Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Rick Renteria Signs Contract Extension, length unknown
It is a wonder that baseball players ever get hurt all.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
It is quite literally when you get to the point where you accrue less than 162 days on the major league roster in one season. I want to say there are somewhere around 175 days (that number might be off by a couple, but close anyway) in a regular season. If you accrue 162 days on a roster, that is considered "1 year of service". If you accrue 161 days, it is not a year, and there for the team still controls you for a whole other year.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
Let me say this unequivocally. There is nothing the White Sox can do this off season to be a playoff team in 2019.
-
Rick Renteria Signs Contract Extension, length unknown
Yeah, despite what fans might think of him, I have yet to see any player even hint badly of Ricky. I know the initial returns were very much positive, especially when compared to Robin. There hasn't been much said now, but I have yet to see anything that hints that this has changed.
-
Official NHL COVID season thread
Probably, I mean let's face it. No matter where the fault lies, the die has been cast. If Q is really the hero in this story, the Hawks will continue to lose, and Bowman is on the hot seat now anyway. It is now officially his team, with no one else to hide behind. If this continues to deteriorate, Bowman is next. If Q was part of the problem, in theory we should see some improvement, and that is what we really want.
- Midterms 2018
- Midterms 2018
- Midterms 2018
- Midterms 2018
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
I am pretty sure it would have been pretty unprecedented to do what is being talked about there. I might be missing some, but I can't think of anyone who put up those kind of numbers, and carried that kind of prospect ranking/expectations/ spending parts of 3 seasons in AAA.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
If he had filed a grievance and won, he would have started his service time right away starting at last September.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
Again, I really think if we had tried to stall Kopech for parts of 3 seasons in AAA, he would have filed a grievance and we would have lost. It is one thing when you are talking about Eloy who only played a partial season there, but Kopech spent time in 2016 and all of 2017 there until September. If they had tried to put him there AGAIN in 2018 after the 2017 he had, I don't think that would have flown. I mean Bryant and Eloy have talked about grievances for being sent back after partial seasons. I really don't think this would have flown.
- Morosi: White Sox interested in "both Machado and Harper"
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
Again if Hahn said anything other than Eloy would have a fair chance to win a job in spring training he would have a grievance filed against the team and he would lose.
- Midterms 2018
- Midterms 2018
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
They would have fried if they tried to send Kopech to AAA for parts of 3 seasons with the numbers he put up.
-
White sox active in starting pitching market
Honestly I think the order is different, but I said a few months ago that if they got a top guy, the odds of signing more free agents goes up, not down. If they sign Machado, they move the timeline forward. If not, they stick with the old timeline.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
He ought to appease the best for the franchise crowd.
-
Hahn says Eloy will spend most, if not all of the season in Chicago
He has to say this even if he doesn't mean it. If he said different they would have a grievance to file.
-
Rick Renteria Signs Contract Extension, length unknown
It is time to log out of Soxtalk for a while.
-
2018-19 NCAA Basketball thread
Kansas is dirty as hell. But for some reason, they are 100% protected.
-
Arizona Fall League - Running Thread - Opens 10/9
- MLBTR look at the Sox off-season
- 2018-9 MLB off season free agency thread
Putting a new one up for for rumors and signings on the free agent market that do NOT relate to our White Sox. - MLBTR look at the Sox off-season