Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Middle East conflict
QUOTE(samclemens @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:46 PM) http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060809/...RANIANS-DC.html iranian revolutionary guards found among hezbollah guerrillas killed by israeli soldiers. this conflict has now officially turned into the spanish civil war of the 1930's- we now even have iranian soldiers fighting on the side of islamic facist fundamentalism, just as nazi soldiers fought on the side of franco's facists. how long before history repeats itself? time to kick some ass, israel. pre-emption is the key. Wow, I can't believe they actually had their own people out there with them. Geesh.
-
Massive attack foiled in England
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4778575.stm
-
Attributes of a good poster
QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 03:40 PM) thats too easy...plenty of non good sox fans stayed up for that one....now if you watched every pitch of the marathon boston game just before the break thats better...tho i think the best one was if you stayed up in 03 to watch the game i believe vs. KC after a long rain delay, the game didnt even start til like 10 and hten colon gave up 8 runs....sox came back to nearly win Especially because that game didn't mean nearly as much.
-
The Official, "What I did today thread"
Enjoy your trip! And bring us some wins
-
Reuters admits to using doctored photo(s)
More pictures are facing scrutiny... When do we get to the point where we call this a pattern of deceit, and start to find out who is supplying these pictures and make front page news out of it? http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3288406,00.html
-
atlanta voters are not that big of morons
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:49 PM) I like it better this way, now you never know what I mean So what is different than any other time??
-
atlanta voters are not that big of morons
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 01:35 PM) I am colorblind. Since I can't go by names anymore, you're lucky its not purple text. FYI you can just do the tags by hand and post
-
nyt doctored photo
I am confused, are you saying this is an admitted doctored photo, or just speculating that is has been altered?
-
Attributes of a good poster
QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:56 PM) Someone who knows the English language. *ducks for cover* Que es tu problemo?
-
Reefer madness....
QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:56 AM) The higher powers of this nation would be amazed to see how much usage would go down if it were legal. Legalizing it takes away all the fun. (And no, I'm not a pothead.....I wish I had that excuse ). Not a chance... You want a great example, look at alcohol.
-
Il, ill?
http://www.11alive.com/news/usnews_article...x?storyid=83077
-
atlanta voters are not that big of morons
QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 11:31 AM) The party clearly abandoned her. But that's hardly the people of her district. It was just a primary. He's full of s***?
-
Negativity? Sox Fans #1
OK Jim and Hangar here is the deal. We have asked you guys quite a few times to ignore each other, and asked that you even put each other on your ignore lists and that has not happened. So from this point forward we are going to tell you guys to completely leave each other alone. Don't respond to each other, don't PM each other, don't email each other, don't mention each other, don't even hint about each other. The back and forth stuff has gone on plenty long enough, and the people it really hurts are the people who have to read that stuff. Asking nicely hasn't worked, so it has come to this.
-
Had a job interview today
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:34 AM) I have a lot of confidence going into the second interview because I thought I did great in the first one. I just have to continue to do what I did in the first round of interviews. But you're right, the first interview I was just myself instead of telling them what they wanted to hear and things went fantastic. Good deal. It sounds like you are all good.
-
Had a job interview today
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 09:26 AM) Update: Second interview scheduled for Friday. Hopefully this is a great sign. Good luck man. There is a lot of good advice in here, but try not to think too much during the interview. The most important thing is to be natural, and I gotta imagine for an advertising firm you need to sell yourself more than anything. If you are uptight or artificial, it won't work.
-
Happy Birthday Zach23 & False Alarm
Happy Birthday guys
-
Iran ramping up nuclear activities
QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:58 AM) They could turn off the pumps and get other OPEC nations to embargo the US. Boy, those would be fun times of $10/ gallon gas. If they turn off the pumps their government falls, its that simple. The ONLY income they have is from oil, and if they don't have that, people will be starving.
-
Crazy conspiracy?
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 12:04 AM) Dude, you know as well as I do the world ends on December 21, 2012. (And we better get a new X-Files movie before then, BTW.) Ah yes the Mayan calendars end of the world... Excellent stuff. FYI they just ran a show on History about this last week, and it is well worth seeing.
-
If I or anyone believe the following statements...
QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 12:22 PM) Wow, Zionist is an anti-semitic term? So I guess David Ben-Gurion was anti-semetic? http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts%20About%20...id%20Ben-Gurion Its sad how little people know about Jew's. I wouldn't even narrow it down to just the Jews. I am amazed how little history most people know in general. For the most part that is why I enjoy conversations here because most people in this group have a solid grasp of history.
-
Crazy conspiracy?
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=23533 Speculation if the reason the specific date chosen by Iran for a reply to the Western aid for no nuclear program proposal has an apocolyptic reasoning...
-
Reefer madness....
QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 11:10 AM) Man, the government could make a killing by legalizing it and taxing the hell out of it. My money says it doesn't happen though, it just can't. Current federal law won't allow it to happen.
-
Play Ozzie for a week
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 09:47 AM) Every legitimate concern that is ever brought up, and agreed to be a concern by more than a few people, is always just people jumping off of a bridge. I noticed as usual you skipped the substance of the post and went straight to the one liner.
-
Liriano likely to DL
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2543069
-
Play Ozzie for a week
QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:47 AM) Well, Ozzie didn't do #2 (use McCarthy as a long man) or #3 (play to win every game) last night, and instead of a game likely tied 3-3 after 9, we lost. OZZIE SHOULD BE FIRED FOR BEING SO PIGHEADED! YOU HAVE TO MANAGE THE TEAM YOU HAVE, NOT THE TEAM YOU WANT TO HAVE!! Wait so you are telling me that the bullpen would have come in and given up no runs in the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th innings? Come on. There is no one in the pen pitching that well, and I know everyone is in this place where the starters have to be yanked as soon as they throw a ball, because it is the fashionable bridge to be jumping off of now, but to say that the pen would have thrown 4 scoreless innings is a joke. Even at our pens season long eras, we have to expect at least one run, and with the way Riske, Jenks, Cotts, and Thornton have thrown the ball, there is no reason to be surprised if they give up more than two runs.
-
Hizbollah mortar hits UN position
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 08:26 AM) You too. Show me. Show you what? The lack of screaming headlines as Hebollah hits a UN site? The lack of screaming headlines when Hezbollah fires missles at Israel from too close to UN positions, full well knowing that that Israel will target those missle fire sites for retailiation? The lack of front page headlines over the one line retraction associated with a death toll dropping from 40 to 1 in one incident, when the incident itself provoked front page outrage itself? The lack of calls for Hezbollah to quit violating the Geneva conventions by being ununiformed and hiding in civilian areas, while showing repeated scenes from southern Lebannon taking Israel to task for their violations of the same treaty? Its hard to "show you" something that doesn't exsist. See this is the hard thing. I believe Israel has a lot of fault for what is happening today. I believe they have overreacted in a lot of what they have done, but at the sametime I feel like an Israel apologist because I feel like very few are telling the whole story here.