Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 11:33 AM) Something will go down soon involving KW if history is any guide. And I hope to God it doesn't involve CF. It sounds like Vernon Wells is out there... just sayin.
  2. Looking at our other options, and knowing Neal can pitch, keep him.
  3. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) For me or someone else? For the purpose of this North-South party, you want to put it as somewhere in the center of the current population. That doesn't mean being in the middle on everything, though. For example, you may be for civil unions but for leaving the marriage question to the states (no amendment at U.S. level). That would be considered moderate because its in the middle of that range of views. But you also may be pro-choice or pro-life, and then have a stand on some other issue that is with the opposite party. As SS2K5 said, you need some variety of views, from both parties. So you might, say, side with the GOP on affirmative action and the 2nd amendment, but side with the Dems on abortion and gay marriage. On the net, you are a moderate. But the key, to me, is the financial angle. Fiscal discipline, running the government like a business, etc. EDIT: I just got a wicked thread idea. I think we're going to have an election right here on Soxtalk... Ooh, fun. BTW, good post of what I was thinking on "moderate". I think most Americans tend to be socially moderate and fiscally conservative.
  4. Yawn. Chick flick, no thanks.
  5. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:26 AM) Cool. I'll run as your veep. We can be the North-South party. How fun would that be? The real issue is that you need at least one front man to put the party into the limelight, and ideally it would take breakaways from both parties to get it into the mainstream. Ross Perot's group got a lot of attention, but it was easy to pigeonhole them as nutcases because they were all from one group.
  6. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 09:12 AM) I definitely agree that a viable third party would go a long way towards getting things moving a little better. But that will be a serious uphill climb. If anyone would like to form a new party, which is socially moderate and fiscally conservative, I'm in with ya. Maybe we can call it the Yankee party, like the article had called that profile. I think it describes a significant chunk of America, and yet, its MIA in the political process. Count me in. Heck put me on the ballot.
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 13, 2006 -> 08:10 AM) And witnessing is a great tradition of Christians. Shall we study all the Missions in the US and Mexico? Remember the Alamo! Did I ever claim it didn't? I was adressing a falsehood in LCRs statement, not the history of Christianity. Believe me I know if I asked, I would get a thesis on every evil ever done in its name.
  8. If we have learned anything about Kenny, if he is going to make a FA move, it will be right away, or it will be at the very end searching the bargain bin. he will not get into a bidding war for anyone.
  9. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 08:35 PM) This faux outrage in this thread is almost as comical as Daniel Pipes' "invisible radar" in his head that tells him who the people are that want to create an Islamic state in the US. Actually this would be a very true statement. Part of the charge of Islam is to make EVERY nation an Islamic state. I have no doubt that there are people working in the USA today to make this happen.
  10. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Nov 12, 2006 -> 10:14 AM) I agree. TXU here kept asking for rate increases last year when the Nat. Gas prices climbed... do you think they asked for reductions when the price went down? Hell no. Bastards. Besides if you had read a newspaper for anything like the last month to 6 weeks, you would have heard OPEC crying about this, and them talking about cutting product to artificially shore up prices.
  11. You know you are completely right... there's this group of evil manipulative leaders who try to control everything and decide how people should live their lives... you might have heard of them... OPEC?
  12. Hmm I figured he would have waited a little longer, but on the other hand, this is the time to be able to separate himself from Bush, while it is still acceptable.
  13. This deal reminds me of the Sox deal for David Wells after 2000. Let's hope it has the same results on the field.
  14. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 02:29 PM) Sheffield was traded to the Tigers http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...gers/index.html ...and a two year extension! Great move for the Yankees. Sheffield is going to be interesting in an already attitude filled clubhouse with Irod, Maggs, and Kenny Rogers.
  15. Chuck Rangel, "who the hell wants to live in Mississippi?"
  16. The question is not only what is the guy worth, but how much is it worth to Boston to keep him away from the Yankees, ala Contreras and the Red Sox.
  17. http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....xml&src=rss
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 01:00 PM) i'm looking forward to the jim-dwight moments more than i am the jim-pam moments. ^^^^
  19. QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 12:54 PM) I guess it's better than the Yankees. Its the choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 10:52 AM) haha i got that one. Kansas will lose to a nobody team in the first round of the NCAA basketball tourney this year.
  21. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 29, 2006 -> 07:09 AM) someone cut the persons breathing tubes ....someone said that already...doh. DING] And this weeks question
  22. Good questions and comments, but remember we are warned to be aware of false prophets in the bible. It is stated that many will pose as men of God, yet be mouthpieces for the devil. The key is always the connection between you and God, not between you, someone else, and God.
  23. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Nov 10, 2006 -> 10:08 AM) Karen v. Pam... its coming. If I had to guess, I suspect that Jim will wind up with Karen first... which will probably make Pam flip out. But this shows been pretty unpredictable the season... so we shall see. Also, I love the idea of Dwight v. Andy (Ed Helms character). I sorta think that Andy won't come to Scranton though... Lastly, there's obviously going to be some conflict between Jim (who's getting promoted) and Dwight... that will certainly piss Dwight off.. How awesome would it be if they promoted Jim to Assistant Regional Manager instead of Dwight?
  24. Round is a "shape"
  25. lol. I love it when writers have no clue...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.