Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) I honestly hope a lot of you aren't disappointed when we don't spend all this money we supposedly have. I would love to be wrong, but I'm not expecting a lot of big spending. Why do you think they won't so much, when recent history seems to indicate anything but that? They payroll has always increased/decreased with the corresponding move in attendance. We are looking at about a 20% increase in this years attendance, so now all of the sudden the Sox will turn their backs on about 10 years worth of behavior? Why do you think that?
  2. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) That part made him sound like a superhero. Honestly, I like the idea of punishing personal attacks, but I'm not as happy with the ban on attacking players (and I don't mean Lique-style). I'm almost afraid to say that a player sucks when, in fact, that player does suck. There is a big line there. Something like "OMIT TIMO" is very different than "I wish Timo would get flaming hemeroids after blowing Ozzie and die a slow painful death". Saying a player sucks isn't going to get you in trouble. Saying a player sucks for his job, that's a different story, and will get you a vacation.
  3. CNBC is reporting that 7 oil rigs are set adrift in the Gulf. Currently crude is back to almost $70 bbp.
  4. QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:48 AM) He'll be one of the most valued starting pitchers available on the trade market. He would be the ace on a handful of teams, and with one year left on his deal, his stock has never been higher. The thing is, without AJ or someone like that catching him, he will revert back to his old form.
  5. There is a very good reason for this. They want to be able to have Bajenaru for game one in the pen. If they recall McCarthy for game one, then they can't use Baj for either game. At least this way they have a spare pitcher for one of the games, and Garland pitching game one instead of game two makes this possible.
  6. That's just awesome. It shows me that they aren't worried about a night like last night, which means I am not worried about it.
  7. QUOTE(Molto @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:11 AM) But with the September callups, I wouldn't think the rule would apply. Isn't the purpose of that is so teams don't keep on bringing guys up and down for matchup reasons. With September, the rosters are expanding anyway. To be honest I am not sure if September first is an exception or not. Good question. I wonder who would actually know???
  8. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 05:47 PM) I like her sound a lot better now, I think this new album is really good. I don't regret spending the money on it. But, I think her bleach blonde, super thin look is far less attractive. She went from pretty and normal looking to cookie cutter superstar look. But the music is good, so I just won't look at her as I rock out. She is nasty looking now. Part of her original appeal to me was the downhome, girl next door look. Now she is waaaaaaaaaay to thin.
  9. Wal Mart is reporting 123 stores are closed due to Katrina, or 3.3% of their US presence.
  10. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:10 AM) Job Interview on Thursday at an Accounting Firm, it'll be my first in about 4 years. Hopefully I'm not too rusty. Good luck!!!
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 07:16 AM) Saddest thing I have seen or heard in a long time. The reporter seems in tears also. Click 'You can't hold me, take care of the kids' I heard the audio on that this morning. If you didn't want to cry after it, you aren't human.
  12. Its really sad when Jesse Jackson has to go down to clean up our religious leaders messes.
  13. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 10:28 PM) Wait. When you're called up, don't you have to be up for 10 days? Or is that when you are sent down? I know Pedro Lopez was up for a short time, but that was because of WH's bereavement visit, which is a different animal. When you get sent down, you can't be recalled for 10 days. That's why they sent down Anderson right away, so that they can get him back quicker.
  14. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 09:49 PM) I guess you'll have that. Oh well. I emailed him after the game to tell him congrats anyways. He deserved this chance. Let's hope he can put up some solid numbers the rest of the year. I know it was only one inning, one outing, but he looked WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than last year. His command was really there, as it seemed was his confidence. He mixed his pitches well, and he hit his spots. When he was up here last year, he didn't look nearly that good.
