Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I kinda figured you'd miss the forest for the trees on this one...
  2. Bloomberg is supposedly ready to spend $1,000,000,000 to try to run for President http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...23142-3314r.htm
  3. QUOTE(Brian @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:37 AM) There is NO WAY that Tony gets flipped. The FBI goes after bosses, see Johnny Sac, they don't try and flip them. I'm starting to agree that killing tony would be a cop out. I wouldn't be surprised if the show ends with Tony behind bars, when was the last time we heard about the RICO case against him? Or with Tony, still as boss, AJ working with him, or something like that. Who knows? Could go in any direction. They could use him to get to the New York family... Like I said, it is just a theory, but they seem to be dropping a ton of hints that way.
  4. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 15, 2007 -> 09:28 AM) The one major difference between Carter and Bush is the economy. The bottom line is, if the economy were the same in 2004 as it was in 1980, JFK II would have won in a landslide. The interesting this is how similar many of the economic conditions in both eras were.
  5. I can't wait until NOW starts screaming discrimination...
  6. http://www.charlotte.com/129/story/114094.html Any word on what is wrong?
  7. I don't know if it is true or not, but it adds an interesting twist to this deal... http://daily.phanaticmag.com/2007/05/howar...e-lifeless.html
  8. Historically, I don't think there will ever be a real change. There always seems to be a divide between the groups that are socially OK to look down on, and those that are protected. I don't see that changing.
  9. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 15, 2007 -> 07:43 AM) All good comments Mike, but I wonder if we aren't missing something in that definition. I think there needs some actual damages, some opportunity denied, access, promotions, perhaps violence against, and that body of human misdeeds before elevating. By comparing the histories of blacks, Hispanics, and blonds in this country, there are some stark contrasts. Maybe that is why we are less sensitive to blond or pollack jokes and more sensitive to black and Hispanic issues? You don't think if we program stereotyping into people's heads that opportunities are going to be denied? It wouldn't be a hard leap of faith to think that someone who had a blonde and a brunnette in front of them would not hire the blonde, because somewhere in the back of their mind they believe that the brunette has to be smarter than the blonde.
  10. What a great episode. I won't rehash anything that has been said already, but they are really laying the ground work for Tony to flip to states evidence. There are little hints all over the place, but think about it... Tony is getting sick of everyone who works for him, except maybe Sil, heck he even killed Chrissy, and really thought about killing Pauly. One big hint was the scene where Tony calls Carm to tell him about Chris's death, and her laptop is open to homes in Panama City FL. There are also illusions to the first season with Tony's ducks a couple of different times in this episode, which is one of the few things that totally relaxed Tony in this entire series. Its another hint of getting away from it all. Then there is the obvious trip to Vegas without anyone else, to get away from the stresses of his job. Also add in earlier his cooperation with the feds on the two potential terrorists laying the groundwork for him to cooperate a little more and a little more. Finally we have the feds trying to get a RICO indictment against Tony, which could be the tipping point to finally make him decide to protect himself in the ultimate manner. Heck even if you think back to the scenes after he was shot and was on deaths door, there are some hints that could also be taken out of there where Tony has a new identity and living in Arizona. Who knows if it will happen, but the groundwork is there.
  11. I have this thing against people who beat up women... No thanks.
  12. That's excellent stuff, well except for spelling like a Canadian...
  13. I really wish Griffey had gotten to stay healthy and was the one making a run at Aaron. It would have been nice to see a good guy break the record, not only for the good of the game, but also so we would have to hear about "racism" being why people don't want Bonds to break the record.
  14. QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 14, 2007 -> 10:36 AM) The only reason why I don't think he has too much of a shot is because I think there's going to be some dirt come out on him (from *AHEM* Republicans - but not really) about two weeks before N.H. and Iowa. Then, some more will come out right before super-duper-pooper-super-mega-win it all-you can't possibly lose this- Tuesday... the Clintons aren't stupid. And, I will add that I think this is what's wrong with politics today. It's not substance, it's about keeping your nose cleaner then the other guy (or gal). I think it will be connected his indicted next door neighbor... just a hunch QUOTE(Soxy @ May 14, 2007 -> 10:39 AM) Even if it was about substance I don't think Obama could win. I think he is all surface and avoids taking hard stands on anything so he can pander to the middle. Plus, there's something about him that I just don't trust. At least with Hillary you know you're getting the HBIC (head b**** in charge), but with Obama, I have no clue what lies beneath the smoke and mirror stuff. That worked for both eight years of Clinton and Bush. There wasn't too much substance during the campaigns of either of them. Intentionally vague seems to be the most electable trend because then people can apply whatever specific traits they want to the glittering generalities that they hear. QUOTE(Damen @ May 14, 2007 -> 03:20 PM) You have terrible reading comprehension, and resort to s***ty sarcasm way too often. All I'm asking for is the evidence behind these claims you guys throw around like fact. Apparently I'm asking too much. Seriously? Google it. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 14, 2007 -> 05:24 PM) So here's the question I'm interested in...which is more effective, the Clinton spin machine/smear machine/whatever you want to call it, or the machine the Bush admininstration has turned on anyone who crossed it? They both are incredibly effective, but I would say the Clinton machine, because for whatever reason, things seemed to go away quicker when they happened, no matter what they were.
