Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 01:15 AM) And that doesn't really tell you anything. This No way of knowing how much of that 37% would still go to a new park. Also we don't have that same number from other teams around the county to compare it too and see if its really high because of wrigley or not. I also know the cubs have a large national following and would continue to wrigley or no wrigley.
  2. QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:51 PM) Don't give me Gonzaga as a 1. That was total BS. They were the worst No. 1 seed in the history of the tournament and played like it. WSU belongs because they beat Ohio State today. It just bothers me when a team like this makes the Final Four because they're not especially good. It devalues the accomplishment of getting to the Final Four. It's supposed to be the promised land to show you were an elite team. By no definition is WSU an elite team. For some reason this one bothers me while I thought VCU and George Mason were cool cinderella stories. How much is the Duke-Louisville winner going to beat them by? 15+? That's not what I want to watch in a national semifinal. The committee definitely set this up by putting the worst team at each of the top 5 seed lines in the same bracket. OSU was a 4 seed that got hot at the right time, but wasn't consistent all year. Don't sleep on the valley. I guarantee WSU can keep it closer then 15. Hell Illinois freaking state completely outplayed Louisville @ Louisville earlier this year. If it wasn't for a screw job at the end they would have beat them.
  3. VALLEY BASKETBALL
  4. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 01:41 PM) I think you might be underestimating how large the Wrigley Field fan base is. I think you would see an ebb, not right away, but in 3-5 years when the "new" wore off. Well never know unless this happens. I say your overestimating it and you say I'm underestimating it. Well have to agree to disagree. All I know is the only team in Chicago that struggles to fill their stadium on a game by game basis is the white sox. The cubs fan base wouldn't stop showing up to a new park
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 11:32 AM) That's the difference between 32k a game and 27k a game. Especially in a park without skyboxes, that's a huge difference. And they'd pick up 5k from the northern suburbs each game easily. You guys are really underestimating how large the cubs fan base is.
  6. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 10:40 AM) Getting the fans of the team out to the ballpark isn't why the Cubs sell 30k tickets a game. It's the casual person who is only slightly interested in the game that is filling their park. I guarantee you at most 5k people a game are what you describe
  7. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 12:56 AM) I couldn't disagree more. They may draw better from the northern suburbs, but they'd draw significantly less from the city. Wrigley is one of the biggest parts of the Cubs' allure to casual fans and moving out Wrigley would simply destroy a major portion of their brand. No one is saying the Cubs wouldn't survive, but they'd lose one of their biggest competitive advantages. There is a reason the neighborhood can strong-arm the Cubs, even if the Cubs have less to lose by moving out of Wrigley than the neighborhood does. That's proven by the fact Ricketts is now willing to pay for all the Wrigley renovations. He simply has no leverage, since staying will always be better for him and the Cubs than moving would be (within reason). You're overating the stadium in all this. Even if half the fan base stopped caring after they moved (which they would not) their fan base would still be twice as large as us. The only people they'd lose from the city specifically wrigleyville is the young college crowd that loves to get drunk. Which a family of 5 from Schaumburg would replace nicely. Wrigley field isn't a competative advantage when it comes to the performing on the field. In fact it's a severe disadvantage.
  8. Anyone who thinks the cubs wouldn't survive outside of wrigley is delusional. Their massive fan base would easily support them in a new stadium. They'd draw so much more people from the northern suburbs. I'd actually be afraid if they moved. New facilities would do a lot of things for that franchise. Then again the white sox would technically be the only team inside the city then.
  9. QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 12:45 PM) Based on the pics Gonzo has been tweeting the left field wall should look different this season with the retired numbers. moving Or maybe they put them in both places?
  10. QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 12:33 AM) I think the way we run offense works much better without Derrick (against the Heat) With Derrick = stand around while Derrick dribbles and maybe he'll pass it if necessary Without Derrick = sans any primary scorer, move the ball around and wait for weaknesses in the defense to present themselves While true they're still 4-2 with him.
  11. Btw the bulls have now beaten the heat 3 times without Derrick rose in the lineup. In fact they're now 3-1 vs them when he does not play.
  12. Man the guy who replaced Bob Brenly is brutal
  13. QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 12:36 PM) The reason they do it like this is because you wouldn't feel like you deserved to lose a basketball game if it was decided by a free throw contest And that is why basketball isn't stupid enough to decide their games with a free throw contest.
  14. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 11:36 AM) SOL/=L Sorry but when I watch sports if the other team outright wins then you lost. I don't give a f*** whether it happened in regulation.
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 08:04 AM) You should watch hockey. The Hawks streak was way more impressive considering the situation they did it in. The streak they lost three times during? Yeah super impressive.
  16. Bulls now 7-3 vs the big three in the regular season. Sadly 1-4 in the playoffs
  17. Also on MLB.tv for people who are subscribed and want a clearer feed
  18. QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 06:52 PM) That 30 for 30 tonight looks awesome It was probably the best one they've ever made
  19. Also I can't believe Kirk vs Nate was ever a debate. Kirk is just better at running the offense.
  20. Getting sick of watching the shell of this team. f*** injuries
  21. kev211 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Well my online code for the show doesn't work. So that's awesome
  22. kev211 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Anyone picking up the show today? Just picked it up, I skipped 12 so I'm excited.
  23. kev211 replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 01:41 PM) I never said I was upset, did I? I just said b****es on facebook be annoyin'. But I guess that's covered across the board. Yep stay off Facebook haha

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.