Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The amazing thing is the amount of people who believe this is a pretty normal thing, and want to arm "veterans" and put them into the schools as protectors, instead of something productive like overhauling the VA.
  2. Again, come back when you have an original thought. One that doesn't involved stalking or trolling other posters.
  3. Come back when you have an original thought.
  4. And you keep proving mine.
  5. If anyone would support this, it would be you.
  6. I kind of feel bad for the guy TBH. He has spent apparently decades of his life holding grudges against random strangers for not entertaining him enough, which he feels makes him a better "fan". I don't know what kind of response there is for that other than the same truths I keep trying to tell him. If you have time to be angry at complete strangers for decades, your priorities are out of whack. It doesn't make you a better fan, it makes you bitter and angry. I watch baseball because I enjoy the sport, and I enjoy the White Sox because of generational family traditions, the escape from daily life it brings me, and a joy of sport. I feel sad for people who don't get that. Especially if they do this for decades and feel nothing but anger and disappointment. Every time this discussion comes up, the same guy comes into conversations which didn't even involve him to start name calling and raging about his way somehow being better. The anger issues are so prevalent over something that shouldn't be. What does it say when you hate something so much, yet keep doing it? But, rinse and repeat. Sad is the only thing I feel.
  7. Uh, oh. I apologize for hurting your feelings again.
  8. If you need "winning" to feel valid, something is missing, somewhere. Sports are an escape, not a stress.
  9. Blows my theory. That is the first time I have seen a name attached to Avi, though with TJS attached to Martes, that makes his value an interesting debate.
  10. It amazes me to see this posted over and over again. What are people trying to make up for their lives that they need to see a random group of strangers having success to feel good about themselves? Winning is a great feeling and all, but it isn't what sports should be about. Sports are entertainment, not a substitute for success.
  11. I would take on Chatwood and Heywood to get Bryant if it meant not giving up anything of value to him. I would do that in a heartbeat.
  12. If he is here and listening, it means that doesn't really matter to him.
  13. And the value on Machado reflected that, which is why the Orioles held on to him until the deadline.
  14. If he can stay healthy, he wouldn't shock me to see him move multiple levels in one year. The talent is there.
  15. Think Sale return for sure.
  16. I can't see a match of return for the Cubs, and the acquiring team being willing to give it up knowing they still probably won't resign him. At least not at this stage.
  17. In all seriousness, if they COULD involve MJ in the pitch, it would be awesome. No idea how things are between JR and MJ though.
  18. I think they sound like very different players. Walker sounds more like a pure hitter, while Basabe is more of a 5 tool guy. I think the floor for a guy like Walker is higher, but the Basabe ceiling is higher. I would definitely rate Basabe higher at this point both on potential, and being levels ahead of Walker. That could change this year if a guy like Walker hits Kanny and tears it up.
  19. I think this was happening anyway.
  20. That is the million dollar question. My guess is Winston-Salem. If the Sox sign a couple of OFs, who knows.
  21. Which for the record is their major daily newspaper.
  22. The tools are real, he just HAS to stay healthy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.