Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:03 PM) Not sure why we are never linked to Harper. I can think of half a billion reasons.
  2. QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:42 PM) not sure. I've been to about half the parks in MLB but only safeco out of those . of the one's I've been to camden, safeco and AT&T are my favs. least favs are probably comerica and rogers centre. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who hated Comerica.
  3. QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:36 PM) Sorry, kid, but wiseass remarks aren’t a great rebuttal to the fact that our cornerstone prospect in this rebuild strikes out 35% of the time. Do better. Take your own advice.
  4. He doesn't link them. He calls them "potential fits"
  5. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:30 PM) I’m guessing they don’t want to stick with an eight man bullpen for very long and there’s little risk of losing Volstad when they decide to outright him back to Charlotte. Bingo. The other thing is they may well be working on stuff with the other guys, and they want them right where they are until they figure it out.
  6. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:11 PM) I can't remember, but wasn't it always likely that it would be end of May/early June? It was, like I said, more of a footnote.
  7. FutureSox? @FutureSox 3h3 hours ago Knights media release just out says it's Chris Beck starting tonight.
  8. In the last week, here is what the Sox have signed. Dionicio Jimenez bd 1/7/2001, RHP (17 yo) Andres Rosario bd 3/11/1999, IF (19 yo) Daneuris Lagrange bd 6/17/1998 RHP ( 19, about to be 20, yo)
  9. QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:44 PM) From the guys I could find any info on, they seem to be older prospects. Considering several were pitchers, they are probably guys who developed late and are just being discovered now. Also, for signings under $10,000 (which many of these older ones probably are) the money doesn't count against the bonus pool, so we could be out of money and still sign those guys. Pitchers usually come on later, so that isn't abnormal.
  10. QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:38 PM) Interesting quote from Dunning... @WSDashBaseball “[@whitesox starter James Shields] showed me a different grip to use for the curve...That's been a big plus for me.” -@Ddunning33 on one of the keys to his hot start Seems like Shields has been really willing to work with the kids, which is nice.
  11. QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:36 PM) https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/prospects/stats/affiliates AAA - Volstad AA - Stephens A+ - TBD A - TBD
  12. QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:33 PM) Couple of International signees the past couple days https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2P...amp;single=true Interesting. Glad to see them grabbing some guys as we near the deadline for this period. Might as well leave as little money as possible behind.
  13. Side note to this, that means the earliest that Rodon could come off of the DL is now May 25.
  14. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:56 AM) Was Lucas Giolioto one of them? IIRC there was a segment on an MLB insider show that caught the Sox brass talking about passing on a pitcher because of his mechanics. This would have been before Giolito was drafted. For some reason it seems like they never said the name, but there were rumors as to who it was. I can't recall the name now.
  15. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 07:46 AM) Paul Ryan reportedly will announce he's not seeking reelection https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/984042692836495360 This is a chance for him to walk away with this dignity and quit being the waterboy for Trump's policies without causing an eruption of the Republican Party between the factions of Trump and the rest of the GOP. In the situation he is in, this is his best possible move if he wants a political future. And all over a job he didn't really want anyway.
  16. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 12:09 PM) The other thing everyone forgets is who owned the Cubs and who owned WGN. They weren't going to cede that to the White Sox. As long as the Tribune owned both, the Sox were only going to get limited play at best on their station. And the Chicago Tribune.
  17. Looks like they wanted another long reliever.
  18. QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 03:42 PM) I'm only taking McClanahan if he has better grades, all things equal I'm not taking a pitcher with TJ. The Sox have passed on pitchers before because of their arm action and surgery risks.
  19. QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:05 AM) I doubt the Sox would do that. They obviously like him enough to resign him after trading him, I doubt they would just dump him after 6 weeks. I honestly think they'll wait until June or July until they can trade him for literally anything (probably nothing) and then bring Kopech up. They also gave him $5 million to come back. I think Shields is out the door before Miguel is, unless Gonzalez absolutely craters.
  20. Nothing states that an organization has confidence in you like telling you to quit switchhitting or taking you out of the lead off spot in the second week of the season.
  21. QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 02:23 PM) Yes, vitriol. As I mentioned, I'm referencing the links in the thread above. Ron883 saying Abreu was DFA worthy based on 100PA last year is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this site. So you are taking one person's words and applying it to the entire site? Yeah, that tells me what this conversation is worth.
  22. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 12:54 PM) It that is what you are hoping, you are going to be a bit disappointed. Why would he sell at this point? I could see if he was in his 50s or 60s and had a great chance of enjoying 20 more years of life with that windfall, but he's in his 80s, and this is pretty fun for him. He will die owning both teams. Honestly the one thing that stands out to me is with the changes in tax laws, there is less incentive than ever to sell before he dies.
  23. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:00 PM) Give him the innings for now. There’s no rush in making a decision. Even with Rodon coming back at some point and Kopech a mid-season call-up, he can have a spot in the rotation until one of Stephens, Adams, Guerrero, or Hansen says otherwise. Yep. Again less than 300 IP TOTAL as a professional. He has pitched about the same amount of innings as Michael Kopech. Get Fulmer his innings. No need to make a panic move.
  24. Vitrol? Yeah, can't say I see that. I think the takes have been pretty realistic. No one he is saying he sucks, or is even average, but Hall of Fame is a whole other level. When I close my eyes and squint at the future of Jose Abreu, I see a Harold Baines ceiling. Maybe a few big years, a lot of consistency, but nothing that stands out and makes HOF voters go WOW. Call it a 5-10% HOF vote, tops.
  25. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 11:26 AM) 100% fair response, but that’s why it’s called a hot take. The walk rate has been ridiculous and is making me question my own pessimism towards Matt. I’m hopeful that when the weather heats up the power will return. And I’m not suggesting Davidson will ever be a star (he won’t), but potentially a serviceable DH option. Just two weeks ago he was the one guy on the roster I wish wasn’t on it, so this is as hot of a take as I could come up with. If he is taking walks one of two things is going to happen. Either he is still hitting sparsely and they quit walking him, or he starts to get better pitches to hit and takes off. It should be interesting.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.