Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Anybody Else Looking Forward to This Being Over?
QUOTE(alexgtp @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Only question I have is.. WTF is the small ball that got us that record. It has been non existant..!! Actually if you watch the games closely the small ball isn't the problem. Its having someone get a key hit to finish things that has been the problem. We are bunting, stealing, walking moving over runners, and sacrificing just fine again. We just keep having guys die at 3rd base. That isn't the fault of small ball, that is just a lack of clutch hitting, which is completely different.
-
Baseball card collectors, HELP NEEDED!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT How about the "Just Minor's" cards? Are they worth anything?
-
Message to JR: Sign Konerko now
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) That's hardly cheap. That said, with the recent steroid madness, guys like Paul Konerko who produce 30-40HR on a fairly consistant basis and do it CLEANLY are really going to see their vaule sky-rocket. I never thought I would say it, but, guys like Paul Konerko have become a rare commoditiy. In the Paul Konerko market $33 million is going to be cheap. I think we are looking at the $45-50 million range when all is said and done. Sad, but with Pauly being the premier hitter on the market, it is entirely possible.
-
Message to JR: Sign Konerko now
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) Well, I suppose I could see both Houston and Boston offering that fourth year. But, I fear that might be something Reinsdorf and company shys away from. At some point, I just have to admit that I still find solace in good old hometown favoritism and loyalty. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with wanting the most green. Baseball is a business. But, I can still dream can't I? Trust me I would love to see Pauly back here for cheap, but I think if that were going to happen, it would have happened already.
-
Prayers answered for Joe and Mrs. Crede
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:45 AM) All is well. Mother and daugher are resting comfortably. Joe supposedly heading back to Detroit for the game tonight. great to hear the good news. Congrats to the Crede's
-
Message to JR: Sign Konerko now
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:33 PM) IMHO, 3yr/$33M gets it done. Thoughts on that? As for Konerko being the only major-leauge hitter in our lineup...I couldn't agree more with that statement. He needs to be back. NEEDS to be back. I would be shocked if he signs for anywhere near that little money. There are teams that need his juice-free bat, badly, us being one of them. I have no doubt he will get at least a 4 year deal with at least $11 million a year.
-
If the Sox win and Indians, NY or Red Sox lose
QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) I can't believe you guys can't see the difference and the irony. The man didn't have some arbitrary injury. He was beaned by the so-called best pitcher on your staff. Who just so happens to play for the team that we are now 2 games behind. It should have never happened. And nobody can tell me that it was just an accident. Burhle is not known for his wildness. I know baseball teams have to deal with injuries year in and year out, but that one was without a doubt a season changer for the tribe. One last thing. I am grateful to be even aguing these things with you guys, because of the emotion, it means there are good things at stake here. Mark Buehrle, headhunter... Yeah that's it So your're telling me that Buehrle meant to hit Travis Hafner in the face with a pitch, give him a concussion, and knock him out for 17 games, because he knew that the Sox were going to play .500 ball for the next two months while the tribe played .800 ball. This isn't your site here is it? http://www.timecube.com/
-
DeLay Indicted for conspiracy!
Or Patrick Fitzgerald indicting George Ryan... Oh wait...
-
A little magic
QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) If the Sox and Tribe end up tied AND have a better record than the second place team in the ALE THEN H2H records matter. The Sox will automatically be named division champs. That's actually what I was trying to say, I guess I wasn't very clear about it.
-
If the Sox win and Indians, NY or Red Sox lose
QUOTE(Wiredawg1 @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:57 AM) I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I'm just pissed that the tribe may not make the dance, and in my opinion stand a hell of a lot better chance of advancing than the Sox. And I understand that it's a marathon and not a sprint. However the Sox remind me of the Ironman guy on the Gatorade commercial suffering from dehydration in the final 50 meters of the race. And what really pisses me off is the amount of time that Pronk missed because of Buerhle. We get that month back with Pronk and the Sox are looking up at us. Say what you want, but that's a fact. How about if Frank Thomas doesn't rebreak his ankle? You think the Sox would have still been struggling offensively? How about if Pods doesn't pull his hammy? How about if Crede's back hadn't been bugging him for a couple of months? HOw about if Hermanson's back hadn't been bothering him, and Jenks hadn't had 2 BS's and a L in 3 consecutive days? Its easy to play the "what if" game for any team, but in reality, injuries are part of the game. Period.