  15. He will be here in two days.
  16. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 08:19 AM) Well, I suppose this means there's some good news, and some bad news...... Yeah it means you are no longer the most incredible person here
  17. Great job Jason. I know we have talked at length about this stuff, and I am glad to see that many other people agree with me. I used to believe that the established posters deserved a little more leeway than others. As I watched this board grow, I have come to realize that it may in fact be the opposite. Because new posters look to the regulars for examples of how to act, if the regulars get away with murder, that in fact sets the example that it is OK to act like an idiot. At that point it only builds upon itself if the mods and admins don't do something to show that this behavior is in fact NOT going to be tolerated, which was never really done. As a group the mods and admins hoped that this stuff would die down, by not harping on it. The problem is that it never really has. Some problems have festered beyond belief and brought all kinds of ugliness to the board. Well it ends today. What made this transition harder was the fact that many, many, people know each other outside of here very well and/or have been posting together for so long, that no one ever felt the need to police there own. That was another miscalculation. In fact that should make it easier to communicate change when there is a problem, and that was never really utilized until now either. I fully believe that the fact that many people know each other, can actually make cleaning this board up easier instead of harder. This will make it easier for people to realize that this is not a personal thing that is being done. The quality of what goes on here has deteriorated over this season, there is no denying that. As a matter of a fact you have to look no further than the wide spread approval throughout this thread, and the almost complete lack of dissension on the opposite end of the spectrum. Your voices have been heard, and now something is going to be done. As a matter of a fact know this from the start. There is now zero tolerance for personal attacks. No one is exempt from this either, and that actually makes it much more easy to enforce. If you saying something about someone, you will take a vacation, it is that simple. It also makes it easy to enforce, with absolutely no hint of favoritism. That's why there is also the fact that nothing that is in the past will be held against anyone anymore. If you are not banned already, you have no blackmarks against your record. Even if you have been suspended before or warned for something else before, you have a clean slate in the eyes of the mods and admins. So whether you are new or old, on the edge or clean, all acts are the same now. You will be judged on your posts and actions from here on out. And finally some of you may have guessed, or already know, but... I'm back. I really believe in this, and believe it is best for the site. I want to be a part of setting things right here, and making this place great again. There is no need for personal and player attacks in the context of enjoying the Chicago White Sox, and now there will not be any here. PM me if you have anything you want to discuss in private, or as always you can reply to this thread
  18. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:55 PM) Minus Crede, Minus Adkins, minus Anderson, Plus Podz, Plus Baj equals 24 if I'm doing this right. So Crede would take up the empty spot, I think. McCarthy is #25
  19. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:49 PM) for him to make the f***IN playoff roster, he would be taking the spot of someone better then him. Read through the thread again. Crede will come off of the DL and take Baj's place on the playoff roster. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:50 PM) You have got to be s***ting me, did I just use the word "aloud"? I need hocked on phonics. I thought you did it on purpose
  20. QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:48 PM) I don't understand why we didn't keep Anderson here. We need an extra bat. I realize we got Blum, but I'd rather see Anderson on the Sox bench than at AAA........ Pods is back, and we need the extra arm just in case for the doubleheader tommorrow. We don't want to burn up our good arms in September before the playoffs.
  21. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:47 PM) Do we really need another pitcher? With a double header tomorrow against one of the best offenses in baseball, yes.
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:42 PM) And is there a limit on how many times this can happen...? To be honest, I have no idea. I just know you can replace guys who are go onto the DL at the end of the year. Also guys like Crede who are on the DL on Sept 1st can be used as well, in place of guys who are on the 25 man roster. More than likely with the make up of the 25 man roster, Crede will replace Bajenaru for the playoffs, and it will pretty much look like it does now.
  23. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:39 PM) i dont want him on the playoff roster. period. So that advice you were freely giving out about not getting excited and giving him time was all BS, that you have no intention of following yourself? Nice.
  24. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:38 PM) Isn't anyone on the 25-man on Sept.1 eligible, or is that my head getting tied in a knot? If you are on the 25 man roster, or the DL you can be used for the post season roster, unless there is an injury replacement needed for a guy who was on the roster September 1st.
  25. QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:37 PM) Appeared in nine games with the White Sox after his contract was purchased from Class AAA Charlotte on 9/3 ... went 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA (10 ER/8.1 IP) in nine relief appearances with the Sox ... opponents hit .405 (15-37), including a .526 (10-19) clip by right-handers ... :puke 8.1 innings you are going to judge his entire career potential by. Do I really need to say anything more than that? Should I judge you as a bad poster from one post?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.