Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Congrats to Soxtalk, Kings of Spam
Well we all knew that the Indians series would kill this site, and it just about did. During that period of time, we had the 1st and 3rd biggest posting days in the sites history. -The Sept 20th game set the new all time record of 2834 posts in one day (the Sox 7-6 victory), to go along with 711,000 hits. (good for the 2nd busiest day ever, would have been way higher if the site hadn't crashed many times) -The 9-19 series opener produced 2460 posts, 3rd most ever in one day. -The two day total was an amazing 5294 posts, also by far a record. -The Indians series produced 7465 posts (the 9-21 had 2171 posts), also another record. -If you add the first Twins game, which produced 2236 posts made a 4 day posting total of 9701 posts, which is actually more than Soxtalk had ever had for any 6 day posting period, let alone 4 days. I take it you all were excited for a real series with playoff implications? It will be really interesting to see if/when we make it to the playoffs, and see how many new site records we can actually set, with the server protection mode in place. to the busiest White Sox message board in exsistance
-
Baseball card collectors, HELP NEEDED!
Thanks for the info guys. I am not looking for anything expensive, but I don't want to get ripped off at the sametime. Basically I want to try to find something cool to get signed and added to my collection.
-
Largest Anti-War Protest
Sheenan being arrested at the White House
-
Michigan
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) All americans: OSU 164 michigan 140 Heismans: OSU 6 Mich 3 National Awards: OSU 25 Mich 9 First Round draft picks: OSU 58 Mich 45 One BIG difference between the stats you quoted and the stats 1549 quoted... All of yours are individual stats. 1549 posted all teamstats.
-
Hurricane Katrina
The reports of dead bodies in the Superdome seem to have been greatly exagerated. According to NOLA, only 6-10 bodies were every found in there, compared to the "hundreds" that had been rumored. http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tporleans/ind..._26.html#082732
-
Hurricane Rita.
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) Which is pure BS, because it's not the inventory levels of crude that's down. It's the refined product. Thanks, GWB, for nothing. SPR actually does include more than just crude. They have stocks of everything from natural gas, to heating oil, to gasoline.
-
Stupid question
QUOTE(DePloderer @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 01:19 PM) Cricket; a means to beat up on the Aussies! I guess compared to the hundreds of years of beating up on the French, that is a little more of a challenge...
-
Question will be answered today....
Its just like anything on here... The negative people find an excuse to discount Buehrle's prefomance, and the positive ones grasp to anything.
-
Bat Girl
I checked in with Bat-Girl for some giggles and wasn't disappointed..
-
"Diverstity" desirable at Supreme Court
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/26/roberts.ap/index.html
-
Baseball card collectors, HELP NEEDED!
I am surfing Ebay to buy some Brandon McCarthy cards and I have no idea what cards are worth something now adays. What I am curious about is out of the BMAC cards, which are the most valuable, to the cheapest?
-
NBDL affiliations announced
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-n...ov=ap&type=lgns
-
Find the hole in this logic...
A woman arranged for sex for her 13 year old daughter and her 14 year old friend http://www.nbc5.com/news/5012733/detail.html
-
Bill Frist makes a stock market killing
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) Thank you. I missed that. So we can't blame Frist for not knowing the rules. It's not his fault, the trustee did it? Well there goes one challenger to Hammer in '08. I wonder what they can dig up on McCain Just like anything, it takes two to tango. The trust company should be in pretty hot water for this. If Frist's side is true, he will have committed political suicide by most accounts, unless it doesn't stick like Hillary's insider trading.
-
Bill Frist makes a stock market killing
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) What information? He asked for the shares to be sold, and they were. Was there something else? Post #17 in this thread... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=888781 ...See also Baltas posts #19 and #23 in this thread.
-
Bill Frist makes a stock market killing
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 10:59 AM) And that is what Frist did. Where is the huge violation by the trust company?? I'm missing it. I didn't see any problems in the way the trust was handled. The only issue is this; did Frist receive insider information? I don't think he needed it based on public documents of the HCA insiders selling. The information they turned over to him about his trust.
-
Josh Rupe
QUOTE(Randar68 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:50 AM) KW was technically the GM, even though Ron was behind a lot of that trade, KW was still the guy that pulled the trigger. Not like anoy of the guys we gave up have done much of anything, though. Wells is perfect in a place where they never play any important games and there's no pressure. Bring him back here, and he'd be back to his old self... Kip's numbers this year are horrible. Even with no pressure this year, he has been bad.
-
Hurricane Rita.
GWB annouced that as with Katrina, he is going to allow the sale of crude from the SPR to fill in the gap of missing capacity after Rita's destruction.
-
Bill Frist makes a stock market killing
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 11:47 AM) But earlier in this thread someone quoted a source that the Senator is allowed some direction in his assets. Like directing the sale or asking for long term v. short term goals, etc.. Because the trust would be set up to conform with the Senate ethics laws, not SEC laws, it would have to conform to the ethical guidelines that Frist is under. From reading your comments, I think we both would agree that these ethics laws need strengthening if Frist is allowed to direct a liquidation of a holding. I haven't really worked on the investor side of stocks, but everything I have read saids that a blind trust is supposed to involved a complete lack of knowledge by the owner of the assets. I think he could give a big broad generalization to liquidate all of his assets, but that would be about it. He wouldn't be able to say buy or sell specific sectors/stocks, or anything like that. The fact that he had knowledge and access to his holdings are huge violations by the trust company, and at least ethical violations by Frist for even asking for information.
-
Which was worse
Where is "They are playing football now"? as an option?
-
Anyone going on the Road this week w/ the Sox?
QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:25 AM) Detroit is 3.5-4 hours away but there is a time change that takes place!! Damn dude, how fast are you driving? I live in Michigan City IN, and it takes me 3.5 to 4 hrs to Detroit at 75-80 mph.
-
Attendance.
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:23 AM) I'm not sure, but I think its significant. I was reading something about Arizona, how they needed to make the playoffs to offset huge losses. IIRC the article said they made between $12-15 million during the 2001 playoffs. Of course, they played just about the maximum amount of games. Wow, and that would be gravy on top of a 20% bounce in attendance revenue. This could be the difference between an $85-90 million payroll and a $100 million payroll.
-
Anyone going on the Road this week w/ the Sox?
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:49 AM) Interesting, they couldn't get anyone the park 3 weeks ago. And they say Sox fans are bandwagon jumpers, ha. Cleveland fans are the very definition of bandwagon fans. They went from 8000 a night when they sucked, to 40,000 when they won, and back to 20,000 in only two years!
-
Check my math
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:32 AM) Wouldn't it be funny if the major pessimists on this site who were railing against the Sox with exclamations of "The season is over!", "They'll miss the Playoffs!" or "Cleveland AL Central Champs and Boston WC champs" were banned for the first playoff game only. A symbolic gesture to say the bandwagon didn't have time to go back and pick them up before the first ALDS game. I think you have your browser pointed towards the wrong White Sox message board
-
Attendance.
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 08:31 AM) A lot of the additional revenue is going to be tied up giving the players we have their raises. Garland and AJ are going to get big increases. Hop that the Sox go deep in the playoffs, because playoff games are huge moneymakers. I think a 10 person suite is $10,000 for a World Series game, $7,000 for an ALCS game and $4000 for a ALDS game. Out of curiosity, how much of that do the Sox keep?