  15. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 13, 2007 -> 10:21 PM) bastard And we welcome Cubans with open arms. Just wondering about other areas, how many retail shops, dry cleaners, etc. are owned by immigrants where you live? While it is easy to take a shot at immigrants just wanting to sponge off the taxpayers, I see a lot working their asses off starting businesses here. Which is fine. What isn't fine is foreign governments using us as a dumping ground for their unwanted citizens (ie namely poor and problematic) and then using our burgeoning social programs as a rallying cry against our country for propaganda purposes.
  16. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 10:28 PM) I had no idea "blonde" was a slur...my apologies... When it is used to stereotype a group with a negative connotation it is just as much of a slur as someone referring to any other group of people negatively by a commonly accepted name. Telling stupid blonde jokes and telling lazy Mexican jokes fall under the same category. By themselves Mexicans and blondes don't have negative connotations, but when you start attaching labels to group based on mindless stereotyping, the somehow it changes for one, but not the other, group. Certian races seem to have this same "immunity" from protection as well.
  17. There is one way to cut gas prices... Cut demand. Period. Taxes are actually a help toward keeping gas prices lower than they are, because higher prices would usually serve to stunt demand (all though gasoline is a strange commodity, and doesn't behave normally from a supply and demand standpoint). This protest is just stupid, because it doesn't stop the actual problem.
  18. QUOTE(fathom @ May 13, 2007 -> 04:14 PM) It's funny reading this thread to see how many people thought the loss of Hall wouldn't be a big deal. 0 for 16 later by Molina....I wonder if they still think a back-up catcher who can hits lefties wouldn't benefit this offense? LOL. Yeah, I am sure its not Konerko, Dye, Thome's injury, Iguchi, or Crede's offense costing us games, it is the 16 ABs in 30 something games by the back up catcher
  19. With the way the offense is hitting, why not try something? Its not like he benched a bunch of guys tearing the cover off of the ball. What we could have lost 11-5 instead? OH no.
  20. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 13, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) Soxtalk is b****ing because we have absolutely no offensive attack. Where the Twins have pirahnas, we barely have guppies. The irony is that the Twins nickname comes from them working hard and winning games they have no business winning. We are hitting in the low .220's, have won 6 of 9, and three straight series, and get mocked for it. The rookie pitching imploded for one game. Eh, it happens.
  21. Happy Birthday Ian!
  22. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ May 12, 2007 -> 01:19 PM) Just curious, who supplied those figures for the amount they spend Were they reported by the Cuban government? I realize that the source is biased, but have you lokoed at any reports about their healthcare that haven't come from government sanctioned sources? Blogs would be about the only thing, I guess, since it isn't likely castro would let a truely free press make him look bad. Interesting pictures and stories here: http://www.therealcuba.com/Page10.htm Plus, it has been reported that the reason the infant mortality rate is low is due to the high number of abortions performed. Of course, this info comes from an NRLC story, so I guess they would be a bit more biased that Castro. http://www.nrlc.org/news/2001/NRL03/rai.html Somewhere in the middle, perhaps, lies the true Cuba healthcare system. Economies of scale is the interesting problem here, and in a lot of cases around the world. Sure this works when you are talking about 3 million people, but how well would it work for 300 million? And if it works so well for 3 million people, why are people risking their lives in shanty boats to get to where it doesn't work?
  23. QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 13, 2007 -> 09:48 AM) If they are a student organization, they receive funds and support from the school. I'm in agreement with Tex here. There's a difference of several orders of magnitude of Nuke and his buddies cracking a racist joke amongst friends, and a school-sponsered club holding a party with racial slurs and stereotypes. Replace all of the "spics" with "n*****s" on those kids' shirts. Still seem OK to you? Just "brush it off?" Or replace them all with "blonde" or "pollack" and see if anyone even notices...
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 11, 2007 -> 12:19 PM) Yes, but there are other forces at work here that the article failed to address as well. Yeah, look at the companies whose sales are up, and tell me if they represent a niche.
  25. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2007 -> 08:43 AM) Why, as of late, he has been our best lefty out of the pen. Boy they cannot use him as a man for sucking up innings. He has to come in, get his couple of batters, and get out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.