Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 03:16 PM) The guy who was selling the pictures got really pissed that I told him to f*** off and sell them on the streets. That's OK, he really pissed me off when he kept spamming people after being asked to stop or to approach us as a real advertiser. I hope a lot of people told him to f*** off. One thing we have never or will never allow is email/PM spam. Its one thing to have advertising that you all can choose to click on, its another to shove something down your throat... and we are not going to force you all to do anything. (all though we would love it if you clicked any of the ads you see fit ) Like I said, if anyone gets the crap, please let me or anyone else know about it. Most of the time they won't send us that stuff, knowing we will ban them.
  2. QUOTE(soxtalk.com @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 03:08 PM) Last year we were stacked in the pitching department. This year we have the starters and the hitters. Can we repeat with the bullpen we have? BTW, how sick did Buehrle pitch today...! QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 9, 2006 -> 03:13 PM) Awww, yer so cute. I like the my edits much much better. We must be getting way popular with the amount of spam that people have been trying to drop in here lately... If anyone sees any of this crap, please let someone know so we can get rid of it. We also banned the dope who was PMing people about the pictures. Just remember if you want to advertise, we have rates for advertising, otherwise it is just spam that belongs in with the 3n!arge your p3n!s ads. You will be banned, and you will have no access to Soxtalk if you are going to spam. Thanks.
  3. Could Bucky be the next Idol going home?
  4. Old question, but I don't know where the old thread is... What is the cost for just the patio party???
  5. QUOTE(Randar68 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:56 AM) I definitely would have included Lumsden in the list from our perspective. I always thought he was the highest-ceiling lefty in the system and I think he's gonna have a big year and end up in our bullpen down the stretch. He's got electric stuff. His first outing this year sure is a good start towards that.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to IlliniKrush's topic in SLaM
    Your (just for Soxy) a mean one, Mr Grinch Mark Prior or Kerry Wood?
  7. southsider2k5 replied to IlliniKrush's topic in SLaM
    Monk Clash of the Titans or Flash Gordon?
  8. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12247590/
  9. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 06:02 PM) I don't see what the huge harm is here. It's an old guy telling a story. And although it wouldn't be my choice of stories, it's still just what it is. Excuse me if I don't go out of my way to condemn what an ex-President says in an interview to a blogger when it isn't that flameworthy to begin with. But I'll make the Republicans a deal here. When they're willing to start holding themselves at least a little accountable for their own mistakes, I'll hold Jimmy Carter accountable for saying that Democrats care more than Republicans. Because the truth is the GOP is making Jimmy Carter's words ring truer than they should. Do I think the Republican leadership gives two s***s about helping the poor? No I really don't think that they do. Do I think the Republican leadership gives two s***s about the acceptability of torture under any circumstance? No I don't think that they do. And their actions seem to belie that point specifically. Before anyone flames me about just hating the Bush administration or whatever, I didn't say that all Democrats or that the Dem leadership does or would... but at least I know that a lot of the people fighting for Democratic representation will hold their guys feet to the fire when it comes to this. A lot of the Dems that I've talked to, that I've worked with, that have gotten inspired in the last three years to be activist, aren't going to give their rep a free pass because of the D after their name. I sure as hell won't either. The Democrats I support at least are giving lip service to the issues that I care about - that's why I support them. I find it hard to find many in the GOP who give two s***s about what I care about, with the possible exception of immigration reform. I'm partisan, but I haven't always been. I feel painted in that corner. So what you are saying is that this isn't what you are looking for? http://www.therazor.org/saddam2008/
  10. QUOTE(pcullotta @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:26 AM) For what it's worth, we are 2 and 0 with the normal lineup. We are 0 and 4 without it. We are also 2-0 when I sport the Baj jersey, and 0-4 without it... coincidence? I think not.
  11. BUMP Did anyone watch the special last night on the national geographic channel last night about this? I don't have the channel, and I am curious whether it is worth checking out on DVD later.
  12. Happy Birthday to ZoomSlownik, one of our newest writers at TalkBulls.com and a great Soxtalk poster
  13. My wife and I were listening to a Queens greatest hits CD and trying to predict what songs would get done, and if we could who would sing them... Anybody got any guesses? I'll list ours here in a few.
  14. Yeah, banned people and deleted names take up the poster numbers, but as for an "offical" member total they don't count. Still a cause for celebration here. With the World Title, Sports Illustrated, and the expansion to the new sites, The Soxtalk family has a lot to be proud of, and it is basically all because of you people. You're such a lovely audience, we'd like to take you home with us, we'd love to take you home! :cheers
  15. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 03:17 PM) This will happen. It just takes time. It happens, and then the party radicals splinter out to a new party and it starts all over as a major segment refuses to recognize Israel. This has been going on for over 60 years now.
  16. After seeing the board for this past week... I would say the old timers might be whiners, but some of the youngins are the b****iest and moodiest things I have seen
  17. Wow. If this doesn't splinter the extreme elements of Hamas into another party, this would be huge.
  18. I understand exactly what you are all saying about remakes, I am the exact sameway about any Beatles remake. I have heard two that I have ever liked, and the Beatles might be the most covered band in history.
  19. Welcome to Soxtalk. One thing I will say about Singleton, he has a voice for radio, and makes interesting points. But... He is definately still uncomfortable and not very smooth yet. I think he lacks confidence and it shows. I have a feeling that with time Singleton will be a very good broadcaster, though it might be hard to exit the large shadow of one John Rooney.
  20. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 11:41 AM) Moving this to Filibuster - because it's getting well filibustery. I think filiblustery would be an even better fake word
  21. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:58 AM) What's the difference? Cotts came on and gave up the go ahead run on a double by Jason Michaels, a righthanded hitter. No one is sure that Cotts would've gotten Hafner out. The reason they lost the game is because they left 14 runners on. And we have a winner!!!
  22. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 03:54 PM) Wille is so far 4-4 on the year with 18 homers and 95 SB's. Someone just got a new video game...
  23. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws Good read
  24. I think Ozzie saids it best
  25. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tsunami/tsunami.html I watched this last night on Discovery. The researchers actually went down into the ocean on the fault line that had the earthquake which created the tsunami, they desended all of the way down and found where the uplift of the ocean floor had taken place, and proved that it was indeed the cause of the tidal waves. They also took their measurements and applied the same quake to a fault line in the Pacific NW and showed what it would look like if it happened there... Really interesting stuff.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.