southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AL Countdown Thread
Irony. The guy who now screams about every little thing, using a minute detail to get around the owner of the sites wishes.
-
AJ Pierzynski
None of us have anything official. I would write to AJ Pierzynski C/O Chicago White Sox/US Cellular Field 333 West 35th Street Chicago IL 60616 Or email the White Sox and ask them if there is a way that AJ prefers to be contacted, sending it to community@whitesox.mlb.com. Good Luck
-
Who's your game 1 starter for the playoffs?
OH shoot, now we have to watch out for the poll police
-
Looking ahead to the Twins series...
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 02:36 PM) I have no confidence we can beat Santana, no matter who's on the mound. So why waste one of our good pitchers when we can save them for a winnable match up?
-
Sox Charities, fans support hurricane relief
I love these stories, I only wish it could have been more...
-
Schilling houses 9 for a year
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:51 PM) Imagine that surprise to find out Shil is your roomie. I wonder how many could live at Crawford Ranch? I got to thinking about this for some reason last night and it hit me. Our last 4 Presidents that are still alive are from Texas, Arkansas, Texas, and Georgia respectively, and exactly zero have opened their houses to refugees from Katrina. Is this a statement on our society?
-
Post Count Doesn't Mean Much, but
QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) This is a fine opportunity for my first post. As a long time member of WSI, I've come to disagree with some of the policies over there. The mood and the atmosphere over there are getting downright scary. I checked out this site and joined approx. 2 months ago. I've lurked ever since. About a month ago, I was suspended for a ridiculous disagreement with PHG over the usage of the phrase "big game". OK, whatever. Since then, I've continued to watch member after member get banned, and I've grown weary of it. I like what I've seen here and while at this time I'm not completely abandoning WSI, it's bound to happen. In the meantime....here I am. Welcome to Soxtalk, hopefully you have a better experience here
-
Post Count Doesn't Mean Much, but
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) Yes we do have the finest mods and admins on the planet, Jason sprung for the deluxe mod package. We are taller and better looking than standard mods. We are also wittier, funnier, able to wield sarcasm with ease, bringing' the homeless blankets and dinner , we're regular Nobel Peace Prize Winners. Inside our heads may lay all the answers For curing' diseases from baldness to cancer, salt of the earth and real good dancers. As is easy to see, no pompous and sensitive mods here. BTW, if anyone doesn't agree, we're taking *** **** names and will ****ing ban you for 2 months.
-
White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) What we need is an icon of someone being beaten over the head with the broom...usable when people misuse that word (I ain't saying it) or the broom icon. I have always been partial to this guy , but any of the following are adequate :banghead :uhoh [cues music] The more you know...
-
Fun with numbers
QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 12:15 PM) Im concerned that we scored 2 or less 42 times!!! Actually the funny thing is that if you took our average of 2002-2004 we scored 2 runs or under an average of 44.33 games a year vs the 42 times this year, even with that legendary offense that we used to posess.
-
Who's your "other" team?
There has got to be a joke in here about playing for the other team... Now if I could just find it
-
Fun with numbers
Something I found on Reifort's blog. [the Sox] are 13-29 when scoring two or less, surpassing their win total from 2002-04 combined when they went 5-128 in those games
-
Hurricane Katrina
Something else I read that was interesting was the effect that the hurricane was having on many nonprofit organizations that depend on donations for their exsistance. I guess many of them are suffering through huge drop offs in their funding because people are giving to the Hurricane relief funds. Groups like people in ministry, local food pantries, and churches are really suffering through monetary shortages right now.
-
Who wants to join my fantasy league?
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) Eh, she's a Twins' fan. But all of my friends are cool. I don't associate with unworthy people. [insert Texsox joke here]
-
8 America's
http://www.joesherlock.com/Eight-Americas.html
-
Hurricane Katrina
The Curse of the Superdome
-
Hurricane Katrina
Bush takes responsibility for governmental failures
-
Pro Sports Daily Reports
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) We've had this discussion repeatedly here, and the general consensus has been (in large part due to people who claim insider info, along with the fact he's spent time training with the Hurt) that he never touched the stuff. And on top of that, it is pretty irresponsible to speculate about people when there isn't any fact basis to any allegations.
-
Death is too nice for these two...
QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) Is it not Hammurabi's code? And IIRC each one ends in he shall be put to death. Either the accused or the accuser. Loser pays. BTW, does my warning level go up again for overzealous grammar policing wink.gif? I don't think all of them end in death. It was much more for the punishment fit the crime. For example a thief would have his hand cut off.
-
Death is too nice for these two...
QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 09:17 AM) Tex, you beat your husband??? Seriously, those "parents" need a cage of their own for a bunch of years. I guess this would be one case where Hamarobi's code will actually take place.
-
SEPTEMBER TO REMEMBER
QUOTE(Hermanson32 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:41 AM) I have a feeling we are about to get serious and go back to our April formula of just winning series again. One at a time. With this mentality we will be able to take this division and prevent the Indians from pulling off the late comeback. I would however like to say, play Gload some more. "White Sox White Sox Go Go White Sox.....Let's GO GO GO WHITE SOX We're with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well except when school is in session, or when it is cold out, or if the team loses a few games, or if the offense doesn't show up, or if Timo plays, or d if Ozzie puts in Marte...
-
Death is too nice for these two...
The radio version of the story that I heard said that at least some of the kids were also disabled, including Downs and Autism.
-
Hockey players made to sit in vomit and urine
.365 BA? They are lucky they didn't kill her.
-
Post Count Doesn't Mean Much, but
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:09 PM) Random facts about Soxtalk It ranks 934 out of all internet message boards when going about total amount of posts. It ranks 1278 when judging by total members. 147th when judging by people visiting per day. 63rd when going by post/member ratio 100th when going by average users online. Meaningless facts of the day. Wow. To be honest I am shocked. I would have NEVER guessed that we ranked that high in those categories. To be the 147th most visited message board around is really surprising to me, because honestly in the big big scheme of things who are we? We have made no efforts to advertise or spam to attract new members, and yet here we stand 100th of all message boards in # of people visiting daily. That's a pretty incredible statement when you take into account that Soxtalk is all word of mouth, which is a testimony to the membership here. to all of you guys, you deserve it. All of those stats are directly because of you. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:58 PM) Have you guys ever thought about delteting names if the poster doesnt make a post in like 6 months? We thought about it, but I know for a fact there is a small contingent of lurkers who would lose their names on here, and we don't want that. In the past we have made efforts to erase duplicate names, and to delete obvious trolls, but in general we just leave well enough alone.
-
music
Paul McCartney's new album comes out today, "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard" Here is the Tribs review...