Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Nice job hi8is!!!
  2. One more interesting thing I have not seen mentioned on here, which I heard on the radio broadcast last night, was that because Hernandez neglected to tell Oz and Kenny that he was still hurting until Sunday, Brandon threw a side session on Sunday at AAA. I wonder if this was affecting Brandon's arm last night?
  3. Da Mare was at the game last night as well. Glad to see he left his Cub hat in Atlanta.
  4. Howdy all... I have gotten a couple of PMs with ideas about setting up an area for people who want to swap/sell/buy tickets for games. I am going to pin this thread up for a while, and if there is interest it will stick around. Essentially if you are looking to buy-sell-trade-giveaway tickets to any White Sox games, post your interests and specifics here, that way people can PM or post to you to get the hook up. Any questions or suggestions to make this better just let me know. Mike
  5. He'll go in as a first baseman, that is where he has played the majority of his career while healthy.
  6. Great promo that is long overdue.
  7. QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:59 AM) I read on the Astros board that Andy Pettitte is on the trading block. What would it take to get Pettitte Where did you read that at?
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:42 PM) On the other hand, there's always the possibility that come August, we'll see the Twins, Yankees, and Bosox on our calendar, realize that these are the games we need to win, and we'll go all "Sox vs. Yankees and Indians in 2000" on their asses and walk out of those 2 weeks with like 2 losses. We've been basically hovering around or inching upwards from about 18 games above for the last month or so...no gigantic 7 game winning streaks like we had twice earlier this season. We're due to get blazing hot again. And I think we just might be there now. I hope you are right, and this year this team looks like they could do it. But when you look at a schedule like that, you can't help but get a cold chill.
  9. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:21 PM) Game 1 at Comiskey Park against the Cubs in 2000. Bullet Bob was on to pitch the 9th; with two outs, he walked Mark Grace, and I thought for sure that Sosa would be the last out of the game. Instead, Sosa homered, tying the game. After experiencing my first 14th inning stretch, I got to see the Milkman deliver, like he did so many times that year. Of course, the next year, there was a much better walk-off moment against the Cubs, but its already been mentioned. I was at that game in the UD right behind home plate. I saw the best chick fight ever during the extra innings. Oh yeh, and watching Ray win the game was awesome.
  10. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) How many season tickets to the cubs our held by businesses and distributed to clients, employees, whoever?? I'm willing to bet that's a big difference in season tickets holders between sox and cubs. Businesses have clients that want to see Wrigley? Is there any data on that or any way to find out?? Tickets held by fans vs tickets held by companies?? It's a write off for a business isn't it?? I would be willing to bet that the Cubs season ticket base is double the Sox. No hard evidence, just a hunch.
  11. QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) It seems like Brooks Boyer actually likes her. Gallas was an asshole to her, made life miserable. Her contract discussions have always been on a December, January sort of timetable. I think Brooks is smart enough to know that the legend/image of Nancy isn't worth messing with.
  12. QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 06:07 PM) Will they renew her contract this year? I really hope so. She is as much of an icon on the southside as Harry ever was, and she carries herself with tons of dignity and class, unlike Harry.
  13. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:47 AM) Here's a weird angle for you. Do you think the success of the team might actually hurt attendance in the second half? It appears to be a real possibility that this team will make the post season. Perhaps some fans will save their money for playoff tix instead of splurging on a few extra regular season games. Interesting thought, but I doubt it. Chicago fans love a winner, and jump in with two feet.
  14. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) seriously? Its was well reported back a few years ago. Jay isn't allowed in the ballpark, they don't want him there. His cronies do his digging for him now.
  15. Guys it is this simple. There is no sense freaking out everytime we draw 20k to a game. You can't average 38,000 a game with a season ticket holder base of something like 10-15k people. We had a walk up of almost 10,000 people last night to get to the 34,000 we got. This isn't a one month deal, building attendance takes years. That's right, years. You have to build a big season ticket base, while simultaniously building casual interest. How long were the Cubs on WGN everyday, nationwide, before they started getting 35k a night? Here is their historical attendance numbers. Does anyone see a year where their attendance jumps 10,000 a game? I don't. As a matter of a fact their biggest jump of the last ten years was in 1998, which just happened to be the year they made the playoffs. But if you look at it, their attendance trends up by a couple thousand people a game, every year. So even the miracle Cubs attendance, wasn't some overnight thing. It took about 20 years to get to the point where it is at now. http://baseball-almanac.com/teams/cubsatte.shtml As per the chart that GHC posted, the Sox attendance is up about 10% this year which would translate to an extra 200,000 people at the ball park. Using a conservative guess of each person spending $50 during their ballpark experience, we are talking about an extra $10 million in revenues for the Sox. Keep in mind the Sox have not hosted the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs yet, who are their biggest draws traditionally, and they also have not yet had 5 Monday nite games, and none of the pennant race games have yet been played. Climb back off your ledges people, this is a work in progress, and it is building.
  16. QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) this guy used to be a columnist at a paper i used to work at. you can't take anything he says seriously. he doesn't really go anywhere. he just writes columns off his couch. i doubt he's seen a white sox game in person this century. He has only been to the new ballpark once since it opened. Now they won't let him in it.
  17. One thing I did notice. He started to struggle when we went and had all of the series against the NL west teams, where he pitched for years as a starter. I wonder if that was a part of the problem?
  18. QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 03:12 PM) I was at that game (one of only 4 or 5 home games I've been to since I moved out of Illinois in '96)! Park was packed for fireworks - I remember the Sox scratching and clawing to win that one. Here's the box: August 5, 2000. Thomas hit a bomb that game, too. That's our wedding date.
  19. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:45 PM) Mine as well. Just say nod your head when he's looking at you and say hi. Don't be an a** and say something stupid. Unless he initiates something, you shouldn't. See also my sig.
  20. QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:31 PM) I hate when players appeal and still get to play. I would change the rule of when you appeal a suspension, you have to sit out until you get the answer back. It doesn't bother me that players get an appeal, but it does piss me off when they appeal just to play in a certian series, but drop the appeal when they hit an easy stretch of games. My rule would be if you appeal, you can't change your mind, and you serve your suspension when MLB saids so.
  21. I :wub Nancy. They need to let her play "Kiss him Goodbye" after every single HR again.
  22. LET'S GO GET EM BRANDON!!!!!
  23. southsider2k5 replied to whitesoxjr27's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) It's times like this that make me wish Royko was still alive. He's doing barrel rolls in his coffin right now. Read John Kass.
  24. QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:14 PM) That's not even close to correct. Unless by "more than halfway to second" he means, standing on first base...
  25. southsider2k5 replied to whitesoxjr27's topic in SLaM
    Too bad he can't make it any easier to get rid of corrupt Mayors... That would be a good way to start to fix Chicago.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.