Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:28 PM) Your right... Widger is a game calling GOD!!!! Every pitcher he was caught this year just happens to have off days on the days HE CATCHES THEM!!! Quit being such a drama queen. Pitchers have had bad days even with the Resident God of Catchers behind the plate. Chris Widger as a back, up catcher is better than 90% of the crap you see behind the plate on other back up Cs offdays. And once again, realize you are flipping out over a back up catcher.
  2. GREAT EPISODE so many great scenes, -I love where Tony picks up AJ from jail, puts his ass up against the truck, and then basically calls him a wuss while yelling at him. -Vito attacking "Johnny Cakes" after kissing him, and then making up with him later on. -Tony wimping out on cheating again with the real estate lady. -AJ feeling more and more like he is getting into the family business. Good stuff.
  3. Tonights theme... A song from the year you were born, and a current Billboard top 10 song.
  4. Smells like a DL trip to me... Damn.
  5. With those kind of numbers, why didn't anyone sign him sooner? Is he hurt?
  6. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:38 AM) Didn't you admit to getting there after it was over? The accounts that I've heard are different from yours, and it sounded like there was certainly a buzz and rally atmosphere during the march and main speakers. It was supposed to go until 4:30, but there were tons of people streaming out when I was walking around between 3:30-3:45. Either it was over early, or literally tens of thousands of people didn't think it was important enough to stick around for the whole thing. Either way the people leaving didn't seem like they had just been to a political rally for the future of 12 million people. If you would have put turkey legs in peoples hands, I would have swore I was looking at Taste of Chicago.
  7. among the things he mentions is that he favors the abolishment of the Electoral College http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/434527.html
  8. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:53 AM) I would tend to agree with Freddy, but not necassarily with Jon. He only had 2 more starts(LAA and Houston), and did not pitch during the Boston series. I think Garland is going to have a good May, he seems to be getting a lot of his movement back in his pitches, the pitches he has been getting rocked on have been flattened out sinkers right down the heart of the plate. And i also agree that he needs to be paired with AJ as much as possible, AJ just calls a great game. Not only does he call a great game, he refuses to let pitchers get into bad patterns. He will go out and straighten out a pitcher PDQ if they get out of what he wants them to do, and it seems like Jon needs that kick in the pants right now. I think he will be fine, finish with 16ish wins and an era of about 4-4.25.
  9. QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 1, 2006 -> 11:14 PM) I for one have never seen a play like fat bastard Belliard did in the 8th. HE gets in front of uribe, and then yells at him and tries to distract hin on second base. Bernstein says it right, the tribe are a bunch of lethargic robotic retards. You mean like when Uribe convinced Derick Lee that a ball was foul when it was indeed fair and cost him a base?
  10. QUOTE(TLAK @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:33 AM) From Cleveland's game wrap on MLB.Com: Wow, rare for a pitcher to admit it. There are times, certain match ups, where a basestealer can take over a game. This is one spot I admire Contreras and Garcia for especially. They KNOW a guy is running on them, and they only care about the guy at the plate, because they know if they get him out, the guy on the basepaths doesn't matter. They are incredible at blocking out the distractions like that.
  11. I think the extra month last year took a toll on Freddy and Jon, more than they are letting on. I think you will see Ozzie be cautious with them, and utilize McCarthy and the rest of the middle guys a lot more than he ususally would. Season-long view I think Garland will be fine, but I think the big thing is that he hasn't pitched inside nearly enough, and needs to be paired with AJ every chance he gets to force him to get that agression back.
  12. Maybe that was it. Also my expectations were for more of a buzz, a rally type atmosphere, but it felt more like a festival type feeling. I have been to a few rallies and speaking engagement, and there is a certian high that people have coming out of them, and that wasn't there yesterday. I know when I attended the rally for steel workers who didn't want Bush to drop the steel tariffs a few years ago, people were leaving that rally buzzing, and ready for action. I got the same feeling after attending a rally for the Democratic Socialists of America. I expected that yesterday, but I didn't see it at all. To me it was strange, and not at all what I would have thought.
