Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (knightni @ May 28, 2009 -> 01:56 PM) Too bad that he was Deadpool, because Ryan Reynolds would have been an excellent Green Lantern. He is a really big fan of the Flash as well, which he also would be a good fit for.
  2. QUOTE (rangercal @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:33 PM) I'm an old school type of fan who can appreciate a once in a generation player at an early age. That help has disappeared against Orlando. That help can't even send Dwight to the foul line. That help is good help during non pressure situations, but they are all showing their true colors now. The greedy bulls fan in me wants the Cleveland ship to sink . I'm convinced the Bulls will be a major player for Lebron. The supporting cast in Chicago thrives on Pressure. But where would he play?
  3. I dont think NL, AL, hitting, or team preference played into it. To me, it was and will always be the option. It was the exact same thing with the Cubs in the offseason, its just too much of a beast to sign off on right now
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:45 AM) How would he feel about pitching with Jermaine Dye in RF and Ozzie Guillen as his manager? f*** ******* because ***** and f*** the *********.
  5. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:19 AM) I hope it gets done, and I hope it's good. GL and Flash are my all-time favorite Silver Age DC characters, and a sweeping GL story with the Corps, Guardians, OA, etc., would be great. That said, how does a movie aimed at people with 21st century sensibilities keep a straight face while portraying the color yellow as a believable weakness for a superhero with otherwise limitless poewr? I remember Jon Stewart at one time being looked at for a GL role in something, but I can't remember what. Kind of a funny irony that Jon Stewart would make a good Hal Jordan, but couldn't pull off a John Stewart. I just flip the reality switch off when I go watch comic movies, its no use getting worked up over it. Superman is hurt by a shiny green rock, and GL thinks that yellow doesnt go well with the shoes he is wearing, it is what it is
  6. QUOTE (shipps @ May 28, 2009 -> 08:56 AM) I think the critic mentioned this before....but Brian Paruch on the Score is really there best radio guy. I like his style over anyone they have with there regular shows. Paruch is solid. And you can catch him on just about every format in chicago, the guy is on the air EVERYWHERE
  7. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 28, 2009 -> 09:12 AM) That trailer is really well done. The guardians heads need to be bigger (They just look like blue-skinned Joe Liebermans here), the Tomar-Re, Abin Sur, and Kilowog likenesses were really good. Is the actual GL live-action film still slated to begin filming later this year? I think so. Nathan Fillion was considered for the role, but I read that he was considered to be too old for the role because they want to go young. Which is a shame, because Fillion is almost perfect casting
  8. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:53 AM) If you read the article, JR gave KW his approval so apparently he still does have to approve. There's nothing wrong with making a profit. Just don't say you have $.50 when everything costs $1, don't say you may have to switch all the late season games to day games because you can't afford the electric bill. The White Sox cry poor more than any other professional sports team in Chicago, by far. Its very old, and I'm not the only one that finds it old. This is the song that never ends. It goes on and on my friends. Someone started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because, This the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, Just when you think you have reached the end, the songs begins again. This is the song that never ends. It goes on and on my friends. Someone started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because, This the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends, Just when you think you have reached the end, the songs begins again.
  9. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Thats a really well made fan trailer. I just saw the trailer for Pandorum(www.pandorummovie.com has the trailer, i couldnt find the embed script for the final trailer, only an old one) and it looks to be a good deep space horror movie
  10. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 28, 2009 -> 01:57 AM) I guess you guys can't read/see bold'ed fonts. "Guys like Oswalt, Haren and Cain have been mentioned on this board." Since when did someone mentioning some Xbox trades as real life mean anything? We can read just fine. The non bolded font showed a catty childish response that was completely out of place. Look, you want to be confrontational about nothing, then go away. There are speculative threads about 2 of those 3 players, and he used them as possibilities in a 2 sentence thread. If that gets to you so much then dont respond, there is no reason to respond like that.
  11. I'm passed the point of being pissed
  12. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2009 -> 07:30 AM) As I said earlier JR was joking. The telling thing was he had no idea KW was after Peavy which would have added about $8-9 million to this year's payroll. So its not possible to have a businessman deliberately mislead a paper, huh?
  13. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2009 -> 07:23 AM) From the Daily Herald: So how did he plan on paying for Peavy, who has a guaranteed $63 million left on a contract that runs through 2012 and also has a $22 million club option for 2013? "We were going to figure that out along the way," Williams said. "That's not too much of a stretch. The funny thing was, when I told Jerry (Reinsdorf) what was going on - I kept this from him for a long time - when I finally told him what was going on, I should have asked him, 'Hey, where are you?' Because evidently, when I finally told, he almost stepped off the curb and got hit by a car in New York." Reinsdorf verified the story Friday, and he jokingly said he approved the deal because he was strolling down Park Avenue. "Walking down Park Avenue, I felt rich," Reinsdorf said. "Good thing I wasn't walking down Third Avenue." LOL, yes this is quite the intimate business decision here DA. You sure learned a whole lot from JR here, this is practically an entire volumes worth of "Jerry Reinsdorf, the way to do business" when you see how Jerry Reinsdorf was informed of a trade.
