Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 02:52 PM) Does sharing and cooperation equal socialism? Where does teaching kids to share cross over into socialism? "Damn Socialist! My kid got all the cool pieces fair and square, now give them back to him right now!" How could you stomach a lesson from John 21:15? I guess I prefer the oppresive and unfair capitialist system, versus penalizing the smart, talented, hardworkers, go getters, etc. There is a big difference between helping your neighbor and having the government just take it anyways. I like the freedom aspect, but I guess that is just me.
  2. I think that I am most upset that it seems to be OK to teach socialism, but not Christianity.
  3. I think Kenny Rogers needs to make a list, because Karma is kicking his ass right now.
  4. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:12 PM) I'm not sure about this. KW lit into Sisco earlier in st, and Ozzie was reportedly ticked about Logan's walks in one of the last B games. Kenny lights into a lot of people. In the end, he is going to want to give his guys the first chance at the brass ring. He has proven that time and time again.
  5. Donavan to Kentucky would be a coup. I would have to break out the old Travis Ford jersey in celebration.
  6. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 08:29 AM) Just out of curiosity... if they keep him, he sits 10 and shows up for game 11, what happens if the Bears don't put him in uniform? Or if they just release him? He doesn't get paid in that case then, correct? Even if the Bears suspend him, it counts as a year of service.
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 01:42 PM) So you favor a class-based system? Tell me how that would work. Nice word twist BTW.
  8. QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 01:19 PM) "assumptions that mirrored those of a class-based, capitalist society — a society that we teachers believe to be unjust and oppressive" is NOT a middle ground. Maybe if you worked for the New York Times...
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 12:07 PM) Yes they can. However, when Thome was traded from the Phillies to the Sox, he indicated he would only waive that clause if he was going to the Indians or the Sox, because he wanted to stay in the midwest and have a chance to DH. He said he would have considered the Cubs as well FWIW...
  10. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 08:49 AM) Looking at some Ozzie quotes in today's Sun Times, regarding Logan's demotion... Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but I get the impression that maybe Ozzie wanted Logan on the team, and he was overridden (I assume by Kenny) to take Sisco instead. If that's the case, you've got KW putting Sisco (boo) and Anderson (yay) on the team, over Ozzie's preferences. I think Kenny is one of the best GM's in the game, but I do wonder if sometimes he is a little too interested in showing the world his trades were good. Which is weird because I think the Sisco trade WAS good, even if Sisco is in AAA this year. And I still think the Chris Young trade was good, even though Anderson struggled last year. Why rush Sisco? I doubt KW's job is in immediate jeopardy. I just don't see the logic there. I said this earlier in the thread. Kenny got what Kenny wanted in the 25 man roster. I can't think of a spot where Ozzie won out. I hate to say this because I don't like the choices that were made, but I guess I have to give Kenny the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
  11. I guess its time to fold em...
  12. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:40 PM) but it doesn't give any information about what happened in lines that don't make it to the present. Psst... they go extinct. But you didn't hear that from me.
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 11:47 AM) Happy B-Day Kap. I'm sorry to inform you that the team has decided to reassign you to AAA Charlotte. Daz cuz I make de line up card! I keep kapkomito instead!
  14. Isn't 10-15 million years pretty much instanteous when it comes to the planets timeline?
  15. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:36 AM) I do have a question. How come none of the Lost crew is manning the TV viewing station, just in case something happens? Seems like it might be something they want to keep an eye on. I would guess it is more of a safety in numbers thing, but I have no idea.
  16. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:06 AM) Where do you think these computers are manufactured? Ah yellow media bias. NOW it all makes sense
  17. QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:31 AM) notice how they all look the same, with those round faces and silly smiles. not to mention that they are all yellow, why no white American smilies?
  18. Yeah, yeah, Iran, Iraq.... I'm an American, its all the same to me
  19. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:19 AM) The thing that I didn't get was Paulo had some pretty importatnt informatin and didn't tell anyone. The radio may come in handy as well. Why didn't he jsut say that he found the gum in a different bag, that was really stupid. Sawyer was pretty helpful as well that was odd. I think the diamonds may have a purpose at a future point. Episode was ok. Have we ever seen the science teacher before? Yeah, he was the guy who blew him self up with the old nitroglycern that they eventually used to blow the first hatch.
  20. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 11:09 PM) It's been obvious all spring that this organization was going to keep the guys they traded for over the ones that earned a spot, and that 3 lefties in the pen was not an option. Hence Aardsma over Haeger, Sisco over Logan, and Aardsma and Masset being locks. Only reason Floyd didn't make it is we aren't carrying 12 pitchers. Sadly, that appears obviously how they are making decisions. This is exactly it. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 12:17 AM) Even without tangible proof available (other than statistics), I believe Williams entered spring training with the preconceived notion that atleast four of his offseason acquisitions (via trade) would make the ballclub. You have: Floyd Gonzalez Massett Danks Aardsma Sisco He probably felt Floyd would earn the 5th starters spot (and was anointed the favorite early) and Massett, Aardsma, Sisco would enter the bullpen. Danks earning the position in the 5th role allowed Williams to somewhat save face and send down Floyd. Can anyone seriously suggest anyone aside from Danks earned a roster position? In a perfect world, Aardsma and Sisco would be in AAA and Haeger and Logan would be preparing for Chicago. I'm still wondering how Massett was basically handed a bullpen spot last week... Doubt me if you will, but it sure wouldn't look good for Williams if only a couple names from the offseason were to make the ballclub. everyone blaming Ozzie for this spring hasn't gotten it by now, they might never get it. For all of the talking Ozzie does, his opinion doesn't mean a damned thing. He wanted Brian Anderson gone, he is on the team. He is getting stuck with all of Kenny Williams aquisitions from over the winter, until further notice. This is all about Kenny Williams looking good. Ozzie hasn't factored in her at all. If these guys suck, Kenny Williams is the one who needs to be put on notice.
  21. The timing kind of sucked, but it was cool how those little bits we saw them, meant something big to the overall plot, which we had no idea about.
  22. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:25 AM) This was designed to overshadow the fact that we're doing miliary excercises right off their coast. Actually I am going to disagree with you. The whole thrust of their build ups, things such as buying missiles, supplying the nuclear know-how etc, has been that it is all for peaceful and defensive purposes. They have been playing the victim to American aggression card like it is going out of style. This actually would have been the perfect chance for them to cry victim again, as the American military is now playing outside of their sandbox. Kidnapping someone else's military doesn't play into that at all. This move is to try to unite the public inside Iraq behind the government.
  23. Chris Sligh is gone, which is kinda too bad. I liked his personality, but there is no denying he sucked this last week. Its too bad Haley and Sanjaya are still on the show because it literally makes it unwatchable. It is a complete joke. Mark my words, this vote for the worst stuff is going to be the beginning of the end for Idol. This season is just terrible.
  24. Server god? More like our b****! Happy Birthday old man!!!
  25. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:17 AM) That thieving conniving b***h deserved her fate if she ended up suffocating. I kind of felt bad for Paulo, although he was just as bad. I didnt get why the spiders attacked all of the sudden, it seemed random that every Medusa spider in the area converged and started biting. Maybe I missed an earlier episode or something. There was the scene early on with the egoish science teacher where he has the female in the jar, and when Nikki goes to open it up, he tells here not to because she will emit something that will attract all of the males in the area.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.