Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. FYI if you register and don't see an approval coming through PM someone like me kalapse or jason about it. We have had awful spam problems at some of the sites, and the registry slows that done a bunch. Its a formality for you guys to get over there, and a protection against the damned spammers. BTW, the site is really picking up steam as the season is moving along. Thanks for spreading the word, and jumping on board the bandwagon
  2. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 12:34 PM) You really didn't start posting regularly here until June. Most of the predictions were made before the season started. I myself predicted somewhere between 2.7 - 2.8 million and never heard a word from anyone. I'm just thinking that if this happened, it happened on the other board. yeah, I think Jason was the one who predicted 3 million fans on this board. Without searching for it, I am about 99% postitive of that. I think I said we would come close, but not quite there, and everyone else was way below that. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
  3. QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 12:16 PM) But if it's this easy then who cares? It just becomes an administrative step that wastes time and money. If there's a situation in which they have a feeling some guy X will be contacting some guy Y tomorrow, they might miss the conversation completely by having to file a report to a commission. Who knows how long the process works, but even if it delays it 10 minutes and we miss that phone call it could be huge. I'd be fine with a system simliar to the Patriot Act in which government agencies are allowed to undergo the warrantless tap but have to come back with evidence later (if they couldn't do so before hand) that would validate the tap. So long as we don't miss out on an opportunity to catch people or gain more intelligence because of a formality that, as you say, almost never gets denied, i'm fine with putting SOME 'protections' in place. I just don't agree that we should fundamentally oppose any alteration or exception on a 'right' that the Court has defined and molded to fit certain situations already. This whole debate for me comes down to one point. In a situation as such, are you will to sacrifice your own or a loved ones life in order to protect this specific freedoms? Are you willing to have a piece of information which could potentially stop a situation like 9-11 from happening because the government could not get the appropriate warrants in time, not obtained, leading to a terrorist attack? To me that is the true question on how much you believe in these freedoms.
  4. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Sep 26, 2006 -> 11:52 AM) Maybe because he himself admits failure? So has Bush...
  5. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...eball/whitesox/ http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...T-sox26.article
  6. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 11:17 PM) I would say move him if we can get anything decent for him. His stuff isnt that impressive anyway, and now he isnt fooling anyone. If I had to guess, you are probably hitting on something without maybe realizing it. I remember last year when Neal turned the corner, Coop had made an adjustment in Neal that kept him focused on the catchers mitt longer. It would be my guess that as hittable as Neal has been, he is probably tipping his pitches somehow. I don't know how else he would go from being a high strikeout guy, to just getting murdered. I would be interested to see if someone figured out something on Neal... you know like a tell or something.
  7. I guess this has sort of been mentioned, but why aren't more people taking Clinton to task for pushing blame off on someone else? Anytime this has been done by repubs in the last 6 years, I have never heard the end of it, yet Bill Clinton does it, and the focus is actually on what he said, instead of his debate techniques... Why is that?
  8. http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?s...&id=2602628 Watch.the.video.clip
  9. Hmmm help the Tigers, or get the kids a week of ABs.... boy I wonder what my choice would be...
  10. Another fun one was Franks return to Chicago with his two HRs and it still not being enough after Macowiak's 9th inning HR to tie it, and the rally in the 10th... all conviently for our patio party.
  11. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 05:25 PM) And that's how we'll get the money, via the Olympics. Exactly. On its own most of these projects don't rate high enough to deserve funding... Throw in the olympics and the priority level jumps to the top of the list.
  12. QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 08:11 PM) I think the worst part, for me, is that here you have this "Reverend/Man of God" talking about how he would get people more riled up for Hillary than The Prince of Darkness. Come on, don't say that stuff if you're a pastor. The really sad thing is that I expect nothing more of him. I think if my pastor started talking about who I should vote for, and who is the canditate of God, I would never listen go back. His job is to teach the word of God. How I understand it is an issue for me, God, and the Holy Spirit to decide.... But thanks for all of the help
  13. Caught just a quick bit on Scarbourough tonight that said Wallace asked almost the exact same question of Rumsfeld in 2004 FWIW.
  14. QUOTE(Soxy @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 03:24 PM) And THIS is exactly what's wrong with the Republican party. "I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said at a breakfast session Friday in Washington. "I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," he said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't." The funny thing is that its sad, but true. See also Dems to GWB....
