Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Rumor is the first thing they are going to show is a reality series call the "Kansas City Royals Bullpen".
  2. Welcome to maple bats.
  3. They should have just had a Willie Harris Happy Hour.
  4. QUOTE(tigerfan @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 12:05 AM) For fans of Whose Line is it Anyway, this one is a must see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Qw9Mr6n3M One of the best and funniest moments in the show IMO. The best moment ever for Who's Line is when they had on Richard Simmons... and its not even close.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 30, 2006 -> 08:53 AM) 95 Tbird that I put 150,000 miles Montero Sport. Once I hit 60,000 135, 000 out of a base model 1992 Cavelier 120,000 out of a 1993 Sunbird 99,000 from my 1988 Daytona 60,000 on the PT Cruiser To achieve that many miles, you're either are 97 years old.... or drive a 16-wheeler with the wrong rig Or most likely around here... a commuter from the burbs to the city.
  6. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 04:03 PM) Yep, yet some employers still get pissed if they get less than a 2 weeks notice. What's the point? They're gonna bounce you on the spot anyway. They expect loyalty and respect, but can't give it in return. I was at a job where I had saved and rolled over all of my vacation time for like 2 years, so I took a month off and as soon as I got back, walked off the job. Needless to say, they were very unhappy and were trying to find a way to screw me out of my vacation pay. They even got their attorney involved who told them there was nothing they could do. I quit giving a crap what my employers thought once I realized that 99% of companies won't extent you the same common courtesies that they ask for out of you.
  7. I want to get this... I really like The Who a lot. I'd really like to see a full production of Tommy one day.
  8. QUOTE(BobDylan @ Oct 28, 2006 -> 06:49 PM) Got the answer yet SS2k5? I guess its a weekly column, I'll bump this when they put the next one into the paper.
  9. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 01:58 PM) thats not even true at all But if you say it enough times it is...
  10. I sent in the waterbed answer, and it was wrong FWIW. I'll let you all know when I find out what the real answer is.
  11. It seems like for now at least this is a dead story, but the Sox did make a very serious run at Alex. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...coop.wednesday/
  12. This is a column from our local paper... anyone know the answer? I haven't figured it out myself, so I don't know either.
  13. Peace to the family and friends RIP
  14. Forget who now? Anyways, yeah there doesn't even have to be a compromise reached. Half the battle is that there is such an effective job, for the most part, on presenting each side of the story, that even if we never agree, we understand why the other side thinks the way that they do. Even if nothing ever comes of this and I get trounced at the polls, this is one of the neatest things I have ever done. I'll remember it forever.
  15. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 09:26 AM) the best part is my new job asked if I could start earlier...so I'll be paid by two places at the same time. whatever, sounds good to me. I did the samething. I could have taken the serverence and sat out a while and lived off of that, but I decided to go ahead and be able to pay some stuff off and have some money for once.
  16. I guess that is becoming more and more popular with companies not wanting people to stick around after they give their notice. I just got my serverence package today from my last job, and I gotta say that it is nice getting paid to go away.
  17. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 10:47 AM) Judging by the moves some of those teams make I really don't think some of them would win anything regardless of whether they were the highest salaried teams in the league. Obviously there were other things that would have been nice, but I'll take 5 more years without a strike myself. They can continue to negotiate the other things on the side knowing that regardless of what happens in that sense you'll still have baseball. A world wide draft would have absolutely no chance of success. Sure it sounds cool, but the logistics of it are near impossible. Especially when you consider some of those players that would be eligible are professionals in other leagues (especially Japan) and those professionals are not going to want to come here and get drafted and have no say on there contract or team they go to. They are leaving one major league for another major league and have the right to options and some say. As far as draft pick slotting, technically MLB has suggested slot prices and by and large the MLB draft works very well when it comes to salary. In the late 90's there was a short run with ridiculous contracts but right now they are very in control as opposed to the NFL and almost as good as the NBA and considering all the rounds in the MLB draft they do an absolutely outstanding job. A salary floor/ceiling will absolutely never work. IF they went after that idea we'd be enjoying a spring of no baseball a year from now and probably would miss at the minimum one full season of baseball, maybe more. The problem is under the current system it was the high payroll teams that were getting the extra draft picks (think of when the White Sox lost a good size group of FA's and we had a ton of 1st/2nd round picks even though we had a league avg to above avg payroll). The Yanks/BoSox have been in similar boats at times as well. I know you don't like the idea, but I really think a world wide draft levels the playing field for teams that do not have the resources to scout world wide. You give foreign players an early deadline to file by so that everyone knows who is available before hand. It would work the same way for US HS and college players who would have to formally submit their name. #1 it prevents the rediculousness of things like the posting system in Japan, the Cuban exiles who go to a third country first, etc. #2 It means that teams who trade all of their US prospects away can't just buy the best guys on the world market, which is currently exempt from the draft. Now if you add to that system slotting salaries based on draft position, you really allow the bottom teams to have an actual chance of leveling the playing field by bringing in real talent from the entire world. I know it would be a fight to get, and of course that's why it will never get done in baseball, but it would be incredible for the health of the entire game, instead of just worrying about what George wants. Both of these ideas are in place in the NBA and have done wonders to balance out the league a bit.
  18. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 08:18 AM) Rock & Roll, man! That's fantastic. If only I could vote in MC. You know what, I would be remiss if I didn't give Soxtalk some credit for all of this. One of the things the political discussions have taught me over the years here is that I have to be detailed, accurate, well-read, and well-researched. Its also really reinforced the ability to interpret, synthisize, and analyze information and put into theory that fits the arguements at hand. Its weird to think that argueing with a bunch of strangers for the most part could be the potential jump start to a political career, but I know it sure has done some good when I look back on it, even with the stinking treehuggers Thanks again guys, and keep bringing it. We only get stronger and smarter through the quality exchanges.
  19. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 08:29 AM) Are donations tax deductable? No they are not. http://taxes.about.com/od/2005taxes/qt/charitabledonat.htm
  20. Damn something else just hit me. There might not be a second island. If there is, how did Hurely get from their camp back to the rest of his group? I think Ben really pulled another bigger con on Sawyer.
  21. What an excellent episode. They do such a good job at the mind games. I loved Ben totally nailing Sawyer, and using Kate to do it. I also really thought Jack was going to save that chick and end up in their good grace, and instead she died, so they have even more reason to hate the guy now. Also the thing with Desmond seemingly having the ability to see into the future now is just creepy. I really wonder where they are going with that now?
  22. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 12:17 AM) .....for 300 million U.S. Citizens? I really not too big of a fans on telephone or internet polls anyways. My brother loves messing with them (giving the same answer to two conflicting questions,) but I usually tells them I have zero interest in politics and I don't even know who the president is. Yeah, amazing isn't it? When the statistical margin of error is +/- 3%, that is considered a pretty statistically significant survey.
  23. Oops. Not good timing. I wonder how he got in?
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2006 -> 11:03 PM) It is so cool following this. I'm praying the voters there know a great candidate when they see one. And if not, maybe they will vote for me anyway
  25. Well evidently I got another BIG "endorsement" There is a local guy who does a TV show that many of the older people in this town follow religiously. Not only did he say that people should vote for me, he mentioned me first of all the canditates, and said that if we wanted real change, that I was the one they had to make sure to vote for. Tonight went really well also, I got a lot of questions that I had a lot of facts, figures, and research into, and really was able to tie it in well to my ideas, theories, and knowledge of MC. I want it to be election day NOW!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.