  13. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:53 AM) I'm going to Brazil in July! The cruise worked out after all eh? Hit on some old ladies for me
  14. I don't know how many people got to actually experience things, but I got out of work early yesterday so I went down and walked around for a while and took a bunch of pics. Of course the pics are on my computer at home, but somethings struck me. #1 was the insane amount of people that there were. There were crowds of people for literally miles. I walked down Jackson from the CBOT all of the way to Grant Park, and the crowds never stopped. When I got to GP I wandered around in there, and much of the main rally had broke up, and there were other little smaller rallies going on that people had done sort of improv. #2 was this one seemed to be way better organized than the last one. Instead of all of the Mexican flags that we saw last time, it was almost all US flags being waved by people. There were also way more signs and shirts that had been doled out to the crowds. #3 was the oddest to me, even after Tex had said it... Everyone was really happy. There was no anger, no drive, people were laughing and smiling and having a good time. I saw people playing Hacky Sack, soccer, and plenty of beer drinking going on. For a rally that is supposed to send a message, the passion level was really low. I'll try to get some pics up later tonight.
  15. How about some Soxtalk Joe Crede magic moments... Ah memories. This whole thread was fun, seems Valentin>Crede http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32309 "You think that Cincy would trade Randa for Crede straight-up? " "I would take Griffey on the DL for Crede" "Get off his nuts. We need a new 3B." "Bold prediction: Crede will be benched at some point during the season for Pablo Ozuna. Crede will be playing for a different team next season. " "crede is gone after this season. There is no doubt in my mind. His production, his agent, and his successor are all going to contribute to this fact. HE GONE" [April 8, 2005] "Too bad the M's didn't take Crede instead of Jeremy Reed." "I think we will see alot of Uribe or Ozuna at third and the other at short. I actually wouldnt mind that lineup, it has alot of speed potential. " And my personal favorite... "Crede is just another overhyped Sox prospect. Not his fault that he sucks. We better trade for Vinny Castilla at 3M/yr if we really care about winning it all. You cannot beat the Yankees or Red Sox with any hole in your line up." [April 8, 2005] I Soxtalk's patience
  16. Talkbulls.com Game 4 summary A funny thing happened to the Miami Heat on their way to meet up with the Pistons in the Conference Finals… The Chicago Bulls put a roadblock in their way... More at link!
  17. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 1, 2006 -> 03:18 PM) 300,000 in Chicago. 1 in 3 small businesses closed in L.A. today. According to the AP. Looking at the crowd shots, I believe it.
  18. The camera shots down Jackson are incredible. Its literally a sea of humanity for miles down the march route.
  19. nbc5 has much better footage on their live shots.
  20. CBS 2 has a live webcast of the march. Right now they are moving across the Ryan towards the Lake.
  21. Grant Park already looks Taste of Chicago-esque. Obviously not that many people, because they have everyone in a smaller area, but it is packed.
  22. QUOTE(Texsox @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:28 PM) Excuse me while I vent Mother f***ing, damn, s***, f*** f*** f*** fire ants. My foot was already hurting and a bunch of fire ants attacked from nowhere and now it itches like crazy and I can't find any of my fireant stuff. Mother f***ing little bastards. Did I mention Chicago does not have fireants In all seriousness, that really sucks... True story from childhood. My bro and I were born and raise in Michigan City and frequenty went to the beach as kids. We moved to Texas when I was 8 and Brian was 4. The first time he went and played out back at our new house in Texas he promptly plopped down, and began playing in a fireant pile, thinking it was a sandpile like the beaches in MC. Talk about ugly. I have never seen so many stings in my life.
  23. I'll steal this thread for those who want to give a little bit of info of the goings on. I just did a little walking around, and already some decent size crowds and smaller marches have begun downtown. A couple of early pics I'll try to grab more pics after work if possible.
  24. Be safe boys, be safe http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/04/28/s...date/index.html
  25. My thought?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.