southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Frat Guy Rules
All right that is plenty. I am going to close this before some of you all end up getting suspended over this stuff.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:46 PM) Not only that, but had the California National Guard (the people who found him) followed the orders from FEMA...the guy would never have been found. OC Register...Registration Required. The interesting thing to see would be how many people died because groups who weren't following orders and instead were breaking into peoples houses to check on dead bodies, meanwhile having people who needed rescuing die waiting to get it, because they wasted precious time with people who were already dead. But I guess there isn't really a way to quantify that. I would be curious to hear more about why they decided to break into this particular guys house if he gave no real indications of being alive.
-
White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread
QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:34 PM) Not that Howell guy AGAIN! This is the second time around with a short break in between. The Sox will get to Howell this time. They always look much better against a pitcher in this situation.
-
Frat Guy Rules
QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 02:38 PM) i'm pretty sure i don't think i'm better than anyone.... And I know you aren't better than anyone... ZING!
-
Hurricane Katrina
A man was rescued from his home emaciated and dehydrated after 16 days. Officials were amazed he was still alive. http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050914/wl_af...er_050914172358
-
Pledge of Allegiance declared unconstitutional
http://www.nbc5.com/education/4973102/deta...&dpswid=&dppid=
-
When Domain Names go bad
http://www.snopes.com/business/names/domains.asp
-
We're up to 5-blades!
QUOTE(mreye @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) I go electric. Funny, your wife said the samething
-
Now THIS is comedy
Tom Delay said there is no more fat in the budget left to cut http://www.washtimes.com/national/20050914-120153-3878r.htm
-
Arrest Warrant for Me!
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:41 AM) When I got a lift into the city with my sister the other week, I am still shocked that she hasn't had a speeding ticket since she got her license. And then my Dad got one for being 3KPH over the speed limit (yes that's actually bookable down here), and needless to say he hit the roof and I quote "I will never drive my car to work again, and will catch nothing but public transport"....... Needless to say, that scenario lasted about a couple of days. Whats a "KPH"?
-
BIG NEWS
QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:37 AM) If you would have said you just saved alot of money on car insurance by switching to Geico, I would have had to hunt you down and kill you. RANCH!!!
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 10:17 PM) What do you say to an old "friend" whom you haven't spoken with for years because you've become totally different and clashing people? But who is so completely miserable and lonely that you feel really bad for them? On a related note: I need more emotionally repressed/stoic friends (i.e. men). Email her a link to this post
-
El Duque to start on Saturday
QUOTE(downstairs @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) Come on, Ozzie... stop with the Dusty Baker impressions. Sports is not about respect, letting a man down, and all that crap. Its about winning and nothing else. Do you work as hard for a guy you don't respect?
-
Marte--To be suspended or put on DL
QUOTE(Kristy @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Good!!!!! He's a waste of space. Welcome to Soxtalk
-
Southsider....
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:51 AM) No one wants 30+ posts a day? The sad thing is that the only reason I started posting is because I was bored at work, and it was all downhill from there. It would actually be nice to have a job where I did something all day, instead of message boards.
-
Hurricane Katrina
Congressman uses National Guard to check on house
-
Southsider....
Yeah, it would be different. The thing is I have been trying forever to find someone to hire me to do actual work, and no one wants to.
-
Konerko to be an Angel?
QUOTE(Rich McKinney @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 08:42 PM) Wake up, Rock. Like I'm criticizing season-ticket holders? I'm criticizing the town of Chicago for not supporting OUR team. Besides, I've been around longer than just about all of you and have supported the Sox for a lot longer, as well. You guys need to lighten up or you will continue to lose people who can contribute to this site. I think you are the one who needs to lighten up. If you keep getting into peoples faces, you aren't going to last long here anyway.
-
Max innings this year to qualify for rookie status
50 IP or so many days on the active roster (I forget how many exactly)
-
The Greasy and SnB Show
Such shameless spamwhores.... I AM SO PROUD!!!
-
Marte--To be suspended or put on DL
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:53 PM) Kudos to Al Lopez' ghost who did break this story correctly after Sunday's game. No media outlet reported Marte had been thrown off the team, not even Bruce Levine. Definately. Thank for the info
-
Congrats to BMac!
This is from whitesox.com, an Ozzie quote
-
A few words on the term "refugee"
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 06:44 PM) You would fit in nicely with the media. Take the extra 30 seconds, grab an f'ing dictionary, and use the proper term. /end Actually I was thinking that with the spin you are reading into the medias application you would make a good politician. And really there is no need to get an attitude problem with this. Pull whatever it is, out of your rear, and talk to me when you can act like you want to have an intelligent conversation instead of just screaming at people.
-
A few words on the term "refugee"
Silly me, I always took refugee to mean one seeking refuge. I don't see racial, religious, or national overtones, until other people imply it.
-
Bonds
QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 13, 2005 -> 05:09 PM) The argument for Babe Ruth is that his stats were far and away better than anyone he played against. He was pounding 50+ HR's a year when the guy hitting the second most was only hitting 15-20. He lapped the field in almost every offensive category. Plus, he was a premier pitcher... Pretty good argument there...IMO Ruth's numbers aren't that great when compared with other pitchers from the era. He was good, but his W/L was also exaggerated because he played on WS champion teams. Plus the biggest difference for me is the difference in the pitching you would have faced then. Remember there was no slider, splitter, cutter etc. There was also no specialty relief such as closers and set up men. You saw one pitcher 4-5 times a game, and you also saw them a bunch more times a year, because the league was way smaller. Don't also forget the knee to armpit strike zone that exsisted in that day. It would be really interesting to see the Babe step in against a guy like Rocket who has a 95+ fastball, splitter, and a nasty change, or to see a two pitch Walter Johnson try to get out a Barry Bonds who has complete strike zone presence. Personally I believe with the addition of specialty pitchers, new pitches, bigger athletes etc, that any player from today's era would kill anyone from the 20's. Don't let the numbers fool you, these guys today are way, way better.