buehrle if we were getting proven major league talent in return and if the trade would make us better . I wouldnt trade him for prospects . and this kind of thinking is what got JP Ricciardi fired. Trades are risks by both sides(most of the time), and they are calculated risks. Sometimes teams trade away players who are very close to breaking out for high ceiling, cant miss prospects, sometimes underachieving players are traded for other underachievers, but no matter what the teams are both trying to make themselves better. You cannot automatically assume that the trade you are going to make will make your team better, although that is what you are aiming for. Sometimes it is a wash(swisher), sometimes it is a look to the future(Peavy and Rios).
  3. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:26 PM) Angels are still alright if they can get game 2. Gotta give it to Carl Winslow, though. He was money tonight. Posada taped a picture of a cheeseburger on the inside of his glove so CC would focus better.
  4. QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 06:00 PM) The "expectation" is that Bradley The Human Time Bomb will explode at some point, and I'm sure that plenty of belligerent Sox fans would bait him mercilessly for their own amusement. Once you've shown that you can be baited easily, people tend to pick on you more, not less. I think the real problem with Bradley here, especially with the Cubs, was the media focusing on him. he cannot take the heat, never has been able to. If you move him from one side of town to the other, the media criticism does not change, and neither does Bradley. I really hope it does not happen, I dont want to see the Sox fall for the same "potential" that 7 other teams have already fallen for.
  5. QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 04:20 PM) Eccentric people tend to cause a lot fewer problems in the workplace than people with serious anger issues. I agree. I see more Artest than I see Rodman
  6. QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 03:10 PM) Eh... I would take him anyway if he didn't cost that much... It would be worth it to get rid if Rick White ERRR.. Scott Linebrink. I dont care if Linebrink goes the other way, he costs too much. Too much grief, too many problems, too much money
  7. QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 03:08 PM) Genius. I thought about doing the comparison when Cubano first scoffed at the notion that Alexei and Lugo are comparable, but I didnt want to detract from the argument at hand. But immediately I thought "well yeah, Lugo and Alexei ARE a pretty good comparison."
  8. QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 02:54 PM) No one guessed the first and second stat line owners? Lugo and Alexei?
  9. I keep seeing this: and thinking that you dont solve problems, you create problems with this move
  10. Im still a big fan of one of his originals, where he pretended to be a different scammer as well as the victim, and he got the guy to get a tattoo and made him take pictures of it
  11. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 02:03 PM) Have you guys seen the website of the dudes that respond to those "nigerian bank account transfer" emails? Its hilarious the things they make those idiots do. http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm i think it is 419eater.com edit: didnt see your link at first That guy is special, he makes those idiots do some hilarious stuff.
  12. QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 01:57 PM) I understand the logic, but it applies much better to the top of the 7th than the top of the 5th. They were only down by two when it was clear that Kershaw was struggling. What worse, having your pitcher bat in the bottom of the 5th or facing the heart of the Phillies lineup with a guy who was clearly struggling to throw the ball over the plate? That was a monumentally-dumb decision by Torre. Not to mention very surprising, as I consider Torre one of the best in the game. That's the kind of gamble that you make with somebody like Buehrle, not a nervous rookie who gave up a three-run homer, walked the opposing pitcher, and threw three wild pitches. Torre could've at least mitigated the damage by bringing in a LOOGY to face Utley and Howard. Torre is old school, he wants his pitchers to work through it. Even th broadcasters(Darling?) were saying that this is a "grow up" moment that Torre likes to employ. I wouldnt say monumentally dumb either. Kershaw had 2 outs and Howard was down 0-2(he also had Utley on the ropes with 2 outs and let him off the hook) and he gave him a pitch to turn on and Howard did. They went down 5-1 at that point and lost 8-6, so it wasnt as if the bullpen could hold off the Phillies either at that point. It wasnt Torre's greatest management job, but I could see what he wanted to do.
  13. QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 12:13 PM) Why in the heck did Torre leave Kershaw in to face Utley and Howard, after he walked Hamels and was having obviously difficulty throwing strikes? Didn't the Dodgers have another LHP available? They mentioned that Kershaw was the second batter up in the following inning. Torre was hoping Kershaw could finish the inning, because if he didnt finish the inning, Torre would of had to do one of two things: 1. let the reliever that replaced Kershaw bat in the second spot of the next inning(after giving up the lead and being put in a situation where you need to score runs) 2. Blow 2 relievers in 1 inning by putting in a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 5th in the pitchers spot. Torre was praying that Kershaw would get out of it so he could save his bullpen and bench, and he got burned
  14. QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 12:11 PM) Apparently, according to FoxNews articles, they took their kids with them when storm chasing. So they have no problem putting them in harm's way. cnn mentioned the father has submitted i-reports of him and his kids tracking and chasing hurricanes in the past year
  15. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 12:06 PM) Am I mistaken, I don't remember Kobe forcing that draft day deal. I thought the lakers wanted Vlade cause the whole thing happened pretty quickly I thought. This is going on pure memory. From what I remember, Kobe wanted no part of Charlotte, West was in love with Kobe, things happened and Vlade was a Hornet after the draft
  16. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:57 AM) don't you mean how long before the kid gets cool?!?! His name is Falcon, his parents are Tornado chasers/UFO hunters/Mad scientists. This kid is either already cool, or never will be.
  17. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:33 AM) This *****.com seems problematic. that changes in the address too. hotmail, yahoo, gmail. Its all there. Truly, your ability to not get junkmail is amazing.
  18. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:30 AM) Ah, you sign up for things, that's your first problems. Never participate in anything. Protip. Kind of hard to get your package from amazon without signing up
  19. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:29 AM) get better relatives dudes nah, most of it started with spammers using an email address and "jumping" off of it. kyle@*****.com, kyyle@*****.com, kyyle1@*****.com, kyyle23@*****.com I could see it in the sent address line, they were sending out a bunch of crap and just happened to get me. The forwards dont help of course But very obviously the relatives are the problem
  20. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:20 AM) I'm serious...I really don't get spam. I didn't get it in my student email nor in my gmail now... do you have a "dummy" account set up for signing up for anything online?
  21. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:14 AM) He must have the world's most advanced spam folder. or he gets an email and changes email addresses immediately. Grandma was the first offender
  22. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 11:01 AM) I never get these emails. And if my grandma sent them to me I would change emails. wow, I never thought I would finally meet the one person in the world with an email account that doesnt get forwards/spam/junkmail sent to them.
  23. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 10:59 AM) Interesting to see a hitting coach *gasp* actually be held accountable when his team doesn't hit! It's too bad he'll end up with the Cubs and not with the Sox. Even despite his teams struggles this year, Jaramillo has a long record of very good hitting teams, and is respected around baseball as being really good at what he does. Neither of those thoughts could be put in the same paragraph as Greg Walker, who would have been fired years ago if we had the same standard for a hitting coach that they do in Texas. Just because there is no tangible or proven way to evaluate a hitting coach and how important/not important he is doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired if the hitting goes south, although I'm not even sure I'd have fired Jaramillo since he's had such a long record of excellence there before this year. .....that fade in August and September
  24. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 09:25 AM) The e-mails I am referring to are e-mails forwarded to you by people you know. My grandma is famous for forwarding almost anything that she gets. I know it is forwarded by the people you know. If you play the "6 degrees" game, then you know that your email address is getting bounced all over the world depending on who you send your forward to, and who THEY send the forward to. The spammers win this game, every time. Delete it. Be done with it

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.