Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:48 AM) Yeah, I know. It should have been green. My cousin works for the railroad, so I know what pantagraphs are, and yes, I'm Catholic. Clever, but how many know what "those electric thingys on top of the train" are called? Me I probably should have gotten that, but you never know. Personally I liked the obscurity of the name, and the joke that as a South Shore commuter, you get to skip pergatory because you have already been there. If anyone has other cool name ideas, feel free to contribute. And mreye, if you are interested, I would love to have you as one of the posters to the blog. Nothing big, just when you see something funny, ironic, or entertaining, post it. It doesn't have to be an everyday thing or anything.
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) I'm from Indiana. I don't know what those words mean. The Pantagraphs are the metal things on top of the SS train that connect the train to the overhead wires. You're Catholic right? You should know what Pergatory is...
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:40 AM) Sounds cool. BTW, what do you all think of the name "Pantagraphs to Pergatory"?
  4. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:29 AM) Geek! BTW, let me know when it's up. I want to try to do the same idea as those other two, the overheard in NY and this one from the CTA CTA Tattler, except having more stuff about the stupid conversations we have, and how many muggles we offend and run off. It has become almost a contest for us. I also want to get as many SS commuters as possible to contribute, that way we can cover as many trains as possible.
  5. Its worth noting again, that this is the first time in the history of interleague play that an AL pitcher threw a two hitter in Denver.
  6. For those who are interested, we are having a contest to guess when Soxtalk will get to a million posts. Deadline to enter is Friday http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34678&st=0
  7. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:07 AM) I dunno if this is what you're talking about, but Soxy and a couple others I think have posted quips from the Overheard in NY site. That might be it. Thanks Jim
  8. Good to hear Jim... Get healthy and get up there and rescue the Knights!!!
  9. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:21 PM) Losses are magnified? LOL Around here we put every loss under a Scanning Electron Microscope. Wins too.
  10. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:20 PM) Buffalo Chicken Basket from DQ. I get a 50% discount and sneak as many as I want. Friend, buddy, pal...
  11. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    LMFAO!!!
  12. To put this game in perspective, no AL team in the history of interleague play has ever pitched a two hitter in Denver. Freddy was f***ing awesome.
  13. Some friends and I are thinking of setting up a comedic style commuter blog for people who ride the South Shore train into Chicago. I wanted to show them a couple different blogs, but I only have the link to the CTA one. I seem to remember that there was a pretty excellent one for New York City, and if anyone has a link and/or a name, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance
  14. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:08 PM) is this the first meeting ever between these two teams? Yes it is. Also will be the first meeting with the Padres. The Sox have met the Dodgers once in the 59 World Series
  15. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:44 PM) I think this is the best point anyone has made for any side of the argument. SS, Milkman I think you two are great posters, you guys are both posters That I actually read posts from. I didn't mean to step on either of your toes. I guess I like the sox too much for my own good. My grandfather got me into baseball when I was four and It formed a bond that I now have with my younger siblings. (The bonds I formed were priceless to me) I hope have the same bond one day with kids and grandchildren. The white sox are priceless to me. Please don't be under the impression that I am a rich snob. I'm not. I'm 23, I was raised middle class. I have been on my own since I was 19. I am still establishing myself now but do pretty good compared to what I was doing in my late teens. I understand what $100,000 means. Once again Please accept my apologies. Its cool dude. To each his own
  16. Without a doubt, Gary Glover is not better than any pitcher we have on our staff right now, and probably not better than at least our top two minor league relief options.
  17. Tex you cheater!! I wanted to see what people knew off of the top of their heads... Way to ruin my thread
  18. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:49 PM) Sad news from the Rockies.... Wow, there might not be anything sadder than something happening to a child. Prayers go out to the whole Hurdle family
  19. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:54 PM) Mike you know how open I am to others' opinions and advice. Seriously, we are never too old to learn something (should rent a plane with a banner behind it and fly over quickman's house). lol. I know, I just couldn't resist the jab... it was sooooo there.
  20. Wow that is awful. Get well soon kid.
  21. QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 04:36 PM) I think it's dumb to tell someone the thread they started is dumb. It's an opinion forum. If someone has something to share, they should be encouraged to do so as long as it is in good taste and in keeping with forum policies concerning language and content. I wonder how many people just look and don't participate because they're afraid some jagoof is going to tell them their ideas are dumb. Great post. Thank you, seriously. This has been needed to be said for a while.
  22. QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:28 PM) DONT TELL ME TO SHUT THE f*** UP...WHO ARE YOU, YOUR A NO ONE.... f*** YOU ASS HOLE This is unacceptable. Take a few days off and relax a little.
  23. I am going to try this subject, just because I found it interesting. If it doesn't work it might get locked away quickly, so forgive me if it doesn't. Does sexism exsist when it comes to masterbation? Think of how many different phrases there are for male masterbation? Now try to think some up for the female process... Not nearly as easy huh? My question is how many of these terms or phrases do you all know? A group I know (including 3 females) could only come up with 5 or 6. Are there a bunch of them we don't know about, or do they just not exsist. I told them if anyone knew the terms and phrases, it was you all... Now help me out!!!
  24. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 04:04 PM) wtf? Im just trying to make a point. I grew up middle class. I know what it is to need money. But this is f***in America. Go out and get it. I am trying to compliment you all by saying you guys are more than capable of obtaining $100,000. Us Americans make too many f***en excuses. We want everything handed to us. I have Bills *sob* *sob* I'm in debt . What the f*** ever. People come here everyday to this country with nothing. Nothing at all , and build a fortune for themselves. If money means that much to a lot of you, then quit your blue collar jobs, quit your bad spending habits, make the most out of your time, take college courses that will actually pay off ( not have you making $30,000 grand a year) . I'm sorry, this is the truth. You all can hate me after this. I was told this a while back and it paid off. Quit making excuses and expecting things handed to you ( lottery, gambling jackpot ect) Invest reather than spend. a rich man invests his money ( so his money works for him) An average money works for a living and saves most of what he has a poor man works and never saves . spends half his check on payday and is broke a week before the next pay period. nothing wrong with being either of the 3. I'm just saying change your lifestyle if you need money that bad. Silly me, I think a baby and a college education are good things to go into debt for... :rolly And the statement about being expected to be handed something is just ignorant. Who said they expected anything? Someone asked a hypothetical question, and people answered. Then you started passing judgements on people based on their answers to an impossibility. Personally I think it is ignorant to say that a game is more important than family and education, but that's just how I was raised.
  25. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:05 PM) Where are you in the neighborhood, I grew up at 29th and Poplar and my great aunt still lives near 28th and Emerald. More importantly, tell us about the hangouts. We know them here but are always interested in the perspective of a Bridgeport guy. Jim asking for hangout advice???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.