Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:36 PM) Mike, Cotts was a starter who was converted into a reliever. He was in the majors for a few years before he made it to the back of the pen. Marte was the guy being tossed in the fire last year, Cotts was used in the 6th and 7th before pitching his way into the back of the pen when Marte failed. McCarthy was a starter. He didnt relieve until 2 2 hit games against boston and texas. Then he came in to mop up after El Duque got rocked. I remember early last year when Cotts was being thrown into pressure situations and everyone was complaining that we should be using Marte. This was back before Neal Cotts was cool... I also seem to remember Brandon being called up and facing the Cubs in him MLB debut, and then also being thrown to the fire for the make up game in Boston with only about half of the starters behind him.
  2. QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:31 PM) Maybe Ozzie wanted to throw Logan right into the fire, to see what he's got in close games. Isn't that how Ozzie used Jenks when he was called up? Its also how he has used Cotts and McCarthy before as well... but no one remembers that right now.
  3. FIRE OZZIE!!!!!
  4. Nice clutch hit. Maybe that will loosen up the O a little bit.
  5. Green = sarcasm
  6. QUOTE(rudylaw @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:10 AM) I was in the upper deck yesterday and I had never seen so many stupid people in my life. I know that there will be more and more of this with the bigger crowds and all of the new "Sox Fans". People around me yesterday new nothing about baseball what so ever. They were dressed head to toe in Sox gear and seemed very proud to be White Sox Fans. However they did not know who Cintron, Mockoviak, or Boone Logan were. All they did was complain about how bad of a pitcher Garcia was and that he should be traded after yesterday. It was horrible listening to that for 9 innings. Well only 6 inning they left in disgust after the 6th. They said I am not going to pay to go to any more games to see the garbage. Sounds like the game thread/chat yesterday
  7. Thanks for the compliments. The picture was a fun coincidence that she happened to pose like that while Idol was on... at least I think it was a conincidence. I also took a bunch of pics for opening day with her and dad in their matching black outfits that came out awesome.
  8. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 10:05 AM) You've been watching those silly Weather Channel "It Could Happen Tomorrow" shows, haven't you? http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurricane/...-forecast_x.htm
  9. So in other words... Anna Benson has a more convincing change up than her husband...
  10. QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 08:11 PM) Why because people THINK that he has taken steroids? I should be banned for liking someone and not agreeing with other people? Makes sense.. Where is the failed test? There is none, and you know they have tested his ass on more than one occasion.. Bonds has never been tested for HGH, which is what he has been accused of taking since MLB instituting testing in 2003. He also was never tested for things like Winstrol when he was supposedly on that,(which he was accused of taking in the years immediately following Mac/Sosas HR chases). Of course he has never tested positive, because what he is taking is always one step ahead of the testing program. He could still be taking HGH to this day and he STILL wouldn't have a positive test. The no positive test arguement is a straw man.
  11. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...1,3100833.story Interesting read.
  12. FYI, Jerry's wife also designed 5 of the 6 Bulls rings.
  13. Damn that's really too bad, from a complete selfish point of view. You were one of the posters that I always made sure to read their stuff. Thanks for all of the info and insight you brought us, and the best of luck to you in the future.
  14. I think my daughter summed it up best for this week. There were some really bad weeks for a couple of the top people. Taylor and Elliot just looked awful uncomfortable, and didn't sound much better. I thought all things considered Katharine gave the preformance of the week. Kellie was as expected, good but not spectacular for it being her "thing". Mandisa and Paris were both better than I thought they would be, but not great. Bucky was very disappointing for what should have been his week. Ace did a solid job, and Chris was good too. The bottom 3 is much tougher this week, but I think it is time to go out on a limb a little. I think this week we will see Bucky, Taylor, and Mandisa in the bottom 3, with a shocked Mandisa going home.
  15. http://rateyourstudents.blogspot.com/ Todays trib has an article about it, but I can't find it anywhere on-line...
  16. man if the French fought the Germans as hard as they fought each other...
  17. QUOTE(boltsrus @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 04:01 PM) THE BOX SCORE AT ESPN.COM SEEMS TO INDICATE A FEW EMPTY SEATS. Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, IL Attendance: 38,802 (95.5% full) Game Time: 2:59 Temperature: 57 degrees, cloudy Wind: 15 mph That's what you get for reading the box score. The game was a sellout from even just season ticket sales. There were so few ticket available that the general public never had a chance to purchase them. Next time try doing a little research.
  18. QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:20 PM) Ban benchwarmerjim while were at it. And qwerty the Cubs/Indians fan
  19. QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 03:13 PM) Uh.. as far as I know, fans of other teams are allowed to post here, especially ones that are respectful (like this guy has shown in previous posts) Just my thoughts though. Exactly, unless the guy is trolling leave him alone.
  20. Glad to see it took one game and a few innings before the lemmings lined up to be the first to jump off of the Hancock again...
  21. Could someone give PBP? I am stuck at work with you all as my only view of the game. Thanks
  22. Arow gets the BIG hug from KW.
  23. I am getting a video feed, I have no idea about audio because we don't have speakers here...
  24. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11977271/site/newsweek/ I was a 38, headed to Geekdom
  25. Inflation? Maybe not. http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2006/04...mpact_of_i.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.