Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Would increased fuel costs and a newer reluctance for people to drive places have anything to do with that? I don't think that is factored in at all honestly. I believe this is all because of people who don't have jobs anymore, and the loss of productivity both because of the lost jobs and the diverting of resources to the afflicted area. From everything I have read, the elasticity of gasoline makes for a smallish reduction in consumption.
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Of course, then there's the bloody, oh so bloody, coups. And we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) i'm not cool enough to be banned [knock, knock] SECURITY!!! It never gets old
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) We've banned Jason before. We have also staged bloodless coups, but that is a story for a different day.
-
Hurricane Katrina
The August Beige book is predicting that 400,000 or more people could be added to the unemployment rolls after Katrina, and subtract as much as one full point from economic growth figures http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/weather/090705...na_economy.html
-
2006 rotation
QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:53 PM) My mistake. Begs the question though, why would Texas trade him? They wouldn't, not even for a bundle of pitching. He is extremely popular down there. They have been trying to trade hitting for pitching for a couple of years now, they just haven't been able to find anyone to dance with them. I think playing in the AL West they know they need some pitching if they ever want to win anything out there, as they haven't gotten anywhere having an incredible offense for years.
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:46 PM) Don't f*** with chicks in bee costumes! "Ay-ay-ay, Señor Ding-Dong!"
-
2006 rotation
QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:37 PM) Doesn't Texiera play 1B? So if we do that- that means bye bye Pauly? Unless we make it to the World Series, I don't see us getting back Paul Konerko. If we haven't signed him by now, that usually means something with this team. But I also see KW doing something big to replace him and not sticking us with Ross Gload at first base.
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
Would you ban this poster, hmmm.... QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:34 PM) (watch out for that Southsider guy.. he's an asshole ).
-
2006 rotation
QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) I am pretty sure Blalock is a Boras client so IMO there is no way the White Sox trade for him. If anyone from Texas is available it is Texiera, as they have Adrian Gonzalez waiting in the wings. They have tried to trade their power hitters for pitching in the past, and I could really see a Marte/Contreras for Texiera deal being something that could happen.
-
Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) I don't have that problem.. I like everyone. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:26 PM) Even me? Well except for Texsox, but no one likes him, so that is OK
-
Curry asks Bulls to explore sign and trade deal
- 2006 rotation
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) What happens to Contreras if El Duque isn't around him next year? If AJ returns, nothing. AJ is the difference in Contreras, I'll swear to it.- Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:58 AM) I use the "f" word at WSI, and here, and I've never been banned there. I've also been negative, critical, and even at times I attack Henry - although he deserves it Yet I somehow manage to do all that within their "rules". It's not that hard, really. On another note.. they close and move any threads discussing Soxtalk or s***ting on the mods from here to their roadhouse to die. Some professional courtesy perhaps... And therein lies one of the big differences between Soxtalk and WSI, we let people talk about what they want to talk about, even if not all of us like it. Personally I don't care what WSI does, and could care less if I ever see a thread about them again. I see it like they have their own thing, and we have ours. People can make their decesions about which format they like better. I can see the appeal of WSI to some, especially when you consider there are a whole lot worse places that people could go for their Sox fixes. The thing is, as long as people are being decently respectful of each other while talking about this, I don't see this as any different than any of the other conversations that we do let go on here.- Players who can be obtained via rule V
QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:28 AM) Thanks. Do you know the date that players must be protected by in order to be safe from the rule V? I believe rosters get set sometime quickly after the World Series ends, but don't quote me on that.- Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) I'm donating my time today to volunteer at an American Cross blood drive, donate $50, then give some blood. Hopefully I can now be forgiven of being a huge cynical asshole. Actions speak louder than words.- Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:20 AM) Have I not been better under the new rules though? I don't think you were ever a problem poster in the first place. You might not be the happiest guy in the world, but you have never gone after other posters that I know of. Like I said, you are OK in my book- Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:19 AM) My apologies, I just wanted some feedback from Sox Fans and didn't know where to put it. Please go ahead and move it to the appropriate forum. #3: Thanks. Not a problem. We try to keep this board for strictly Sox stuff. SLaP is the wide open area for anything that might be on your mind. Another thing is that if you ever have any concerns about stuff here, you can always PM any of the mods/admins or post your concerns and we can adress them appropriately.- Would You Ban this Poster?
QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) So you're saying it's a good thing I don't post over there? Fathom, I would give you a 5 post under/over... And I'd bet the under- Would You Ban this Poster?
A few things. #1.No you would not have been banned here. #2.We really don't want to see someone's dirty laundry from another site aired out here. If you want to rant, we ask that you keep it to the off topic board, Sex, Lies, and Politics. #3 Welcome to Soxtalk- Hurricane Katrina
This will probably throw a little gasoline on the fire, but it is interesting to see the local angle examined in the response to Katrina http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/344065p-293598c.html A couple of things that blew me away.- Magglio Ordonez
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:09 AM) Or my sleeper team, the Toronto Blue Jays. But yes, unless Mike Illitch keeps spending and spending (and it's actually on some difference makers), Ordonez probably won't be around in Detroit in the future. Its Borass history. He goes out and takes the biggest deal he can find for a client, dispite the make up of the team that bids highest. Then he complains when the team doesn't win and tries to get them traded somewhere else.- Hurricane Katrina
- Magglio Ordonez
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) Wonder when that rumor will pop up again that Maggs wants out, if Detroit can't get above .500 in the near future......... Within two years, Magglio will be a Yankee or a Red Sox. Book it.- Bad News for the Red Wings
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 03:56 PM) Join me, Mike. De_troit_sucks! De_troit_sucks! HELL YEAH!!!! - 2006 rotation