-
A little magic
QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 01:16 AM) For the record, clinching a wild card tie is clinching nothing. If we tie with Cleveland for the division/wildcard, then we actually take the division title by virtue of head to head record.
-
DeLay Indicted for conspiracy!
Good deal.
-
#3 hitter
QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:03 AM) Let's face it, AJ and Rowand aren't the answer in the #3 hole. And Everett, despite two singles last night, is probably better suited hitting 5th. My suggestion is to move Iguchi to 3rd. The lineup could be: Podsednik Rowand Iguchi Konerko Everett Dye Pierzynski Crede Uribe And if Ozzie wanted to blow out the cylinders (see the original Flight of the Phoenix) for a game, he could go with this lefty dominated lineup. Podsednik LF Harris 2B Gload 1B Everett DH Borchard RF Pierzynski C Perez CF Uribe SS Blum 3B You did see Aarons two double plays, and what would have been a 3rd if their were less than two outs yesterday right? And you did see the pop up he hit when he tried to bunt the day before right? Rowand is definately a bottom of the order hitter. He doesn't have the fundementals to be a #2 hitter.
-
I got a radio show again
That is always fun. I had a radio show in college for 3 years, to go along with a lot of sportscasting Ah the good old days.
-
Giant Squids Finally Caught on Camera
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:06 AM) CHIPPPPPP! /door slams in background That was rude and inconsiderate
-
11 Priests Removed
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) Please don't think I am excusing this behavior, I was just offering for thought the perspective of the victims that want the Church to keep it quiet while removing the offending Priest. We should also balance the 50 year history with societies handling of sex crimes. Rape victims were routinely discredited, their clothes, their mannerisms, suggestions that they "wanted it". Churches weren't the only institutions that swept these things under the rug. I believe we have to address the full range of the problem, not just think we can dump it all on one doorstep. It isn't up to the church to make judgements about whether their victim is better off with or without being reported. Their job is to report the crime. Any organization that deals with children extensively is under strict guidelines to report anything suspicious to the proper authorities if they think something is happening to a kid, and the church isn't any different. To me I think the Catholic church is getting a bye because they are a religious organization. Imagine the outcry if there were Boy Scouts troop leaders molesting kids, and instead of taking action, they just transfered them to a different pack, in a different state? Or if teachers were just sent to another school system after having sex with one of their kids? Governments wouldn't stand for it. But the church has had no repercussions from the governence, as a matter of a fact, the only thing that has forced REAL change was getting the crap sued out of them in jury after jury case.
-
Giant Squids Finally Caught on Camera
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 08:47 PM) SQUIIIIIIIIIDDDD! /waits for response DIIICCCCCCCK!
-
Mariotti chokes us again
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) Wow, Mariotti is actually in Detroit today. I never knew he followed games in person. He doesn't. He has been to new Comiskey Park once since it opened.
-
Sox and Roll Tuesday!
Can you all do us a favor and start doing the Indians games?
-
Neal Cotts: Something to cheer about
To another Soxtalk poster making in the big leagues, who is nice enough to even AIM with Heads...
-
Prayers answered for Joe and Mrs. Crede
Its all perspective. Baseball is just a game, this is real life. Prayers for the Crede family, and all involved.
-
Congress approves $50 billion more for wars
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 04:53 PM) I'n not so sure what's so sneaky about it, it's been reported all day on the news, starting this morning. That's what I was trying to figure out as well. They are interviewing Senators about it, its obviously out there, and IMO it is a lot more up front to actually put the budget for the war in with the defense appropriations bill than to act like it didn't exsist in the budget and get a special appropriation for it later. If they know it is coming, why wouldn't you just budget for it in the first place?
-
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Birthday Birthday
Happy Birthday
-
Largest Anti-War Protest
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 09:05 PM) no http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_for_America http://www.democracyforamerica.com/aboutdfa.php Just because he resigned leadership, doesn't mean he isn't involved anymore...
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 09:18 PM) So, what say all of you: Kristian boys' name or girls' name? Kristian=girls name Christian=boys name