Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:35 PM) As a kid in the early 80s I vividly remember Nancy always following up Take Me Out to the Ballgame with the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club for the 7th inning stretch. When did she begin and when did she stop that? I remember that as a kid in the 80's as well. "M-I-C...." And DEFINATLELY better than when they started doing YMCA :puke
  2. QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) Is there an easy way of getting these data - or did you go year by year through baseball-reference.com (or retrosheet) to turn this up. I did this on my blog, and had to go year by year. I cheated... it was on the back page of the Trib.
  3. I always liked having "runaround Sue" like the used to play after pitching changes. Also a good songs to have on any Sox CD are "My kind of town" and "Sweet Home Chicago"
  4. Also don't forget to make your Picks to Click... game starts in about 50 minutes!!!1
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) Even if you don't want to admit it, there really is something to the "Win" stat - you're putting your team in a position to win the ballgame, and that means a lot to me, even if Buehrle's getting a lot of no decisions. I say Garland solely on the dozen wins. That would be my logic as well. Wins are sexy, and that's what the voters look at.
  6. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) That is funny. A webmaster with a sense of humor
  7. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) It probably effects the pitchers more than the position players. But you dont hear Houston, Florida, or Atlanta complaining about hot summers bringing down their players. The Rangers problems still revolve around their starting rotation, IMHO. Houston plays their home games in a Dome, so I knock them off of the list right away. Isn't Miami much more tropical in their temps? I didn't think they get the 100 degree heat daily, like Texas gets in June-September. Atlanta, I have no idea, as they seem to have pretty hot summers.
  8. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:54 AM) That is really funny. That kid shouldn't be allowed out in public.... I got licked by a stripper once. That was not funny. No way. Send a camera crew out with this kid, it would be funnier than any of that crap they call reality TV right now!
  9. Wait WinoDJ is a stripper?
  10. It would have been LaMarr Hoyt if he hadn't have thrown away his career for drugs. Right now it has to be Black Jack, simply because he went longer, but no doubt Buehrle will surpass him if he stays healthy and a White Sox.
  11. QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) You are dead on YASNY. I truly don't expect Texas to be in the playoffs. It seems to happen every year. It would be interesting to see an all-time breakdown of the Rangers record month-by-month to see how much of an effect playing in that heat takes out of the players. I swear it seems like they fade down the stretch every year.
  12. QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) Well done, SS2K5... I just heard the official lineups and you are right on. As you said, just swap Dye and Rowand and also Widger and Crede. Eh, I just figured you would put Widgers better OBP in front of Ozuna, instead of Crede. Oh well, I'll still pat myself on the back.
  13. That is awesome. The Iraqi information minister must have found new work...
  14. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) They were 30 games over after 40 games. Nothing similar about it. And IIRC 3 of those losses were put on the Kitties by our beloved southsiders... But that is neither here nor there, this thread is all about basking in the glory that has been our first 70 games. B)
  15. Through 70 games 2005: 48-22 1915: 46-24 1901, 1907, 1919, 1954, 1990, and 2000: 45-25 Something to look forward to, best records after 80 games. 1901, 1907, and 1919: 52-28 1915, 2000: 51-29 1917, 1920, 1954, and 1957: 50-30 [steps back and enjoys the view]
  16. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) Here is my line up prediction... Ozuna-SS Iguchi-2B Thomas-DH Konerko-1B Everett-LF Rowand-CF Dye-RF Crede-3B Widger-C Actually the more I think about it, flip Arow and Dye in the order.
  17. Here is my line up prediction... Ozuna-SS Iguchi-2B Thomas-DH Konerko-1B Everett-LF Rowand-CF Dye-RF Crede-3B Widger-C
  18. The Rich Daley machine has some work to do...
  19. Not a good one? That is f***ing hilarious. You can't make up stuff like that.
  20. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) Did you meet Joe Vallee, the Doobies guitar tech? He was an instructor at the guitar school I went to. Joe Vallee rocks!! Maybe. The techs/roadies all went separately in the tour bus. I did work with lots of those guys during set up/tear down, but there weren't really any intros.
  21. I was glad to see the Doobies out there, anything to draw more attention and fans to the team, in a positive manner. Plus they still do a pretty good show. I am a volunteer for a local county fair group, and I always help set up the concerts. The Doob's I actually got to drive back and forth to the hotel, and they were all really nice guys.
  22. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) I agree. Great idea. This is kind of a test for it. If it goes well we might look at a forum for it.
  23. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:06 AM) And we can't forget "Yankee by Birth, Texan by Choice" We need a Texas flag smilie, bad.
  24. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:57 AM) I sometimes wish it was. It is an extended cab with a full size bed. I need it for my business. Towing a 10 ton trailer takes some muscle. Down the road I may switch to a diesel. 10 miles to a gallon is tough to swallow sometimes. No gun rack. The Bush Farm and Ranch Team bumper sticker fell off when I got it. It does have a Boy Scout and Country music station stickers. And the obligatory "Proud to be Texan" sticker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.