Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.weatherwars.info/ I think we all need a laugh right now. Click and read at this link.
  2. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:28 PM) I believe much of baseball still uses that damn year of 1919 for some reason. Honestly. How often do people STILL say "yeah, but they threw a World Series, they're cheaters". I still hear that one used all the time, even though EVERYBODY from that time period is dead. Well actually Dick Clark is still alive...
  3. QUOTE(Mercy! @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:11 PM) You’re Both Right! Sure, most folks know Hawk was a career .239 hitter. But that doesn’t seem to prevent him from having an outsize ego which allows no point of view in the broadcast booth other than his own, all the while maintaining that “aw shucks” personality. A lot of best managers and general managers of all times were not great ball players. For example... Billly Beane Tony Larussa I don't think either of those guys lack any ego, but still are great at what they do, despite how bad their playing careers were.
  4. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:09 PM) All I know is that I want to be at Soxfest to see what goes down. I think Ozzie and Kenny are in for a big suprise. Surprise? From listening to them talk I think they know everyone is pissed, and are plenty pissed of themselves. I don't think there will be much surprise involved at all.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    Rita has now been downgraded to a category 3 storm, with sustained top winds of 125 mph. I also was looking at the radar and the western corridor of the storm is really falling apart. I wonder if we are seeing a lucky break happening here?
  6. QUOTE(Darren @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:29 PM) I think you may see them move the fences back. We've tried the power team approach, was always near the top of the league in HRs and we never won it all. I say move the fences back, make it a more pitcher friendly park and move on. I keep seeing this mentioned, but I want to know how it would be phsically possible? The stands are built right up to the walls, and there isn't much foul territory behind home plate that they could use. They already took 8000 seats out of the park, so I don't think they will sacrifice anymore seats, not to mention rebuilding the bullpens again somewhere else. I just don't see this happening.
  7. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:16 PM) Just remember, when he makes that comparison, he's not saying that the comparison holds on moral grounds. He's saying it holds on legal grounds. Morally...would most people, even Christians, say its wrong to punish children for the actions of their parents? I'd say a huge majority would agree - I don't think we're Klingons here. But the law in this matter seems settled by the precedent of the case involving the Boy Scouts. As a private organization, the Church can make whatever rules it wants, and can discriminate against whoever it wants. That's built into the right of assembly and the free excercise clause in the constitution. Yeah that is pretty much where I was going with this... QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:19 PM) IMO, based on the moral grounds it would be given more weight then a case over a CC membership. That's why I see no comparison. I understand the "legal" course... but in a country where you can become a millionare for spilling coffee on yourself... I would test the waters with a case like this. As for the Klingons... watch out.. I'm pretty sure there ARE a few here. For whatever reason in the courts eyes, it is much more beneficial to be stupid, than racist. That is just MHO.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) This page's resident Geologist welcomes you. (/Bad Pun)
  9. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:56 AM) I agree with you both. But I don't think "legally" matters. A sympathetic jury is all they need... I would like to see them sue. I would like to see this s*** tested. It makes me sick that children are denied an education based on what happens in their personal lives. That's the thing. People have sued. Women have tried on many occasions to get into Augusta Country Club. Gay troop leaders have sued to not be dismissed by the Boy Scouts of America. I believe the Scouts case ended up in front of the Supreme Court, and they ruled because the scouts are a privately funded, private organization, they could let in and exclude pretty much anyone they wanted to. Conversly there is nothing to say that they couldn't start an all gay school, and ban any Christians from joining. I think educationally all they have to argue is that the kid has a chance at an education because public schools are always an option. Its not like the kid can't go to school at all, just not that particular school. Being a Christian it pains me because if you aren't showing love and tolerance towards people you don't agree with, you aren't living up to Jesus's teachings to love all men, and this is just one more instance of the church being 100% wrong on an issue. Even if you believe something is wrong, it is up to God to decide his fate, and not man.
  10. Legally I don't know that they have a leg to stand on. The courts have ruled in the past that private organizations have the right to restrict their membership to whom they see fit. The parents also had to have agreed to the schools terms to enroll their kid into the school. Morally, it sucks. It is what keeps gays out of the boy scouts, women out of certian golf clubs etc.
  11. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:44 AM) Oh STOP IT. Keep letting the sharks swim here to throw the blood in the water, because it sounds so good. Since when did logic and common sense belong in this forum? I also forgot to mention that block trades (individual trades that account for a certian % of a stocks float) are made public after every trading day as well. This is another way that traders use to piece together insider buying/selling as well as things like hostile takeovers etc. If that article about Frist not selling to the end is true, all of this is another witchhunt. It all comes down to the timing of the deals. If he was the first or one of the first to dump, he probably was acting on insider info. If he was on the end, he is a dumbass and a bad trader, risking the markets getting wind of things before he can get out of his position.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    It figures, finally the airlines figure out a way to make money without the governments help. The whole industry is going under, and no one is going to do anything to save it. A whole bunch of greedy stupid bastards.
  13. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) Insiders sold a whopping $100 million in that company's shares in the month before the stock price took the hit. Bold is the key phrase in that statement. The timing makes it a lot less suspicious. If he had led the insiders in selling that is one thing, but if he was at the tail end of all of that, not only to numbers get released showing insider buying/selling, but also rumors get out about heaving selling/buying done by insiders. You kind find those numbers as public filings at the SEC, and are often posted in segments on CNBC. Trust me, you can't keep a secret on Wall Street, and if it took him 2-3 months to act while insiders were selling, all that means is that Frist is a piss poor trader, and not an insider trader.
  14. QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 10:44 AM) My daughter just started ballet and tap lessons, she's in a soccer league and she is going to be in Girl Scouts soon. She is absolutely awesome, despite inheriting WAY too many of my personality traits. So how are your tap and ballet lessons going?
  15. southsider2k5 posted a topic in SLaM
    Hows this for a robbery attempt
  16. http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/22/roberts.ap/index.html
  17. QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) Bet on the Sox tonight...+200!!! +200 is it? Wow, I am shocked to be honest.
  18. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:20 PM) Konerko should just shut his damn mouth. And Reinsdorf was too cheap to get Griffey. Damn I completely forgot about JR being Cheap!
  19. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 02:13 PM) This is all KW's fault. And Ozzies... Plus don't forget Paul Konerko sucks.
  20. QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) Is there a song titled, "One Step Forward, Two Steps Back"? Not that I know of, but it is in a Paula Abdul song...
  21. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    Rita has been downgraded to a Category 4 storm.
  22. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:29 PM) Who else do we have that we can put in there? Hence the reason Pods is in there while 75 or 80% tops. It is completely obvious that he can't run, but he is still getting on base, which makes him better than any other options we have.
  23. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) I don't quite understand what the sarcasm has to do with his disparaging comments.. Or maybe I've just missed the normal bulls*** around here lately where some posters do nothing but b**** and moan about how they KNOW what Ozzie should be doing.. B.
  24. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) NOAA is running a similar story. Let's just hope this doesn't discourage people from evacuating. Yeah no kidding. If New Orleans wasn't proof enough to fear mother nature, Darwinism just takes over at that point...
  25. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    Good news from Masters Blog

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.