Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(rpmahr @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 01:54 PM) i was wondering how fast tickets usually sell out online when tickets go on sale on feb 16...im assuming cubs/sox is prolly as fast as playoff tickets did but wat about half price monday and like new york and boston series any information would be appreciated Opening day and the games vs the Cubs will not be offered to the public in all likilhood. They use those tickets as bait to sell other packages. The other big games will fill up in the first few days.
  2. Throw me into the surprised it was that low group. American's in general are completely clueless about what goes on around them, and even more clueless about what the rest of the world is like, and how they think.
  3. Yep, they are totally ready to take over Iraq from us.
  4. We talked to Stewart, but his price was too high and we went with Erstad. The Stewart stuff is dead.
  5. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 05:12 PM) Screw this...take a Gage to the superbowl...all you got to do is give me a ticket and get me transportation there (and I have to be home on Sunday night so I can go to work or ass early Monday morning otherwise I'm fired). Do you put out?
  6. No pod= no podcast
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 09:34 AM) That would indicate the problem lays with the Dems who respond in the Dem thread? No, I believe that each person is responsible for their own actions. Hence it takes two to tango. How very GOP of me
  8. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 09:05 AM) What isn't reflected in the totals, and I can't answer this because I rarely venture in the GOP, is the nature of the posts. Are the Dems coming over there and arguing? Are debates flaring up between Dems and GOP in that thread like they are here? That is a bigger issue IMHO than post counts. And it should also be asked, is the site better or worse if there is a totally partisan area that allows for hyperbole? That allows for each side to commiserate? I thought yes. Still do. To be honest, the Dems most get ignored in the GOP thread as I see it. It does take two to tango.
  9. QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 08:52 AM) I never said it wasn't just the GOPers doing it. I just rarely read that thread, so I don't know how big of a problem it is. I think I've posted once or twice over in that thread, but then I realized how silly it is to do so. I try to respect your guys' right to have hyperbolic conversations about politics (much like the ones that happen in this thread). Or at the very least, not go over to your thread and act like an asshole. I wouldn't treat someone with disrespect in their own house, and that's just how it comes across in these threads. If there was some sort of meaningful discussion, sure fine. But here (and probably in the GOP thread) it's just "snark, snark, snark, you guys are just as bad, snark." Which is exactly what the rest of the filibuster is. We've had some good discussions with Republicans in this thread (I think Yas was involved with a good one recently), but some of them are just f***ing ridiculous. Either have a discussion or b**** and moan in your own thread. Oh f*** it, nevermind. I wasn't trying to upset you, I was just trying to show that these threads lost their purpose a long time ago. 99% of the time I try to avoid posting here, just because I like to try to avoid this exact thing.
  10. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 03:57 PM) Horrible. Two things: Why? Also, did anyone else have a bit of hard time following this story while reading it? I don't like the way the writer kept jumping back and forth... Its standard procedure if the defendant either won't enter a plea, or they feel he isn't capable of making a plea.
  11. QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 30, 2007 -> 08:30 AM) I did follow Tex's link. I just find it very funny that so many republicans constantly post here and are all offended by stuff that is thrown around in this thread. And I don't see how my post has anything remotely to do with a tantrum. I would actually say your post was more waaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaa mean old dems. And it wasn't an attempt to show wit, it was merely an observation. I have to put all of my graduate training to use at some point, right? Just for discussion's sake, here are the top 5 from the GOP thread and the Dems thread along with the percentages of total posts in those threads. According to the numbers, it doesn't look like the GOP thread has been left alone either, so the whole idea of "only" threads has been long gone for quite a while now. I was also surprised that the GOP thread has way more balance it in, as the top 5 posters in the Dems thread own almost 70% of its posts, while the top 5 in the GOP thread hold only just under half of thread. The myth that the GOPers are the only ones doing this is busted IMO.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Buying a new OS is like buying the first year of a new car model, you just never do it. You wait and let the bugs get worked out, then you move in when the problems are all fixed.
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 01:15 PM) Like there was seriously any doubt as to who was going to be on top in this thread. The only thing that psuedo-surprised me was the fact that you had almost as many posts as the entire GOP thread.
  14. QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 10:54 PM) How do we all feel about the assertion that Fields' bat is about as good as Crede's? If past history is any indication, I fully expect Josh Fields to struggle through a couple of seasons, before finally getting it. I think the potential is there, but it is years away from being reality if it does happen. His swing still looks really long, and that will cost him for a while.
  15. Contreras should have been the starter last year on opening day, but the Sox rewarded MB for being here the longest. No more Mr Niceteam I guess.
  16. So in the last few days we have had a sick baby, the motor in the washer burn out, and the starter on the old car go out....
  17. I like Masset making the team as a reliever, and Sisco going back to Charlotte to straighten him out into a starter.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to jasonxctf's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 01:32 PM) Signed, Kap, Certified Pain (in the) Ass. Can't.Pass.Again.
  19. QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 29, 2007 -> 08:14 AM) wtf is this doing in this thread? And, I would be really curious to see who the top 5 posters in this thread are. Really curious. I believe the Freudian term is: reaction formation. . . Top 5
  20. Somehow living in a 150 million dollar house while preaching to others about energy effecient lightbulbs rings a little hollow with me. If you really want to preach about conservation and preserving the earth, here is a crazy idea, living a in piddly little million dollar house. Think of how many lightbulbs you will never use, and how much energy THAT would save.
  21. QUOTE(NUKE @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 03:27 PM) It would also be a big help if high schools taught such a class. The basis for my considerable knowledge of money matters comes from the "Applied Economics" class I took when I went to high school. It covered a wide range of topics from investments to loans to debt management and a few other things. This was at Bogan High in the Chicago Public Schools system too. Pet peeve here.... Its not applied economics, its applied finance.
  22. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 01:10 PM) Ask any Sox fan why Robin Ventura left. Also ask them about the White Flag trade. Also if you stop and think about your question for a second... If the Sox are letting a player leave, there is probably a reason behind it. Why would they keep players who are aft-injured, clubhouse cancers, greedy, etc? That doesn't make any sense. I did forget Aaron Rowand who was turned into a demi-god when he left by the Sox.
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 09:08 AM) In my lifetime we can go back to Fisk. When was the last time a player left and it was the club's fault? The player is always greedy, injured, club house cancer, etc. Ask any Sox fan why Robin Ventura left. Also ask them about the White Flag trade. Also if you stop and think about your question for a second... If the Sox are letting a player leave, there is probably a reason behind it. Why would they keep players who are aft-injured, clubhouse cancers, greedy, etc? That doesn't make any sense.
  24. From what I understand I am 98% sure it was her... Also good for Kenny for standing up for his mistakes. Maybe some people could learn from his example...
  25. QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2007 -> 02:11 PM) Seriously, I had no idea Soxfest was this weekend. The marketing department did a poor job advertising. I read both Chicago papers during the week and I don't recall either posting upcoming previews about this. They sold out. How much more marketing do you need?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.