Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. CNBC was talking about 6-7 major oil slicks days ago.
  2. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) Should that be our next banner...I'm thinking YES How about "My Willie is my MVP"
  3. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:28 PM) Translation...Willie is a pimp...shizzam MVP-MVP-MVP
  4. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:23 PM) Jim got 4 extras for all 3 for my dad. Whatever he can't use I'll post. Congrats to those of you that got 'em. BUDDY, PAL, FRIEND OF FRIENDS
  5. Games one and two are completely sold out.
  6. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:12 PM) Just out of curiosity, are there set dates for these games when you're ordering? I know game 1 is the 4th, but other than that, I know nothing. No set dates. It could change based on home field advantage and match ups.
  7. Game two is already the same deal. No two seats together
  8. Game one took less than 5 minutes to have no two seats together available.
  9. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 11:18 AM) Is there any chance that regulatory hurdles could shut this down? Even though we have the incredibly lax Bush enforcement team running the government, would they allow Microsoft to buy up that much of an internet access company? Or is there any chance the Europeans could block the sale over on their side of the pond? They've already hit on Microsoft for anti-trust violations this year. The thing is, neither one of these companies really does what the other one does well. AOLs big thing is internet access, and MSFTs is computer programs. Usually the big arguement made in front of anti-trust regulators is the marketshare arguement, and that really doesn't exsist here. The best arguement they could make is a horizontal monopoly, and I don't see the combination of AOL/MSFT controlling all levels of the internet, so I don't think that would get much play there either. I don't know what the Europeans use to base anti-trust suits, but I don't see this marriage getting held up in the US.
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 10:24 AM) GMAFB... that kid will be plenty old enough to come to Soxfest. Don't you remember all the action from Tim Destiny got last year But the wife doesn't like the idea of a two month old baby being used for autographs and pictures :rolly :headshake
  11. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/15/M...2_HO542228.html
  12. I am not going to be able to stay the weekend like usual for obvious reasons, but I am going to have to find a way to hang out for a night, and crash on someone's floor maybe... Soxfest is always an incredibly fun time, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. Not only that, but go to the bar after hours if you are of age, and meet people and drink a lot. You won't regret it, well unless you are Krush.
  13. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:22 AM) Is that United? I know my roommate still has her frequent flier miles with them--and they honor her credit card miles too. . . Yeah that is United. You should be all right then.
  14. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:09 AM) I would seriously cry if they didn't honor my miles. The thing that sucks is, in the grand scheme of things debts owed to regular people are all of the down at the bottom of the list of who gets paid off. I imagine they would make a case to keep the frequent flier miles as a customer good will thing, but NWA has no authority to say that those WILL be there. That is up to the bankruptcy courts now. The best indicator would be did UAL have to give up their program as they have gone through bankruptcy? Anyone know?
  15. I guess Reynoso got turned down?
  16. How sad is it that the most controversial board that we have on here, is a much happier place to be than anywhere else on here?
  17. If the bankruptcy court ie their creditors tell them to lose the frequent flyer miles, they won't have any choice. They are writing checks their asses might not be able to cash.
  18. QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:13 AM) If you can't laugh at bathroom humor, what can you laugh at? Well there is always Wino
  19. For me it was Paul just barely over John George Ringo Yoko
  20. QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:04 PM) In the AL (I mentioned every team in the AL) he is 11th in Zone Rating, 8th in CS% and 6th in Games Played out of 11 eligible catchers. He is second (not in a good way) in PB. I like him and think he is good for the organization but feel he is average and can be resigned for a reasonable amount he has a personality that may turn teams off. Sorry if you feel differently but that is all I am saying. What the heck is zone rating for a catcher? Also much of the CS% isn't about his arm, it is about the track meet like jumps that Garcia, Contreras, and Hernandez give up, and the fact that Widger catches Buehrle many times.
  21. QUOTE(winodj @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 06:17 AM) Southwest is mostly not in the same boats because they get hedge contracts on fuel. Meaning that they're paying about a third less than most airlines at the moment. Or so I've heard. They were smart enough to hedge their fuel costs in the long term markets is true. That has been a big boost to their bottom line, no doubt, but their business model in general is what is blowing other companies out of the water. For one thing they only fly one model of plane, making all parts and planes completely interchangable with one another. I am sure Kap can give you more details, but the way that they do business is nothing like the rest of the airlines. To be honest, I am fully expecting at least one or two of the top 10 airlines to end up at a liquidation auction before all is said and done. The way that they do business is completely unsustainable, and their creditors will soon realize that.
  22. There is no debating that the AOL Time Warner merger was one of the biggest disappointments of the internet stocks craze. It was supposed to create the first of many marriages between old media and new. After that was announced rumors such as a Yahoo-Disney merger and many others started to fly, but never actually happened. Instead the internet stocks bubble burst and the whole thing never came close to expectations. Well today on CNBC there is a rumor floating around that TWX is in talks to sell the AOL division to Microsoft. This is really intreaguing indeed, because internet access is one area where MSFT has failed miserably, and it would give AOL access to all of the consumer products that it always wanted access to when it mergered with TWX, except this time the consumers are much more correctly aligned IMO. It will be interesting to see if this happens.
  23. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:50 PM) Yeah, we kicked Johan's ass the second time we saw him in a short span last month I hope you aren't comparing Johan Santana to JP Howell.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.