Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Garza has been backlisted for criticizing the Twins organziation for making him change his style of pitching. Just call him Brian Anderson.
  2. Anyone notice the final score of the Cubs game yesterday without Pinella around? It might be coincidence, but it really seems to me like the problem isn't Zambrano or Barrett in that clubhouse, its Pinella.
  3. QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 31, 2007 -> 09:51 PM) Dickey V said no way he leaves Florida after title game.............WRONG Duke/Carolina BOY!
  4. If we are talking about a guy who is going to be somewhere between 11th and 15th on this roster, I don't much care who we sign. At least Fizer does bring some frontline scoring ability, which would be a nice change.
  5. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 09:39 AM) 40 years of civil rights and we'd be right back to where we started? Segregated bathrooms? Segregated hotels? Sorry, I can't support that in any way. So you are dropping your support of the boy scouts?
  6. Hey Nuke, I think I can get a DVD copy made, or I can get you a VHS copy made. Let me know where you want me to send it, and what format you want. Don't worry about the cost.
  7. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 01:39 PM) Pursue whatever you think is a dream (writing) NOW. You can always fall back on the more secure career (computer networking) later. It's much easier than trying to do it the other way around. Great post. Do what you like, then make it work in the real world. That's what I did.
  8. [Plugs in Steff's addy with SUPER zoom]
  9. It is not real-time. I also was amazed how much more clear the views of the maps are now. I can make out patterns in the rock gardens that the people who owned our house before us left. It doesn't look any better from space either, let me tell you!
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2007 -> 01:39 PM) Right. And I agree. Though a different nickname has been given to this child and it makes no sense. I just want to see if anyone picks it. Maybe if the family starts calling him by something else, and that's what the kid goes by it could happen, but to the layman, it will be Sal.
  11. The Grudge was god awful and a snozefest. I should have listened to my instincts and left early in the movie. The Ring was OK, but there was no real scariness to it. People watched a movie, they died, yawn.
  12. A nickname as in a shorten version of a real name? It'll probably be Sal.
  13. Has anyone played around with this yet? Its pretty crazy.
  14. OK, I think the song is done at that point We'll start a new one here.... Picture yourself on a boat on a river
  15. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:56 AM) Hey Mike, where's me and my umpire?! You had your eyes closed. I didn't notice it when I took the pic. Sorry.
  16. Eh, I find the opposite to be the case as I see it. New "scary" movies are incredibly boring. To me a bunch of gruesome killings doesn't make a movie scary, it makes a movie a snoozefest. Plus usually those types of movies have plotlines you could drive a tank through, which distracts me from anything that might be considered remotely scary anyway... Not to mention that there hasn't be a new "scary" movie made in years, as they are all just remakes or rip-offs of something else.
  17. This ought to be an interesting test of the new, tougher disipline rules. Will they actually step forward and give Vick a suspension of at least half of a season for this stuff? I hope so, otherwise its not worth a damn.
  18. QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:09 PM) Has he even tried to go more than one inning this year? And don't forget, he would have only been facing one batter in the 9th inning no matter what. Coming in and throwing 9 warm-up pitches and 6 pitches or so to Hunter is the same as warming up in between innings in the bullpen. I just think that Ozzie needs to do his best to get MacDougal and Aardsma more action in non-pressure situations in order to get their confidence up. At home you bring in Jenks, on the road you don't.
  19. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:56 AM) I guess I equate that trading with gambling. I'd go nuts looking at daily fluctuations, I could not imagine minute by minute. You are gutsier than I. Heck minute by minute would get you bankrupt. The stuff I deal with is tick to tick. Personally I have no money on the line, and don't plan on doing so. It is sort of like gambling, but there is lots of information out there that can make you a winner, unlike a casino where the house always has an edge.
  20. QUOTE(fathom @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:57 AM) Sorry, meant to say 3b. You play to win the game (thanks Herman). If Jenks retires Hunter, then you have our 3-4-5 coming up, and the Twins have their bottom of the order coming up in the bottom of the inning. And then Jenks has to go a second inning, at least, and historically Jenks doesn't preform very well in that next inning.
  21. QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ May 28, 2007 -> 10:28 AM) FWIW, somebody with a grand total of two posts at WSI posted that he has "reliable" information that Day has been called up. Sounds pretty reliable to me
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I think Tex needs to check out this book. If you have any questions my 19 month old could help you out on manatees http://www.awionline.org/pubs/Quarterly/03-52-4/524p19.htm
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:39 AM) That is interesting and perhaps a generational thing brought on by technology. I was raised to think of stocks as long term investments. Perhaps it would be different if I had life events where I knew I would need to sell. You young kids are so advanced I believe that stocks are a long term investment. But I have worked for nearly 10 years with traders and specialists, so my experience is in day trading type settings. It takes a whole different set of thinking for short term versus long term. One is trading, the other is investing.
  24. So out of curiousity, for those who want to see it, if Kenny Williams were to sell off all of the marketable older parts in the next couple of months, how many of you still be buying tickets to ballgames in September and into 2008? How many would wait for the team to recover and get good again before they went to games again? I know a few people's answers (Steff, I know you will be there), but I am curious to hear if those who are supporting a firesale would still support them team financially.
  25. QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 31, 2007 -> 11:22 AM) Ahh posts like yours make me realize how many people just don't know the game that well and lots of them post on message boards. Here are the words you use: asinine, common sense, managing nonsense, acceptable. Do they teach you in Dekalb that all those words are subjective? Open to interpretation? Opinion based? It has nothing to do with loving Ozzie. Did I say that, did you read that? No. All I said was it was defended yesterday, at length. Doesn't mean that defense was 100% right, or 100% wrong. It was defended, you said it couldn't be defended. I told you that was incorrect. It's really simple, don't read into things that werent said. Now you may go back to your regularly scheduled looking for things to bash Guillen about. Very nice post

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.