  14. Hopefully we can assemble a chat crew tonite that rivals what we had going on Monday.
  15. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2009 -> 07:00 PM) Its not like he's making $15 million a year. If he was available for the same price that Peavy could be had, considering you know he's been successful in the AL, his contract is at least $20 million cheaper if not more, because as far as I know doesn't have a NTC, KW would have been a fool to agree to trade for Peavy instead of Haren. There's probably a 99.99% chance he's not getting traded, and if the .01 % does come to fruition KW is going to have to empty the Birmingham roster to even have a chance. I dont mind as much as I did yesterday because Beckham is not on the Birmingham roster anymore
  16. QUOTE (G&T @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:10 PM) Coupons are easier to find when they want you to come in. Kyyle, with my help, I believe that, one day, you too will learn how to find that special place that will always allow reciprocal happiness and, thus, cheap deals. On a side note, I somehow managed to get an A+ in business organizations. I've never had a grade higher than an A- in law school (and those are scarce for me). There may be a mistake. So you are saying that the bunny ranch accepts coupons. awesome
  17. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:42 PM) Halladay is in a different stratosphere altogether. IMO he's a legit top-5 pitcher in all of baseball, and maybe better than that. Plus from what I've seen he's more of a pitcher than Oswalt, and even though their career numbers and peripherals are very, very close, Halladay has done it in the AL East of all places. Oswalt did it in the NL Central. I'd be skeptical about locking Oswalt up, but I'd have no problem whatsoever dealing for Doc and locking him up for his Age 33-35 seasons. If we acquired him this year and extended him through 2012 I'd be salivating. IMO Halladay is untouchable(I believe Ricciardi has said this before as well), I mentioned him because Marty brought him up, not because he is available(or percieved to be available). Of all of those pitchers, Halladay would be my first choice as well, but I think we are looking at the second tier of aces right now. Haren, Peavy, and Oswalt are really the root of the dispute here, and I think they are all pretty similar, with Peavy being the highest paid and probably the scariest investment considering previously cited arm problems. Oswalt may end up being the last available chick at the dance, but I dont necessarily see that as a bad thing in this dance. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:44 PM) He's given up 11 HR's in 62 IP this year, yeah I'd say that's pretty "unamazing". I don't understand why his 2nd half last year is proof that he's still an elite pitcher while his first 62 IP are discounted. Look, you're going to have to pay Oswalt between ~$35-40M through 2011 and give up prospects for him, better be sure he is not in decline. and Jake Peavy has given up 7 HR in 67 innings, but you think he is a good alternative here? And Peavy plays in the spacious Petco, Oswalt plays in the bandbox Minutemaid park. And Peavys salary escalates to obscene levels
  18. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:26 PM) Why can't it be all of the above? Because all three have been aces, all three get paid pretty well, and the only difference is that peavy is younger than Halladay and Oswalt, so why would Halladay(in your opinion) be ok to acquire and Oswalt will not be ok? I am asking what you are seeing in Oswalt that indicates to you that he is not even a 3 starter anymore, and I dont want to hear "he is paid too much/on the downside of his career" You have repeatedly been shown his numbers to close out the season last year, and they were pretty impressive, especially the B2B shutouts in September( True, he hasnt been amazing this year, but then again neither has Peavy.), all i am asking from you is a little bit of reasoning behind your opinion so I can understand it a little better
  19. QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:15 PM) The very thought that Oswalt *could* be declining is reason enough to not trade for him when taking into account the money he is owed. Halladay, Peavy, and Oswalt all *could* be declining. Does that mean that none of them should be acquired? First it was age, then it was contract, now it is percieved skill. Which is it going to be?
  20. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:19 PM) And what the hell does that have to do with anything? well, the first part of his quote was "I also predict Fields/Poreda will be used as a centerpiece to a deal to land a top of the rotation pitcher", so I guess it has everything to with with anything.
  21. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:05 PM) COS for Fields already? Seriously? I can understand sending him to AAA and bringing up Beckham because GB's simply doing so well and Fields isn't, but change of scenery level for him already? Im trying as hard as I can to get around saying he is a bust. This was Fields shot, he had the job handed to him before ST was over and all he had to do was play passable defense and hit well enough that he wasnt noticed, and the hitting part just hasnt materialized yet, and the the Sox are being forced to convert their top prospect to take his place. Once Beckham takes Fields place, I really have a hard time believing he is going to be able to take it back.
  22. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:58 PM) I'd agree, I guess I am just more in favor of Pods being the 4th OF instead of Anderson. That would allow both Fields and Anderson to play. i think i have had my fill of Fields playing, and the Sox are just about at that point as well. Im not going to say bust, Im going to say it didnt work out here/needs a change of scenery.
  23. If BA is benched so Fields can attempt to play left, I will be a very sad panda
  24. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:49 PM) Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that - Fields to LF if it looks like he's putting it together. Not a bad idea. So here is a question... would you rather have Fields or Kroeger in LF to hold CQ's spot? Also, I'm guessing this is the first domino in front of some other minor league moves. I dont think either of those players figure in with Pods on the team and Wise waiting in the wings. If CQ is out, the job is Pods IMO
  25. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:43 PM) If Fields continues to improve as he has the last few games, I'm guessing that means either Fields will be traded, or the Sox have a tough call to make. I personally would rather, if Fields does indeed continue to improve, that they play Beckham at Short where he belongs (remember, his weakness in the scouting reports was his arm and defense generally), and move Alexei to CF. I realize I'm in the minority on this, but, I think it would have been better to either send Fields down a few weeks ago, or to stick it out now that he's showing signs of life. Right now is the exact wrong time for this. Flame away. With the way BA is playing right now, I think it would be a tragedy to remove him from starting CF, especially seeing how that would keep Fields on the field

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.