Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Poor media.........Boo-Hoo!
A little bit of note on that... The Sox are the first team in MLB to do this, but not the first sports franchise. This has happened a lot more in the NBA, and there is no such thing as a close press box in the NHL or NFL. The big difference is the press row is more of a permanent fixture in a baseball stadium versus the NHL and NBA who tend to share arenas meaning their areas tend to be more temporary anyway. Trust me, this will be the norm in 5 years.
-
AAP: Brandon Allen
Allen is repeated Kannapolis of the SAL. He really needs to cut down on his strikeouts if he is going to start to climb the ladder in the Sox system. The one thing he has going for him is that he is still only 21 years old, and has time to learn and still make it.
-
Poor media.........Boo-Hoo!
IMO $5 million in revenue>where the press sits for free.
-
Postgame Thread 4/8
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:57 AM) They REALLY miss Danks. 80 some odd posts on a guy that is no longer in Texas. I just had to smile reading it. I shouldn't mention the Frank Thomas 500 thread right now should I Anyway, I really think Danks and Brandon will cancel each other out once all is said and done. I think both of them will settle in the middle of their respective rotations over the next few years. Massett is the guy they are really going to miss when all is said and done. His stuff is just electric, and he really seems to have a plan on how to use it.
-
Postgame Thread 4/8
QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 11:35 AM) http://www.lonestarball.com/story/2007/4/8/122828/4500 Gamethread from yesterday, but from Texas fans. Pretty good stuff. Good god that was like reading the MLB boards.
-
Postgame Thread 4/8
Danks was pretty tough yesterday. If he goes out and gives us that kind of an outing every 5th day, I will be thrilled.
-
Toby Hall Update
It would be nice to get him back ASAP.
-
House votes to protect "John Doe's"
QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 09:40 PM) Oh, and if they are wearing that black, oversized hooded sweatsuit when it is 90 degrees out, I am gonna report it. I'm not. If there is a possibility my life or the life of my family could be ruined, there isn't a chance.
- Happy Easter!
-
Possible message board title
How about "The Voice of Everyday City"?
-
SOX FIRESALE BY JUNE
QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 10:37 PM) hello, Delray Brooks f*** Rogers, Elston all of the way!!!
-
SOX FIRESALE BY JUNE
BOO! scared you, didn't I?
-
Rocking on!
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 08:00 PM) They warn you about these things when you get to around 18000. Rule #1, those with 45,000 + posts, make the rules.
-
Possible message board title
Many of you know that I run a little message board specifically for my hometown. I have been trying to think of a title for it, well besides the domain name, and I had an idea last night, but I am not quite sure how to say it. I wanted to describe it as something like "The voice of a City" or "The Voice of the City's people", or "the voice of the common people" or something like that... Basically what I want to hear is if "common" is a good word to use or not, or just stick with something else. Thoughts?
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
Massett has been a God send for the two games he has pitched. This would have been really ugly if he had pitched like a guy in his first two games in the majors. Seriously, if Buehrle is out for any amount of time, Masset has to be considered for the 5th spot.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:33 PM) They liked him for it before. Hes 50 pitches deep right now, hitting 94 mph on the gun, and is showing the ability to get groundouts, jam batters, and strike guys out. I would say he has a strong chance. He's at 50 pitches this outing, they could push him to 75 next time, which with an OK outing would get him through 5 innings.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
Silly question, could Masset be working himself into fifth start consideration with his couple of outings if MB can't take the ball next time?
-
Gosh darn you Ryan Garko thread
QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 02:24 PM) Do they have an X-ray machine in the ballpark? Anyway, glad to hear that it's only a bruise. Yes they do.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
Tad is so much more dangerous to RF vs pulling the ball.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
I see a 5-4-3 in our future for some reason...
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
Guess this means a starter is getting called up soon...
-
Gosh darn you Ryan Garko thread
No break=best possible news.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:59 PM) Podsednik walks on 5 pitches. 2 straight walks. Erstad up 1 out. VMart to the mound. Thank you. The gamecasts are all sorts of screwed up right now.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/5/07 (W)
Wow, a one pitch out for Sizemore!
-
Huggins to WVU
What an opportunist little b****. I bet K-State is really happy they gave his a second chance now.