Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:54 PM) Yes it was. Or, more, correctly, Soxtalk's Martyr, an unofficial and self-appointed position held perhaps most memorably by I4E during his short, tumultuous tenure. I trust this will not be construed as a personal attack, since martyrdom is usually seen as quite the admirable thing. Lots of job turnover, true, but nice work if you can get it. The pay isn't that great, but think of the benefits
  2. QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:42 PM) after all, a team with no player hitting above 280 and no great rbi stats surely wouldn't be above 35 games would they? ANd what happened to that year we were supposed to win the pennant because we had 4 guys with a .280, 25 hr, 80 rbi stats??? It went out the door with the 30 starts 200 IP= division winners theory.
  3. QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) Would Jesse Jackson show up? Only if there are TV cameras
  4. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) There is a way that I can prove/disprove the claim. Afford me the opportunity to test it. Allow me to create a new id that always takes the majority position. After 1 month's time I will reveal that it's really me Juggs & we can then look at the activity generated. Short of that there is plenty of evidence in the posts & threads. Including the topics I have created. I'll make you a deal. If you quit intentionally trying to ruin everyone else's experiences on Soxtalk, I'll let you make up a new name and post under it.
  5. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:47 AM) i will be there b****es, didnt buy the c of the c tickets but I will be in section 131 with freakin bells on. Maybe a beer in the fan deck? We'll all be in 105 IIRC. Stop by and say hey. Look for the dorks with nametags, and we'll be the ones next to them, sans the tags
  6. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:41 AM) He confirmed about an hour ago. Good deal. Aw what the heck, the first beer is on me
  7. southsider2k5 replied to RockRaines's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) sure, lets include them as well. I need a better way to get around the city and find parking, and my car-jeep and its gas mileage-11mpg is not cutting it. Anything but a taxi [shakes first] I hate them so much
  8. Sorry B, you have already been beaten to the game thread. It is pinned at the top of the page.
  9. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:28 AM) Does anyone else think that brooks is gona stop by the patio party to say hi, i think he will, thats just the type of guy he is When I emailed him last week, it did sound like he was going to stop by.
  10. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:21 AM) I would be very interested to see any evidence of said persons engaging in debate arguing a generally accepted conservative viewpoint. If you don't believe me, ask them, or ask any of the people they have debated against. Heck ask any vets who have posted in this thread, most of our opinions on all things controversial are pretty well known.
  11. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) Did YAS defect from the Dark Side and come over to us?!? I knew if I listed names I would forget people... I can't believe I forgot Balta on my list
  12. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:20 AM) Umm.. you should bring the glove. We're definitely in HR range. And umm.. baseballs...? You want my autograph, again? Yeah, on a blank check
  13. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) Jim usually does that when we sit out there... and I bet Wilkes will probably do it also. Just watch out if SS2K goes over there.. he's a little wild with his release.. Don't worry tonight I have a camera and a couple of baseballs.
  14. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:56 AM) Because I firmly believe the forum needs at least one visible conservative minded voice. Me, Kap, Mreye, ControlledChaos, EvilMonkey, NUKECLEVELAND, southsideirish, sox4lifeinpa... We have plenty of outspoken conservative christians on this board.
  15. I apologize for the blanket statement. I guess I should have qualified it. The sentiment stands. There should be more than 15,000 people at these games.
  16. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:33 AM) It is pretty ridiculous that to prove you are a sox fans you put whip out your credentials of the games that you have attended this year. I do not think true fans realistically need to go to any games. But I believe they should, if they can afford it. The correlation being, they have no problem getting mad at the team when they don't open the wallet to get big name players, yet have no problem keeping their wallets closed when they don't like the match up. That's what makes me mad about this. The same people who didn't want to pay to see KC, will complain when our payroll isn't $150 million next year.
  17. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:29 AM) Yea.. it does f***ing matter, to me, and I don't appreciate being lumped in a group you called fairweathers. Seriously, did I really need to spell it out in that big of detail? You really think I believe you are a fairweather fan?
  18. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) I'd appreciate if you revised your comments here. I'm sure you meant to say something like "many casual Sox fans are fairweather"... However it is worded doesn't matter. 15,000 people at a game with the best record in baseball in September is embarassing. I don't care if the Stickney little league B-team is on the field, there should be people in the seats. All this does is prove groups like the Tribune Company and Jay Mariotti right.
  19. Moveon.org jumps in to exploit the hurricane victims to get people to vote against Roberts for Head Justice of the Supreme Court.
  20. Vizcaino without a doubt.
  21. QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:08 AM) How did that answer his question? I wasn't there, nobody was there. Sox fans are fairweather fans, he is actually helping me prove my point. I have my list of excuses just like any of the other 25,000 blue seats that were there last night.
  22. QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 08:58 AM) Were you there last night? Exactly.
  23. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 07:59 AM) ^ This guy has made two homosexual remarks in this thread alone. Suspend or ban him? Its all taken care of
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 06:54 PM) Ok, so here's the question...do you want to go with the 6 man rotation, give BMac the starts, and potentially cost Mark/Jon 1 start a piece and a win that could make the difference in the Cy Young race, or do you go with the 5 man rotation and try to give those 2 the best shot you can? Personally...I plan for the playoffs at all costs, and go with the 6 man as long as Brandon can take it. Personal rewards mean nothing to me. Getting the rotation rested and set for the playoffs, and seeing if Brandon should be in the 2006 rotation mean way more than a Cy Young, as they should to this team. The thing that has gotten this team as far as it has, is the total lack of ego on the playing field. Hitters are willing to give up ABs to move runners over, pitchers are willing to do whatever Ozzie asks them etc. This team isn't talented enough to win as individuals, and if the pitchers are worried about CY awards, they aren't going to win in the playoffs anyway.
  25. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) I have been playing cornhole since i was a kid. QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:56 PM) We had a similar game in my fraternity.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.