Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:28 AM) Wasn't Ryan involved in some scandal regarding driver's licenses a couple years ago? Exactly. The Sec States office were selling them to people who ordinarily could not get them. One man ended up getting into an accident that killed a family of like 6 or 7 people in a horrible firey crash a few years back. And of course the money went into the reelect Jim Ryan campaign coffers.
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) Families? They're all virgins! They could be having sex with each other...
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:08 AM) I've got an quicker, more simple idea: TERM LIMITS!!!!!!!!!! Even simpler idea. OBEY THE LAW!
  4. QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 08:17 AM) Jim Ryan? Agreed. I can't believe that intelligent men such as Delay and Ryan make such idiotic decisions. My favorite is the former mayor of Waterbury, CT (can't recall his name). He was thrown out of office and imprisoned for having intercourse with underage prostitutes. And it gets even better: His father-in-law is in the mafia. I wonder how long it'll be before he gets shanked in the joint. Mail fraud was Rosty. He would take a $1000 mail voucher and go buy a book of stamps and then keep the change IIRC. He actually did time, which by itself is pretty amazing. Jim Ryan's time is coming, and I hope Rich Daley's is too.
  5. No surprise there. I said it when it happened, that you could tell from the reaction of Damaso that it was on purpose.
  6. Does his ankle still swell with airtravel? If so he is not going to be here in the middle of May.
  7. $14.95 for a year is a huge steal. I signed up for it at the beginning of spring training.
  8. QUOTE(mreye @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:48 AM) He was thinking what most career politicians think: "I'm above the rules, my family deserves this..." Exactly. If they would actually start throwing the book at these guys with the ferver they get worked up for over nothing, maybe these guys would think twice about breaking the law. Politicians should be held to a higher standard of the law, not a lower one.
  9. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:27 PM) i know they want Izzo but the real question is does Izzo want to leave from college basketball. The real question is will Izzo compromise his promises to his kids for $6 or $7 million a year for a long term contract?
  10. QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:05 PM) Why not? 6'9 or 6'10 guys are now often able to dribble the ball and bring it up court. 6'7 guys are playing shooting guard. The game has changed. Whether the line is the right distance or not, should not have anything to do with a player of a certain size being able to shoot it. And none of those guys are "typical". Those are special players at the college level.
  11. QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 07:12 PM) I think DeRon will be better than Kirk and I do think he's the #2 PG in the draft. I said he's a little overrated, but let's not underrate him now. I certainly would take Felton ahead of him, but not anyone else really. I think Luther will be the Tony Allen of this draft. A very nice pickup. He does alot of things that NBA players these days don't do(90%) of them. Deron can shoot way better than Hinrich already. That is one big advantage. I will say I think Kirk is a better one on one defender.
  12. southsider2k5 replied to FlaSoxxJim's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:33 AM) What? No honeymoon? Well I for one am glad to see that Britney stood up for herself and meant what she said when she said she was sick of the media being involved in every aspect of their life, and that all they want is a little privacy.
  13. I'm glad they finally got this done. Now on to the really fun part, and the constitution.
  14. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:54 PM) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bulls by 5. Someone went out on a limb and then sawed it off while standing on it.
  15. Damn are we racists. We make over 200 countries get visas at the expense of 27 favorites.
  16. First time in the history of the USA that a President has attended a Popes funeral. Now we send 3 and it isn't enough.
  17. Man I can hardly wait for someone to get shot, so everyone will be right.
  18. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 03:39 PM) It took winodj over a year to reach one thousand posts. It took him over six months to reach two thousand posts. It took him less than three months to reach three thousand posts. If trends continue, I could be battling Southsider for Spam Superiority within two years! Oh naive one, you need to start getting to 1000 posts a month if you want to hang with the King of Spam. And watch out for that Critic. One minute he is peeking into your bathroom, the next he is peeking into your bedroom yelling "It Stinks!"
  19. Funny screen shot from the NY Times. Evidently they hadn't quite finished the article when it went up on their site the first time. http://powerlineblog.com/archives/TimesPope.php
  20. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ex.html?cnn=yes
  21. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) We just need shaq to get hurt again and we have a decent shot. They don't have any answer for Wade either. That is the one thing the Bulls really need to fix next year is to find a shutdown defender at the 2 position.
  22. Wow the Bulls are starting 4 guys under 8 ppg against the Heat. This one could be UGLY.
  23. Wow that is pathetic. Jerry needs to get over himself.
  24. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...gainst_my_will/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.