Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I think I just went the longest ever for me without any TV or internet at all, 4 days. I feel completely disconnected from the world? The only things I heard were the White Sox games on the radio.
  2. Damn, I wanted to do somemore gloating on my man Brandon McCarthy.
  3. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:44 AM) Thanks Jim. We just spent this weekend moving into the new place, and spending butt-loads of money to get it baby ready and safe. It was a strange feeling, I should have felt estatic for our first home and a baby on the way, but mostly I felt guilty for buying half of the stuff that we did. We can't give anything worth while, but hopefully this will connect someone who can.
  4. Could some post the coding for the Red Cross link? I want to put it on my blogs.
  5. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 10:29 AM) Here you go. I couldn't find a pic of Bollard that worked but I'm still working on it. If I manage to get one I'll edit this and re post it. I hope you like it. Spot on mate Awesome work as usual
  6. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:16 PM) You would know more about Baj than I do, but would he have been able to go 3 innings in mop-up duty without risking his arm like Adkins was able to do? Baj was routinely giving Charlotte multi-inning stints to try to get saves. I have no doubt he could have been stretched 15-20 more pitches into the 50-60 pitch range, or about once through a line up, in order to bridge from a failed starter, like Adkins was used for.
  7. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 05:12 PM) So, since TO is having such a tough time feeding his family, I'm going to assume he won't donate. Yeah, Latrell Spreewell will have to get back to us as well.
  8. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 03:55 PM) I don't mean this disrespectfully to anyone on this board or the players themselves.....but sometimes, it seems like people think if we had Gload and Baj on the roster the whole year, we'd be undefeated. I am probably Baj's biggest fan, but he didn't deserve to be up here over anyone we kept out of spring training. But as a mop up pitcher, he deserved a shot when Adkins got called up. Now it is September, and he is going to get another chance, and that is fine with me.
  9. Its official, I hate politicians. I don't give a crap about the speeches. The mayor, the governor, the President, Senators, and Representatives all stood up there and talked. STFU, grab a shovel and fill sandbags, or go to a distribution point and hand out food and water.
  10. A military convoy is rolling/floating into New Orleans. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/
  11. LA Senator saids death count could "start at 10,000"
  12. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) Does anyone know if other countries have come forward offering millions in aid and help like the US did after the tsunami? There was billions of dollars sent from almost all countries around the world.
  13. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 12:14 PM) The US is releasing 30 million barrels of crude from the reserves, and the IEA is releasing 60 million barrels of crude and gasoline over the next month. Energy prices came way down today. I edited this, I had incomplete info.
  14. The US is releasing 30 million barrels of crude from the reserves, and the IEA is releasing 60 million barrels of crude and gasoline over the next month. Energy prices came way down today.
  15. QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) I'm not certain which comment this came from. Looking across the region, from San Antonio eastward, there are organizations after organizations trying their best to offer aid and comfort. I know of a convoy that left here two days ago loaded with portable cook stations fueled by propane, to help where they could. Basically they left without a destination, and a phone bank of volunteers calling to see where they should go. They are heading to Dallas and possibly into LA. The looters get on the 5:00 news, but there are far more angels than devils. Its just like anything. The rioters are more sexy for 24 hour news than the generous. Its a sad statement on our society today.
  16. QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 11:39 AM) How do you: A. Know how much under the sticker to shoot for? B. Come off like you are in control of the situation? C. Translate haggling to monthly lease price? Don't let them negotiate with you in terms of lease price. MAKE THEM negotiate each piece of the deal separately. Workout the price of the car, then the trade in, then the financing.
  17. QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) You don't want to be looking back at an A.J. Pierzynski for Joe Nathan, Fransisco Liriano, and Boof Bosner type trade in 2 years, or at least I don't, especially if the trade didn't pay off in the short run. That's the problem with overpaying, but Kenny even said he was willing to overpay and still couldn't get a deal done. How much more can you ask of a GM? Or even better two months of Randy Johnson for Freddy Garcia, Carlos Guillen and John Halama. Except in the 2005 trade enviornment, THAT wasn't even enough. Teams wanted established players, plus top prospects in order to get a deal done. It has been well published around the country.
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:25 AM) Live feed. http://194.97.144.25/NewOrleans I can't through too it, it is too busy.
  19. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 10:52 AM) I just don't understand how the state government of LA and the federal government can be so unorganized. Wasn't there an emergency plan for if one of the levees broke? A good preview of this was 9/11 in NYC. Remember the disorganization, and the problems with bad communtications between agencies and local, state, and federal governments? Now take into account this is a much larger area, involving many more people, in much more dire conditions, and you have a recipe for disaster.
  20. QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:35 AM) we had ozuna and willie harris both on the bench, they are basically the same person (positionally wise) oh well, one of the few things we disagree on Ozuna plays the left side of the IF and left field. Willie plays second and CF if needed, I don't even see those two guys overlapping really. But I guess we will disagree
  21. QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) before we got blum, konerko played like 2 months straight, he could have easily been up during that period. And during that time, Gload would have played once a week to every two weeks at 1B, plus maybe another inning or two as a defensive replacement. We all know he would have been the second lefty PH behind Timo, so he wouldn't have gotten many ABs that way either. The Sox needed guys on the bench who either had speed, could play mulitple positions, and/or OFers. Without Gload being able to play the OF his usefulness was extremely limited.
  22. QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 09:21 AM) he doesn't "want" a decent contract, he wants some playing time that he's earned. And if Gload could play the OF, he would have had plenty of playing time... We have talked about this before at length. Ross Gload would have been a wasted spot on the roster when he could only play 1st or DH. If he could have played LF/RF it would have been a different story, and Ozzie said before he would have been up here, but with the way Ozzie uses his bench players, he needs flexibility and availablity.
  23. QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 10:04 PM) I have to say no to the six-man rotation. Let's face it Garland needs some more wins. Right now, he has very little confidence it seems. He's been stuck on trying to get no. 17 for like 3 weeks now. He needs that f***ing win real bad. Buehrle is a workhorse and loves all those innings, so just let him keep pitching. Garcia could use some more innings too. The Cubans are iffy, but El Duque really need some confidence before the postseason. I do have to say that Jose has been our best pitcher as of lately. B-Mac pitched well against Texas, but the only reason he was called up was to give El Duque regular rest. We should not move to a six-man rotation. Personal statistics mean nothing. Having Jon ready to pitch in October is all that really matters.
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:36 AM) I thought of this while watching the finale in Texas. AJ went into the Boston series tied with Varitek for most HR by a catcher with 17. He still had 17 until his dinger tonight. The last I heard, Varitek has about 21 HR now. AJs average has also come up about 30 points since he quit swinging for the fences. I like the consistancy of this AJ better.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.