Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    Not usually, but you can regift them to me... I don't mind
  2. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) Let's put the X in Sex - Kiss I touch myself - (can never remember the group that sang this) The Humpty Dance the divinals did "Touch" right?
  3. $25 million is being spent this year to go after Wal-Mart. What is interesting is to see who is behind it, and the hypocracy of the fight. http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...id=aCJurSBQqfLM
  4. QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 12:42 PM) I my god! They killed Kenny! You bastards! OK, that was wrong. Anway... Wow. I don't think anyone in a million years could've dreamt up a scenario like this. It's just one of those freak accidents that occurs out of the blue. With all the magnets they have in toys these days, I wonder if they'll have to start putting more warning lables on them. Just a few years ago a local boy was riding his bike in a parking lot and tried to jump over a parking block with it. He fell off his bike, hit his head just right on the pavement and was killed. I can't count the number of times I've knocked my head on something... And while you are still alive... it does explain a lot
  5. Psuedo-Republician at best right now. They are the closest to what I am looking for.
  6. 3 years $24 million is a joke for Jon Garland, and I am not surprised at all that it pissed him off to the point where he wants to be a free agent.
  7. This is America... You only get two choices.
  8. So in other words... come back in off of the ledge. We weren't going to get him for a minor league deal, and if we were willing to spend $2 million on a reliever, we are going to get one who can pitch in April.
  9. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) Did you know that John is alluding to the song's protagonist burning da b****'s house down in the last verse? It's true. I did not know that Awesome.
  10. One of my favorites, if nothing else for its pathetic lack of obviousness...
  11. I had some fun with this one, and I figured some could use a laugh. This is inspired by my seven years as a South Shore railline commuter, but probably will be appreciated by anyone who has been involved with public transportation in their lifetime... I hope you enjoy. Purgatory With Pantagraphs
  12. http://news.independent.co.uk/world/scienc...ticle333838.ece
  13. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 05:44 PM) Whoa...you all laughed at me when I suggested that a while back. But I hope were right Mike. That was before they about doubled the season ticket base in 4 months time. Supposedly we were at 11K going into 2005, and we are now at about 20K. The increase in the season ticketbase is worth an extra 800,000 fans all by itself, without even getting into the excitement of fans buying single game tickets. If the figures are acurate, and I have no reason to believe they aren't, the Sox have sold about 1.6 million tickets before ANY single game tickets are on sale.
  14. QUOTE(TLAK @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 08:17 AM) Wow, the World Champions don't get any respect, even from their own GM, after they won 99 games and went 11-1 against baseball's best in the playoffs. What an incredible statement. Can you tell me the last team that did stand pat and repeat in MLB?
  15. I don't know about some of this, but he touches on my pet peeve of this arguement and that is the arrogence of academia when it comes to ID, and actually to most arguements. The air of all knowingness and the willingness to look down their noses at anyone who would dare believe in something other than what they publish is the most irritating part of all of this. Either you believe in ID, or you are somekind of 18th churchhouse knuckledragger.
  16. WTF???? http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....04237328&EDATE=
  17. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:10 PM) [sammysosa'spenisaftersteroiduse] quickly followed by [sammysosaspaycheck]
  18. This has gone on way past it usefulness...
  19. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) One side would accept it. The other would ridicule it. Regardless of outcome. ^^^
  20. QUOTE(YASNY @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:31 PM) Just for the sake of discussion, what if a law was passed making all strikes illegal? I don't think that would pass consititutional muster to be honest. It is one thing to declare a vital group unable to strike. Like i said earlier, I really don't think I want to see someone like police officers or firefighters walk off of the job. But it is quite another to say that Wal-Mart greeters couldn't go on strike. I guess my point is there is a reason the strike is illegal.
  21. QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 02:00 PM) I think their lineup is set. Rafael Furcal SS Kenny Lofton CF J.D. Drew RF Jeff Kent 2B Nomar Garciaparra 1B Jose Cruz LF Bill Mueller 3B Dioner Navarro C They need another starting pitcher now. I will be the first to go on record to say the Dodgers will suck with that line up. I'll bet that group misses 300 games next year between all of them.
  22. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 01:28 PM) You, sir, are worse than Hitler. Pfft. See if I defend you again.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.