  15. The biggest problem with Chicago;s overall rapid transit system is much of the infrastructure is aging quickly and isn't able to be fully utilized because it is literally crumbling.
  16. QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:37 AM) I really don't want to read any of the bickering on the previous two pages of posts. Bill Clinton is kinda a hero of mine... so I want to say this: Blaming anyone for not doing enough for 9/11 is partisan hackery. Stop it. Nobody understood or appreciated the threat of Al-Queda attack. If they had, we would have invaded Afganistan in 1992 or 2000 when either Bush or Clinton got into office. This is the bullsh*t that cheapens the political process and detracts from legitimate discussions on salient political issues. I am Dem, and my party is just as guilty (probably more so) than the Republicans. I hate it... I wish they would avoid talking about so-called "pre-9/11 failures" except in an effort to constructively improve our intelligence gathering industry. Excellent post. The time for blame is done, the time for doing is here.
  17. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 10:27 AM) I agree with you on that the heaat and humidity has an effect on the Rangers players, but I don't think it is directly responsible for their big dip in offensive numbers. How would he adapt to the rain and cold during Arpil while playing in KC, Chicago, Cleveland or Detroit? Detroit is probably worse than Seattle, and Cleveland isn't that great with the huge wall in Left and Left Center. I don't buy the Anaheim reason either, because ever division has a tough team, and next year our division will have at least 3 (if you include us.) The guy has a career differential between Road and home OPS of .136 In his last season with Colorado (2004,) Vinny "Focking" Castilla had a higher road OPS (by 50 points too) than Michael Young has for his career. Cleveland is a hitters park, and the numbers have really bore that out since they openned it. Boston has a huge wall in LF, but that doesn't mean the dimensions aren't favorable for the offense. Detroit is probably the biggest pitchers park in all of baseball, probably pretty comparable to Oakland actually. Where Det has the big OF, Oak has the huge foul territory. Then again for hitters like Young who foil off a lot of pitches places like Oakland can mean a huge chunk of the pitches that would usually end up harmlessly into the stands, could be in players mitts for outs. Vinny Castilla compared to Young? Castillia is a big time power hitter. It only goes to reason that his OPS is going to be way higher than Michael Young. That is kind of an apples and oranges thing there...
  18. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2006 -> 09:55 AM) Given how many cockroaches are probably roaming Six Flags, I'd say this is a pretty intelligent business decision. Fun marketing ploy combined with reduction in pest control bills. Nice. Does that include the teenagers?
  19. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060925/D8KBS6AG0.html
  20. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 05:29 PM) Only in Texas. His road OBP is Think about it for a second, not that I wouldn't take Young over Uribe. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 06:14 PM) Also, Young would be going from one good offensive park to another. I still think a big part of the problems for the guys who play in Texas is the three straight months of playing in 100 degree, high humidity conditions on a daily basis. I also think the road numbers of Ranger players suffer greatly because in their division they play in two of the worst hitting parks in baseball for a ton of games (Oakland/Seattle) not to mention the trips to Anaheim who has had a great team annually for years now.
  21. I think despite all of the negatives that Chicago's bid for the olympics would be a huge shot in the arm if it was privately financed for the most part. There are a ton of infrastructure projects that Chicago needs done NOW, but can't get done because they are standing in line behind other cities and states who are facing the same crumbling systems. Heck the rapid transit system alone needs huge rebuilding work on a couple of the CTA lines, not to mention the addition of the circle line to better connect the suburbs. The interstates also need a huge amount of work, not to mention the need to untangle the railroad spurs in the southside and southern suburbs. The olympics are a surefire way to get these projects done because the host city has to be first class, and the transportation system is a huge part of a bid. Then there is the civic pride that would come with the entire world converging on Chicago for two weeks and getting to see how incredible Chicago is.
  22. Congrats Chuck
  23. I can't believe I forgot about Iguchi's play going horizontal in the 9th inning to save a game!
  24. Michael Young WOULD solve the leadoff hitter problems... He might not be a traditional speed guy, but he is a guy who is on base a ton.
  25. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 01:01 PM) Yep. Since about 11am. I'm in. That's the line I'll be in. I had no doubts that you and Jim would be there... I wish I could be, but hey, life goes on. If the fest would have been close to the same price as last year we were going to go and stay the weekend with the baby. The price increases made that pretty much impossible.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.